“Best B&B in the Sierra Foothills”
Review of Eden Vale Inn

Eden Vale Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Placerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 26, 2011

In a beautiful setting in ten acres of gardens, the innkeepers have thought of everything. Our room had a private soaking tub adjoining the room. The room included a gas fireplace, romantic lighting option, large shower with regular and rain shower heads. Free long distance telephone is also included. Breakfast was served at 9:00 and was delicious.

The inn has been built over the last 25 years in what was an old barn. It is elegant and a great place to stay for a romantic get away.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms with the soaking tub.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

At Last someone has figured out that not everyone likes the antique style. Just because it is in a historic area doesn't mean we want to sleep with lace and roses. The artistic style with which Gayle has decorated, puts her in a professional's class. The light Asian influence makes for a crisp and clean, but warm environment. Everything is top notch, with state of the art lighting in the rooms, and a soaking tub that fills itself with water temperature preset, and also shuts off when its full and ready. This is truly a destination location. There is no need to leave, other than to have dinner and lunch. I would probably bring some food along next time, so I did not have to drive so much to have a meal. It would also just be better to spend our time at the Inn, as it has so many relaxing characteristics. We will be back and recommend this to our friends. THIS is Placerville's shining star in the lodging industry.

Room Tip: The Live Oak -quiet for sleeping with window open
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We joined in on the fun with family and friends for an intimate wedding and reception at the Eden Vale Inn Bed and Breakfast. Great service with a friendly smile from owners, Mark & Gayle Hamlin and staff, morning, noon and night. We felt like we had pulled into paradise as we approached Eden Vale's front entrance lots of fun in store.

From start to finish we were delighted with the bountiful gardens (Amazing Gayle!), soaking up the sun by the Big Dipper Pond (Good on ya Mark!), room amenities including the 21st century lighting system, large shower and Japanese soaking tub--relaxation at its finest. Breakfast was served at 9 AM with coffee available at 7:30 AM. We eased into the morning and really enjoyed the spread of fresh fruit, yogurt, homemade white chocolate & pumpkin scones and vegetable frittata. Delicious and nutritious!

Many thanks to to Mark & Gayle for their efforts throughout the weekend from band-aids to local favorites, cultural attractions and driving directions. We cannot wait to visit the west coast again soon and stay in this wonderful, one of kind Inn!

Room Tip: All the rooms are divine!
2  Thank reppop
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Looking for a brief respite from the Sierra snows, we chose Eden Vale for its proximity, its willingness to take pets, and its overall ambiance as seen on its website and reviews. The inn is a lovely restored barn with gorgeous gardens, intimate upscale and relaxing rooms, and hosts who go the extra mile to provide their guests with every amenity -from delicious full breakfasts each day, to a warm cookie at night, and detailed information on all surrounding activities from hiking and biking to wineries and restaurants. We all had a grand spring getaway, including our golden retriever who got to hike and swim both in the American River and the Eden Vale Inn pond!

Reviewed March 10, 2011

Where do I begin? We needed a getaway soo badly. Eden Vale Inn was just what the doctor ordered! The rooms feature state of the art lighting, european style showers and HD/blue ray TV's. We really loved the modern decor, not the typical antique, country style you often see at B&B's. The outdoor soaking tubs were a unique and lovely way to end the day. We spent loads of time enjoying the garden most of all. We had a lot of fun exploring the well placed found objects of the landscape. Bowling balls, tea kettles, a ladder, birdhouses, buddhas and fountains make beautiful accent pieces throughout. Also enjoy an evening around the fire pit as the sun sets. Mark helped us map out a plan to see the area's wineries, which offer ample complimentary tastings. Gayle's breakfasts were hearty, personal and delicious. All in all this was a special stay for my husband and I. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
EdenValeInn, Owner at Eden Vale Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2011

Reno_Gypsie
Thanks for sharing your experience with prospective guests. We appreciate your business and help spread the word. Mark

Reviewed February 22, 2011

Beautiful B and B. Wonderful Private rooms. Each room has a private patio with soaking tub. Very romantic and comfortable.
Breakfast was amazing. Enjoyed a fire under the stars with a nice bottle of wine.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for coming to visit and writing a Trip Advisor review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Mark

Reviewed February 18, 2011

Amazing place! Generally my husband and I just kind of blow through Placerville on our way to Lake Tahoe, but we decided to stay at a bed and breakfast in Placerville for a few days so we could check out the downtown area. Never having stayed in Placerville, I took a chance with Eden Vale after checking out their website. It is a choice that I am so thankful to have taken. The inn is absolutely wonderful -- it is modern, charming and has kept that rustic feel to it. Gayle and Mark have created an upscale but homey atmosphere. Walking around in my pajamas, going up the stairs for coffe or hot chocolate, grabbing a movie (from their very well selected collection) was as comfortable as being in my own home. Every intention of visiting downtown Placerville went out the window as soon as I stepped foot through the front door. The two days I was there, I didn't leave the grounds, except to walk down the road to their neighbour's house to check out the minature horses. The gardens are spectacular, meandering paths, various areas to sit (I love the way the chairs are grouped together for you and a friend), lovely, lovely statues, fountains and garden art. It was total Zen and I felt so peaceful and relaxed there. Being a very energetic person, it is not always easy for me to relax -- I had no problem at Eden Vale. The fire pit out by the pond is fantastic at night. My husband and I had a fire both nights we were there, and we watched the stars come in and just begin to fill up the sky. It is very clear there and the sky was really lit up with stars -- it reminded me of being at summer camp! I cannot say enough about the rooms -- classy and comfortable, great bedding, the rainshower head in the shower was an added delight, and the soaking tubs were amazing. They are deep enough (and large enough) for two people to sit in and you sink right up to your neck! Loved the bathroom amentities that were provided. And the breakfasts were to die for -- fruit bowls, scones, quiche, potatoes -- my husband was in seventh heaven because he doesn't eat that well at home! My husband and I travel quite often and have stayed in many bed and breakfast inns and this is definately ranked up there high amongst our favorites. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast. I definately will be visiting Eden Vale again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Were glad you didn't blow through Placerville and found a touch of Paradise. Thanks for visiting and we look forward to seeing you again for a slow down a Eden Vale Inn.

Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel
12 mi away
The Historic American River Inn
Larkspur Landing Folsom
Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.

Been to Eden Vale Inn? Share your experiences!