“A great and elegant B&B to escape to”

Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.
Ranked #2 of 7 Placerville B&B and Inns
Jersey City, New Jersey
“A great and elegant B&B to escape to”
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We found this place on the internet and we immediately fell in love with it ( we are in NJ). When we visited there in February for the first time, we knew it was the right decision as we drove up the drive way. It was breathtakingly beautiful even in February, We started thinking about how great it was going to be and our guests would enjoy the day here. Both Kathleen (owner) and Jordan (wedding planner) made us feel right at home. They went well beyond our expectations and made our dream wedding the best it could have asked for. We had the ceremony on the lovely lower green lawn and blue California sky. We had the cocktails and cheese on the fountain area and followed by the elegant reception on the terrace over looking the American River. Our guests have not stopped talking about how much fun and relaxed time they had. Needless to say the rooms were great. Our room was sooo romantic and very well appointed. So much that we plan to return next year for our anniversary. We could not have asked for a better place or better people for our wedding!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oakland, CA
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We went up to Placerville and our reservation got screwed up at a hotel nearby. Fortunately, Bella Vista had a last minute cancellation in their best room.

We got there early (11 am), and were planning on just dropping off our bags, but they welcomed us and set us up down by the "beach". They made our weekend. The pool (a rarity in these parts), with its waterfall and slide, are amazing, although it is refreshingly cool. The view is epic, and all of the details are just dead on. You can tell Kathleen and Bob put thought into every decision about the place.

The room was spectacular; the breakfast perfect in the morning. They were exactly right on tone - friendly but respectful of time.

We really can't recommend this place enough. The area is cool too - it made for a fantastic weekend getaway from the Bay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed September 8, 2010

There are few luxury bed and breakfasts in this area, but we were SO glad we chose Bella Vista. My husband and I stayed here for our wedding night. Even at the discounted price they gave us, the owners permitted an early check-in so that my bridesmaids and I could get ready there (I had an evening wedding at the park nearby, in front of the river) and an extended check out the next day so that we could enjoy the BEAUTIFUL scenery, swim in the pool and just lounge and relax the day after the crazy wedding. Bella Vista offers peace and privacy, both inside and outside. The rooms are so romantic and everything was just perfect. My husband was able to arrange for flower petals to decorate the floors and bed and lead up to the beautiful spa tub upon our arrival (we stayed in the Bella Vista Suite). We slept in and had a wonderful gourmet breakfast in the morning. The owners were so helpful-- we lost the keys to the car that we were supposed to take for our honeymoon, and they were so gracious to let us leave the car there until a replacement key could be made a few days later. They maintain a delicate balance of hospitality and friendliness yet leave us to enjoy our privacy. I highly recommend Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast, especially for couples who are staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 8, 2010

Once I solidified my business trip North of Placerville I began the quest for accommodations close by. Much to my amazement and utter delight a came upon the Bella Vista B & B. What a superb location on 5 manicured acres overlooking the America River from a vantage high above. My suite was very roomy, comfortable and elegant, complete with a large jacuzzi tub and endless views across the valley below. The Inn was quiet and peaceful which allowed me to both relax and complete a lot of work thanks to the WIFI. My wife and I are planning a trip to Gold County in early summer to hike and white water raft. We will definitely stay at the illustrious Bella Vista Bed and Breakfasrt!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TopangaMalibu
Napa, California
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I loved this house... The property, the house, the pool, the view over the river valley! The pool actually has a sand beach around it... The sunset over the valley was spectacular! We took the recommendation of the Innkeepers and went to town for dinner... Amazing as well. I loved this sleepy little town so much more than if we'd stayed in Placerville...

I will definitely return next fall...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed July 9, 2009

My sister surprised me with a "Girls Only" weekend at the Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Estate. We drove through the entry gates, rounded a curve and the Bella Vista came into view. My jaw literally dropped open! This place is nothing short of breath-takingly beautiful. The building looks like a Tuscan villa and the beautifully landscaped lawns & gardens, complete with glittering waterfountains and a babbling brook, are gorgeous. And it doesn't stop at the outside. As you walk up the wide stairway to the entry door soft music plays in the background and everywhere you look something of interest catches your eye . The interior of the Bella Vista is exquisitely furnished continuing with the Italian theme. My sister and I stayed in the two bedroom Rio Vista Suite and once I saw it I didn't want to leave. We had our own private patio with a gorgeous view of the Coloma Valley and were only a few steps away from an island-inspired pool complete with "wet" bar & under water stools. We were only planning to stay for two nights, but loved the Bella Vista so much we extended our stay for two more days. Owners Bob & Kathleen Ash went all out to make our stay a memorable one. We look back on our stay there with fond memories and look forward to going there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
California
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Although it's a bit of a drive from Placerville the Bella Vista is a gorgeous and romantic place to stay. Once we arrived we were awestruck by the beautiful views of the American River and surronding hills. The owners were sweet and accomodating and the breakfast was fantastic!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
#1 of 7 in Placerville
Enchanted April Inn
Enchanted April Inn
#1 of 1 in Pilot Hill

Been to Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.

Property: Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.
Address: 581 Cold Springs Rd, Placerville, CA 95667-9381
Location: United States > California > Placerville
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 7 B&Bs / Inns in Placerville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc. 3.5*
Bella Vista is a luxurious hillside estate with views overlooking the Coloma Valley and the American River. We offer a resort-like stay for guests of all occasions, and make the perfect venue for a dream wedding. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.