“Great Family Stay”

Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Placentia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here a week with my family and another family and overall had a great experience. We knew going in that the hotel was away from the parks which is exactly what we wanted. The Disney hotel area was super expensive over the 4th of July weekend and the value for what you get at BW Placentia was much better. If your looking for that "Disney Hotel" experience that don't stay here. If your looking for a great value away from the hustle and bustle of the parks than this is a great choice. Hotel location is one block off the 57 and 91 freeways so getting to all the parks is super easy. About 15 minutes to Knott's and 12 to Disney. Anaheim stadium and Honda center are both about 5 minutes away. Beaches are about 25-30 minutes which isn't much closer than Disney area hotels. We chose this property because it looked nice, had free hot breakfast, pool, workout room and was located near all the things we wanted without all the extra resort fees, parking fees and hecticness of the Disney area hotels. I will say that the breakfast room can get busy especially when there is a tour bus staying which happend on 4 of the 7 days we were there but that's to be expected. We've stayed right near Disney before and the breakfast rooms are just busy. Lots of people trying to get ready at the same time. We noticed after 9 am that it was pretty much empty. I will say that if you can speak Spanish you'll have a much easier time communicating with the staff. We didn't have too much of a language barrier. Breakfast room has hot eggs, sausage or bacon each day along with biscuits and gravy. They have hot waffles, toast, bagels and fruit and juice. With the amount of people trying to eat food goes quick but they do replenish it fairly fast. I will say that after 4 or 5 days we were hoping for something different but what can you expect after a weeks stay. It worked fine for us and the 3 kids in our group. The pool area was super clean and we pretty much had it to ourselves. The hotel sits back a block off the freeway and faces a high school to one side so we didn't experience much noise at all since school was out. I imagine that during school season its a bit louder. The hotel is older but has been remodeled and the rooms have a refrigerator and huge flat screen tv's. We didn't experience any technical problems during our stay. Overall we had a great experience. Like other reviews the elevator is SUPER slow so if your staying on the 2nd floor which we were than just take the stairs. I will also say that the stairs were closed down for "painting" which in our 7 day visit we didn't see anyone painting. I'm guessing they closed them down because they didn't want the tour bus kids running up and down them. So my recommendation is if your looking for a better value than the resort area hotels than this is a great choice. You don't get charged a resort fee or parking fee and there are plenty of food choices just an exit up or down from the property.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the second or third floors facing East towards the mountains. Allow extra time in th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
05696, Manager at Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for your comment about the Best Western PLUS Anaheim Orange County Hotel.

We are delighted to learn you had a memorable stay with us.
With your paticipation our guest receive the opportunity to learn about our amenities and services as an option when visiting the Anaheim/Fullerton area.

If you are coming back to the area, please contact us so we are honored in hosting you soon.
Once again, Thank you for your preference!

Christina L.
Best Western PLUS Anahiem Orange County Hotel.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I booked a 4 night stay to mainly visit all the local theme parks; thank goodness that our entire days were spent at the parks and ultimately only needed the facility to rest our heads at night. The room we occupied was on the lower level across from the breakfast room…although that was a convenience, it didn’t make up for the fact the walls are SUPER SUPER THIN which allowed us to hear every conversation, word for word, from the guests next door and all the noise from the outside hall. Also, couldn’t understand the humidity in the room as we kept the air running our entire stay, it literally felt like we were walking on wet carpet and what a horrible sewer-like smell coming from the closet.
Seriously, way too many cons to list. Please do not be fooled by photos and positive reviews.
The only thing I would consider a “Plus” would be the kind lady that monitored the breakfast room. She worked diligently to keep the breakfast room supplied and was always willing to make waffles for the guests.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank c a
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank your valuable response.
Our team and management is constantly working on making our guests stay a wonderful experience.
We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. In our efforts to enhance the hotel our carpet cleaning in our public areas interrupted the normal activity for our guests.
Although our performance did not reach your expectations we would like to thank you for your comments and assure you that will be part of our operations.

We also thank you for your kind comments about Ana and how she was able to make a great impression to our guests that morning. I will be sure to pass this positive comment.

Thank you!

Christina Lopez

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I looked at a number of reviews when trying to decide whether we would stay here. I was unsure but based on the fact that it is a Best Western, we decided to chance it. First, the good. The check in process went rather smoothly, the facility was clean and the beds and pillows were amazing. We were visiting Disneyland and it was a few minutes drive away but not bad. I appreciated the fact that housekeeping did not turn down our air while we were gone, it was nice coming into a cold room at the end of the day. The bad isn't good. First, we had 3 registered guests in our room. Being that I disclosed each guest, I expected linens sufficient for 3 guests. There were 2 bath towels, 2 washcloths and 2 hand towels, never mind that you could practically see through them. When I called the front desk for enough for the third person I was told she would see if she could find someone to bring some up. Guess she couldn't because they never showed up. The next morning I found housekeeping in the hallway and asked for a washcloth and was handed lotion. Turns out NONE of the staff speaks English with the exception of the desk staff. Living in America, I have a problem with this. So, we go down to breakfast the next morning (the one and only time for the stay) and that did not go well. I will be honest and say that the fact that they did have breakfast was the deciding factor between this and other hotels. We arrived 30 minutes before breakfast ended to find that most everything was gone. The had a staff member making waffles but they were awful. Burnt on the outside, gummy on the inside, which I attribute 100% to the waffle iron as opposed to the person making them. They were doing their best to replenish only enough to last until breakfast was over and there was a family who walked in at 9:30 when it was over and they were told they could have coffee but were turned away. It seemed to me that everything was done as cheaply as it possibly could have been and I have a strong feeling that this is at the instruction of the owner of that particular facility. That day when they serviced our room, they took the extra linens I acquired but did not replace the same number so I had to call the front desk and was told if I needed anything I would have to come get it myself so I waited until the next morning and helped myself to the cart so as to avoid a repeat of the day before. I do have to say that I sincerely question the authenticity of the glowing reviews that were left, epecially any that refer to the "wonderful breakfast". Will not ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or bring your own linens
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ABQDisneyMom
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you for your participation in submitting your comments about your recent stay at our hotel.
We are honored in receiving details about your experience with us and would like to utilize this opportunity to provide additional assistance to all or our guests.
We are proud to be sponsored by online entities; please contact us and let us know of your additional requests, our 24/7 staff is here to answer to any questions about our local area, additional services such as rolloway beds and other information.

Please allow me to reiterate my commitment to you as well. All of our guests are welcome to contact our management team and let us know how we can make it better. We will do our best to find accomodations that fit your needs. Our goal is to make your stay a great experience and look forward to welcoming you soon.

Christina L.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Website advertises in room movies, which are not available. Front desk stated they plan on getting them in future. We paid for an upgraded whirlpool room. Whirlpool did not work and front desk gentleman was nice & said we can move you or charge you for standard room since the whirlpool is broken. We said the standard room price is fine we are already unpacked & are leaving in morning. We're supposed to be there 3 nights but since location was horrible across the street from trailer home park we had decided to move.
At checkout manager said gentleman didn't note room about whirlpool so she would have to charge us for upgraded room.
Very dishonest establishment lied about in room movies and then did not stand by there front desk gentleman.

Do not stay there!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Amanda1078
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you so much for review and feedback provided about your experience at our Best Western PLUS Anaheim Orange County Hotel.
It is of great value to receive all our guests responses. We are taking in consideration offer in-room movies for an additional convenience to our guests comfortable stay.
Your comments and suggestions will help us improve our performance and reach the customer service our guests deserve.

Once again, Thank You and we look forward to welcoming you soon!

Christina Lopez

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We originally were going to stay at BW Burbank, but decided to stay near Disneyland. After researching hotels near the park in Anaheim, the accomodations were outrageously expensive, and not so nice. We decided on Best Western Plus in Placienta. The check-in process was fast, the room was extremely nice, newly renovated. 42" Flat Screen, Coffee Maker with free Coffee, Refrigerator, and the Bed was very comfortable. The housekeepers were extremely nice, and made our stay peaceful. We had no issues, other than the WIFI didn't allow us to upload pictures to Twitter or Facebook. The pool was extremely nice, warm, and Hot Tub perfect. Breakfast was nice except for the eggs, a little runny, but the bisuits and gravy, AMAZING. A very affordable stay. We took advantage of the 3 night special, which was 66.99 per night plus tax. Hotels of this magnitude and plushness near Disneyland were 150-200 nightly. We will definitely stay at this property again, and recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: The Hotel only has 3 floors, but we were located on the 3rd floor, very quiet. I would recommend st...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times in the last couple of years. The stay has always been pleasant and enjoyable. I probably will continue to return to this hotel whenever I need to be in the Anaheim, Fullerton area, which seems to occur frequently. While this hotel is not actually near anything (other than the Denny's Restaurant at the front of the property), if you have your own car, most things are available within a very few miles including good shopping, good restaurants, recreation, Major League Baseball and Hockey, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, a major University (Cal State Fullerton), and for all you computer geeks, Fry's Electronics.

The Hotel is clean and quiet, has great people at the front desk, very comfortable beds, and some, if not all rooms have two excellent flat screen televisions in case your spouse or children don't agree as to which channel you want to watch. Additionally, the breakfast offered is much better than many hotels. Last time I stayed, I had a cheese omelet, sausage, and biscuits and gravey. It was great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Coover
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the BW. The room was clean and big, the bed is very comfortable, we liked the breakfast, easy access to the freeways. The only problem with this hotel is the key to the room. The magnet does not work, and we had to go down to the Reception area many times to get the key reprogrammed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BayAreaTra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placentia
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton

Been to Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel? Share your experiences!