“Don't "Come & knock on my door...."”

Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Placentia
Berkeley, CA
“Don't "Come & knock on my door...."”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

(Title from Three's Company theme song; I'll get to that later) Stayed at many H.I. hotels and was always completely satisfied - until this one. I stayed in the jacuzzi suite and yes, I tried to use the jacuzzi (note the word 'tried'). When I ran the water, the cold water would not come on; turned the knob towards 'cold' and it remained hot. I wasn't in a hurry, so I let it cool down. Before I got in, I tested the jets. Yuck! Dirt, or whatever that stuff was, came out. I noticed it floating when I turned off the jets. I let the water out and settled for a shower.

The most frustrating part of my stay was on my departure day. Right at check-out time, 11:00am on-the-dot, someone (I think housekeeping?) knocked on my door to see if I was staying or leaving! I had the 'do not disturb' sign on the door. What did they think that meant?? It's not like it was noon or later. I was just about done, until that happened. I didn't open the door, only spoke to them through the door. I have never experienced that at any hotel, even when running late w/family.

Otherwise, the room/hotel was comfortable. The fitness room has 3 machines, was able to use one with no problems.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
B.C.
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Got a great rate at travelocity (hidden hotel) for $58 per night. Excellent value. Hotel is a solid 3 stars. Need a car to stay there as nothing is near by. About 20 min drive to Disneyland via hwy 57. Very quiet hotel. Don't think hotel was more than 50% full. Good size, clean room (jr suite and reg room) and bathroom.

Standard, adequate breakfast included. Free wireless internet plus 2 complimentary desktops with printer in lobby. Lots of free parking. Marriot Fairfield Inn and Marriot Suites are 2 blocks away right next to hwy 57. From the outside, Holiday Inn Express Placentia looked like a better choice.

Would definitely stay again at the right price (i.e. less than $75 or $80).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This hotel is on a quiet street a couple blocks from the freeway. Other than a Dennys right in front of the hotel, there aren't other businesses for a couple of blocks so it is a bit of an oasis. The hotel itself is typical of others in the Holiday Inn Express chain - decent rooms with good beds (two queens). A breakfast bar is included as it is in all Holiday Inn Express hotels, and it was the usual fare ... cereal, doughnuts, eggs etc. .... with the exception of no fresh fruit. Our GPS led us to Disney through city streets, and it took 10-15 minutes. One thing we really enjoyed was the Samurai restaurant about a mile away .... really good and reasonably inexpensive Japanese food (it doesn't seem to be listed in tripadvisor so I won't make a separate entry). My take on the hotel is that it is reasonably priced, decent and quite convenient to Disney.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Absolutely zero complaints about the hotel itself - it was very clean, comfortable and convenient. Mysteriously, the credit card we paid with was used for 3 other unauthorized transactions the day we checked out. We had to cancel the card and proceed to convince our bank of the unauthorized charges. We know someone in this hotel used our card because it was my "emergency card" (rarely used). We are certain of this because my husband left his wallet in the taxi from the airport to the hotel (which was returned later that day), so I used our "emergency card" and did not use it again before canceling it once we discovered the unauthorized charges a few days after we returned home. We do not plan to do business with this hotel again since we have no idea which employee committed this crime. A shame, because we enjoyed everything else while we stayed there...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank TrvlLuv
Colchester
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Stayed here after a Transatlantic flight as a first night of a vacation.Perfect for a family as rooms are large and have all the amenities required.Room was on third floor and quiet which was great.Real plus was the swimming Pool which was large and clean and recieved sunlight until late.Complimentary Breakfast was excellent.
If you are a fan of fast food Jack in the Box is just down the road and a Denny's is virtually adjoining the Hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed June 23, 2009

This hotel is easy to find off the highway and apparently convenient if you're visiting Disney. I was in town for a business meeting, so its purpose for me was strictly sleep. It was a good, clean room with a clean bathroom and fast WiFi connection. The hotel was really quiet and it was easy to get a nice close parking spot (probably because I stayed on a Monday night). I had to leave early in the morning so I wasn't able to take advantage of the free breakfast, but if you frequent HIE's you kind of know what to expect - the awesome cinnamon rolls and other goodies that get you started on the right foot. For the location and price, you can't go wrong.

PS - if you're a Denny's fan, there's one a stone's throw away from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Lippstadt, Germany
Reviewed May 26, 2009

This was our second time in the HIE Placentia. Our first stay was in June 2007 and we spent nearly a week in the hotel and fully enjoyed it.
Our second stay was only for 3 nights. I can only say I really missed the comfortable huge bed. The pillow collection as in all HIE is the best and for every taste catered. As we are roller coaster fans we usually spent our days walking miles in the different parks and therefore coming back to the room and having a bath in the great jacuzzi is just the best, it relaxes your muscles and you are fit for the next day without any pains.

This time when we stayed the big fires were just on and the area was a little dusty and smelly and we had a big group of workers in the hotel who did some work in the areas of the fire and it got a bit noisier as soon as they returned form work, which didn't bother us to be honest I know how it is to be travelling in a group even when it is just for work, but others complained.

Oh not to forget the best ever cinnamon rolls in the world (ok you do get them in other HIEs as well)...

All in all the hotel is a bit older now but still very clean and everyone is really nice and friendly.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placentia
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North

Been to Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel? Share your experiences!