“My favorite restaurant in the world”
Review of 301 Cafe

301 Cafe
Ranked #26 of 95 Restaurants in Placentia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been going to this restaurant for over 35 years. Simply put, the best Mexican food in world! Even though I now live about 25 miles away my wife and I come here to celebrate nearly every occasion in our lives: birthdays, anniversaries, job promotions, Valentine's Day, or just to celebrate the end of the week. We even had our wedding rehearsal dinner here. The two nicest people have been working there ever since I started coming here back in the 70s. So friendly and so quaint inside it feels like coming home. Two dinners and a pitcher of beer will set you back about 22 bucks. Before dinner they provide you with chips, salsa, guacamole and these delicious carrots and jalapenos in vinegar. Careful though, you are likely to fill up on these before you ever get your meal! I can't say enough good about this place. You have to try this place sometime in your life or you are truly missing out on one of the small pleasures in life. My favorite restaurant in the world!

1  Thank Amadeus626

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Love the wet burrito. I get it with all meat (pork) or Chicken. The Chili Verde is a plus as well.
If you are in a "hurry", this is not the place for you. Sit back relax, enjoy a cold beer. Snack on the free chips "spicy" salsa and free guacamole. It beats waiting in line at Farolitos!!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Despite the single red door on Melrose, don't be afraid to go in. Very friendly folks, great authentic Mexican food...go for the standard bit: Taco, cheese enchilada, rice and beans. Great and fun experience. Love to take business associates here for lunch. Been going here 20+ years...always good.

1  Thank Maddog_Marty51
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I love coming here. I get the wet burrito. Its super big filled with beans pork cheese green chille. Its called a wet burrito cause they cover it with beans cheese and the chille. It comes with some chips/salsa for a total about 5 bucks. Barely crowded unless its holidays and etc.... Best Mexican food in placentia for a good price. Cant go wrong.