All reviewswafflesbreakfast roomquiet hotelbed was comfortableparking lotclean roomsanaheim areahot breakfastdesk clerkfree breakfastnice roomshort drivebooked this hotelfitness centersouthern californiaorange countyfree parking
Reviewed November 11, 2011

On Thursday night, October 20, 2011, our over-sized family stayed in three identical rooms, all next to each other. Each room had two queen size beds, plus refrigerators for our traveling food/snacks. The bathrooms felt spacious and it was all clean and comfortable. The front staff was friendly and helpful, letting us know that we could get a 10% discount at the next door Denny's--which we did.

Several of our children took advantage of the pool. The staff let us know that when the door to the pool area closes, it stays locked, so they offered an extra towel or two to hold it slightly open so no one would get locked outside.

Breakfast was well-attended all morning. The waffle maker was in constant use, typically with a line, so I was disappointed when the batter wasn't refilled after it was last emptied at 9:12 am. (Breakfast hours ended punctually at 9:30.) Scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits were kept supplied, though. The serving area either was not well laid out or was exceptionally small for the number of people being served. We were often elbow to elbow, with access to the refrigerated foods being blocked by those wanting to use the microwave and vice-verse.

Overall, this was a pleasant experience. We paid a reasonable $85/room, including tax.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MamaStephanie12
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Apparently this was a busy weekend for the Anaheim area. Blizzcon at the convention center took over all the hotels in Anaheim. We were heading to Disneyland and this was the closest hotel. Wow, we did not make a mistake by booking a room here! Busy as she was the hostess was friendly and efficient checking us in! The room was clean and the air conditioner worked. The bathroom was clean.There was a Denny's on property where we ate dinner, it was good for a Denny's (I am not a Denny's fan).
I felt comfortable and safe in the neighborhood.Breakfast room was clean and the woman kept all the food filled and tables clean. Breakfast was a good surprise, with good choices, waffles, scramble eggs, biscuits/gravy, corned beef hash on Saturday, sausage on Sunday, bagels. My only complaint was the water for tea was tepid, coffee came in pump canister which I personally don't like. On the up side there was a microwave to heat up the water/coffee.
My husband and I are going to make this our Disneyland trip hotel from now on. Only 20 minutes away from the park!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Travelingpals
Reviewed October 14, 2011

First impression is very important. That was exactly what I got from this hotel and staffs. The reception area is clean and big so that I thought I was walking in to much more expensive hotel. Room is nice and clean. Queen size beds are clean and comfortable. Good size bathroom. Located in quiet area. Feel almost like home. Free wifi. Staffs are friendly and professional. I was so happy that I stayed here twice. Booked through Costco travel. Saved money and times. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: second floor is more convenient than 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Thao L
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I booked online the same day I stayed (10/4/2011). Checked in late after 7:00pm. It took less than 5 minutes to check in. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Did not have time to have breakfast but went to check it out: egg, sausage, orange juice, coffee ... Look good and clean.
My friend stayed in other hotel nearby but said that my room was much bigger and cleaner. Parking lot is huge.
The room was clean. King-size bed was firm just the way I like.
Great value.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank TTSept2009
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We booked our room online and had planned to check in around 4pm. We were running really late and called the hotel to make sure our room was still available and the man I spoke to assured us it would be. When we arrived we were able to check in right away in a matter of minutes. Our room was clean and beautiful with extremely soft beds and flat screen tvs. We were told breakfast would be served till 10am and when we arrived at 9:30 it was still being served and wasn't picked over lol. Overall a great experience!

Room Tip: book online!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Alisabeth P
BWPManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review our Best Western PLUS Placentia Inn & Suites! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beds! All of our beds in the hotel are specialty beds, meaning you have your choice of a plush pillowtop mattress or a next generation memory foam bed! We hope to see you back again real soon!

Erin Lee