“Family vacation ”

Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Placentia
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I noticed a lot of complaints were about the noise, we had a loft suite on the back of the property ( closest to freeway) and it wasn't a issue at all. My infant slept just fine. I'd stay here again, great service and great breakfast. Small drive to Disneyland.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mzzqueenbee

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We arrived very late about 2:00 am. Parked my van and walked to to front door and waited and waited and waited. You have to buzz in when you arrive so late. A very nice gentleman opened the door and started checking us in. He ran my Marriott Visa and said it was declined for $40.00 (I was using points to pay for my room so credit card was just incase) I said it's impossible there's nothing wrong with it he ran it again and said it was declined and this time turned the screen to show me it was declined. I gave them another Visa. I noticed the breakfast for the next day was already all set out. We didn't eat it so I'm not too sure how fresh it was. So I went to our room and had to park very far. Once I got to my room I called my Marriott Visa Credit Card and they said there was only one attempt for authorization and it was for only $20.00 and it went through. Hmmm so weird since it was supposedly declined twice for 40.00 and had to give a totally different card. The room had a bad lay out for us. Wasn't thrilled with this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Steve A, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your issues during your stay at the Placentia Residence Inn. I sincerely apologize for the issues with your credit card upon check-in. Without more detailed information I am unable to research this further, but would like to follow up with you if possible, I can be reached at either 714-996-0555 or ri.snapl.gm@marriott.com.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We booked this hotel last minute. We were allowed to check in early, which was greatly appreciated. The young lady at the desk was spectacular, as was "Cameron", when we called to inquire about the noise upstairs (it did sound like they were bowling). The room, while not the cleanest I've ever seen, was adequate. The bed was clean and comfortable.
Now, with all that in mind, this would seem like an ideal location; but Placentia is mostly industrial, and there is a graffitied car dealership kitty-corner to the hotel.
We were only here a night, and there is nothing that the hotel can do to improve the city - so in all, they actually deserve 4 circles. But, since this is a big picture review, Placentia just needs to be spruced up a bit.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate your candid and balanced opinion. I'd also like to thank you for your kind words regarding Cameron and our desk staff.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were in town for a family funeral. This was a great place to 'escape' from the insanity. Room was quiet and it was so nice to have a kitchen and living room area. Staff were so nice. Cameron and Zackary at the front desk were helpful and kind.
Ramona and the other hospitality staff (breakfast area) were efficient and friendly. We felt very well taken care of.
Close to the 57 and 91 but no traffic noise.

Room Tip: Second floor studios are great but the stairs are a little steep - heavy suitcases are hard to wrest...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DocHOneAndTwo
Steve A, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton was enjoyable.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn for 2 nights while in Anaheim to watch some hockey.
From check-in to check-out the front desk staff were very attentive.
The pool area was very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed here for five nights on business, selecting the Residence Inn brand as I am familiar with this from other locations. I had requested a quiet room and was located in a block near the centre of the complex (the hotel consists of blocks / buildings each contain a small number of rooms / studios. On entering the room the aircon was very noisy so I turned it off. Turning off the noisy fridge followed. But I could hear machinery noise from an adjacent room. I called reception and was given another room, 121. This was fine with the aircon off (although it was getting up to near 30°C during the day the room was fine without aircon) and with the fridge off. I'll write about the room and then come back to the noise issues which followed.

The room was a reasonable size. It was open-plan with the well-appointed kitchen, desk for working and a good-sized bed. There was a sofa, a chair and a good-sized TV. There were two cupboards, a large chest of drawers, bedside units, etc.. The sink was in an annex and there was a separate bathroom with toilet and bath. I found the room fine and it was always cleaned to a high standard.

Wifi is free up to about 1Mbs and there is an enhanced Wifi for $5 per day. I tried this and downloads were faster although VOIP calls were still not perfect.

Breakfast was the typical Residence Inn experience in the friendly "front room" and all staff were pleasant and friendly.

So, why will I probably not stay here again? Noise! The hotel is located next to the Freeway. This generates a reasonable amount of background noise although the location of my room made this bearable. Nevertheless, the thin sliding window in the room did not seal well and noise came through the gaps, making the traffic noise louder than it need be. Then there were the trains - the real problem. There's a railway line and some sort of yard nearby and the trains run all night. There are crossings and I guess this is why they hoot. That loud, drowning hoot. It followed the same pattern, something like, hoot - hoot hoot - hoot - hoooooooot. I was woken every night at various times because of the trains, nothing else. And with jetlag playing a big part, being woken in the early hours meant I did not get back to sleep. It was a shame and spoiled the location.

There are no restaurants immediately within the vicinity of the hotel but plenty nearby and a short drive away. For example, the Brea Mall and surrounding area is about 10 minutes' drive away.

So, hotel's great but the noise is a problem. I have also seen this in other reports and should have been forewarned. And if I had been running aircon and the fridge, oh dear!

Room Tip: Away from the freeway, but also away from the trains!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank eurocross
Steve A, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for your response. I truly appreciate the detailed feedback as it will help us to improve in the future. I apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay. There has been some additional noise issues recently due to some CalTrans roadwork in the area and we do our best to insulate our guests as best we can. I'd like to speak to you personally about your experience and can be reached at 714-996-0555 ext. 7200.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is an older property that is close to a railway crossing with fairly loud trains. Also you have to drive a bit to get on the highway. This is probably reflected in the lower pricing compared to other Residence Inns. On the positive side the staff is good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ConstantTraveller74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placentia
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel
Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
Chase Suite Hotel Brea
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton? Share your experiences!