“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Placentia
Santa Barbara, California
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

This was our first time staying at a Residence Inn, and I'm so happy we found it! We had a bi-level loft suite. Very roomy with a full kitchen and supplies. Two full bathrooms, fireplace, living room area, dining room and computer area, then at night it converts into a Murphy bed which was very comfy. We had two flat screens TVs, upstairs and downstairs. It was very quite, very relaxing and it just made our little trip a little slice of heaven.

In the mornings they serve a free breakfast. It's very good. They have a swimming pool, jacquizzi, BBQ grill and plenty of lounge chairs. They also have a combonation volleyball/basketball court. Laundry room and in the lobby they have a 24 hour little market. Very convenient.

Can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cali
Reviewed January 15, 2010

My hubby and I had a funeral to attend in the southern California area, so I booked a 3 star room on Priceline for $45 a night. I have never stayed at a Ressidence Inn before, so I didn't know what to expect. We arrived around 5 on a Tues. evening and check-in was a breeze. Mon-Wed. they have a lite dinner in the dinning area, but we had already eaten. Our room was in the back next to the highway, but the noice wasn't bad at all. I was very impressed! Our room had a full kitchen with modern appliances and the everything you might need (plates, flatware, glasses, even cloth napkins!!). It had granite counter tops, tile floors, nice lighting. The room was large, with sofa, chair and coffee table, and large, flat screen T.V. The bathroom area wasn't anything special, but all was clean and the tub was larger than most I've stayed in. The bed was very comfy, and we slept well. They have a GREAT breakfast with biscuts and gravy, oatmeal, eggs, waffles and much more. Check out was easy. I only had one problem with the room--the coffee table wasn't clean. It had dried milk on it and looked kinda gross. We didn't eat in the room, so I didn't complain. It was a small thing, and I would stay here again!! Our "overall" stay was wonderful!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roadgirl999
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We stayed here while in town for the Long Beach Grand Prix. Yes, it's quite far from LongBeach, but we had to pick people up in Anaheim on the way down there. We had a room with a loft and 2 baths that slept six. The value was excellent, considering that the parking, internet and hot breakfast were all free. We also got a $25 Exxon gift card for each night we stayed (booked through Marriott). The buildings were a little older, but the bedding and furniture was typical of all Marriott properties. I like the Residence Inns because I like the convenience of the full kitchen...especially when you are staying for more than a day or two. We didn't do anything in the area, so my review just pretty much lets you know that the hotel is just fine!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Antioch
Reviewed December 21, 2009

I can stay at any Marriotts Hotels, Residence Inns or Fairfield Inns and know that i will get the best attention, service and comfortness.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
wellington
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I stayed at the Residence in for 3 weeks in October/November. This was my 3rd stay. In my past visits, I found the self-contained rooms quite comfortable, but getting tired. This visit, my suite (with loft) had just been modernised and upgraded. It was beautiful and fresh. There were flat screen TVs in the livingroom, master bedroom and loft bedroom. The staff accommodated my desire for unrushed mornings and did all the cleaning when I was out in the afternoon. All in all it was a perfect stay and very, very good value. I love this place.

• Stayed October 2009
seattle
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews on tripadvisor. Our experience was great though. We stayed in one of the rooms with a King in one bedroom and a queen in the upstairs loft. Every thing was clean and well taken care of, as expected at a Residence Inn. The beds were good and the room was in good order. It's true some of the cabinetry is a little dated and the like, but in general the facility is well maintained. They started another renovation in June, but only have completed three rooms. My wife is very particular when it comes to hotels, but she was very happy. It was nice to have a full kitchen so we did not have to eat out all the time. It is less than 10 min to Disney land on CA 57 and half the cost of the Residence Inn Main gate.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Boeing_engineer
Murrysville, PA USA
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I have stayed here before, but two or three years ago. I usually stay in Anaheim, but this past trip the hotels were all booked there, so I came up here again. It's only about 10 minutes from Anaheim, so the location is good.

The hotel is laid out in little buildings with a few units in each and walkways in between. The staff here is very nice and helpful. The breakfast is just OK, but certainly adequate for a quick bite on the way out the door. The pool and hot tub look nice, but I did not get a chance to use them.

The rooms are nice and big and with a nice work surface in between the kitchen area and sitting area. The kitchen comes with a stove, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave oven, sink, and dishwasher. It is also stocked with plates, glasses, pans, silverware, and some kitchen utensils. The bathroom is small, but not too cramped. The area outside the bathroom has a sink and little dressing area. I had a suite with a king-size bed.

This stay, the bed was quite uncomfortable. It felt like a 400 lb. man had been sleeping there for two months in the same place. I could not find any position on the bed where I couldn't feel the "canyon" in the middle of the bed. Maybe flipping the mattress once a month would help this problem. But the bigger problem with my stay this time is that the room is looking a little tired. It needs to be upgraded. Fortunately, it looks like they have just started on a big facelift. Unfortunately, the construction storage trailers eat up a lot of parking room. For those guests in units at the end of the complex, there is no place to park close to their units. But this is a temporary situation.

All in all, I would stay here again. The quality of the place, even this stay, outweighs the little issues I had. (I might wait another 10 months or so, just to be sure the construction is finished.)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank saktunes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placentia
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton? Share your experiences!