“Really Has Went Downhill Over The Years”
Review of El Torito

El Torito
Ranked #41 of 96 Restaurants in Placentia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I don't typically like giving bad reviews but this experience was so bad I felt I had to. I grew up in California and ate El Torito weekly over the course of many years. One of my favorite restaurants!! I now live in Arizona so the first thing I like to do is hit an El Torito when I come into town. I went for my Birthday lunch and the server was very unfriendly and almost put out. He brought salsa with no chips and the chips took an additional 10 minutes. We asked for 2 salsas and were only given one which we consumed almost as quickly as he put it down. Then we had to wait an additional 10 minutes before he came back around. We ordered appetizers that were brought out the same time as out lunch. The food was average at best. The tacos were not up to par. They barely had any meat, cheese, tomato's, etc. It was more like a half empty shell. My friend ordered the all you can eat soup and salad but he never returned during our meal to see if she wanted a refill, which in fact she did. The interior is also not very appealing and needs to be remodeled. The bathrooms were in very poor condition and need renovation as well. When we expressed our displeasure to the manager she seemed disinterested and not too concerned about our experience. Definitely a disappointing Birthday lunch!!!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The food and service were very good at this particularly El Torito. However, do not ever go to Anaheim Hills El Torito near Weir Canyon for their happy hr. You pay a $1.00 for a Taco but good luck in finding any meat inside the taco. I would be extremely embarrassed if I was the manager and was serving something like that.