“Good pizza but not great.”

Tony's Little Italy
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Placentia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: (714)528-2159
“Good pizza but not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

First time trying the place. Be sure you call ahead to order your pizza as the wait is around 45 mins. Service was good and reponsive when I arrived to pick up our call in. I have had a lot of deep dish pies both in NY and Chicago and this one rates just as average. Price for two large pizzas was just over $40, kind of high even for SoCal. The thin crust cheese pizza we got was much better.

Overall just average.

• Visited July 2013

San Diego, California
“The Deep Dish Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Looking for a pizza to sink your teeth into then Tonys Little Italy Pizza is the place to head to when in town, order in advance because it takes time to bake, about 30-45 minutes, but good things due take time and this worth the wait.

Visited June 2013
Placentia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible customer service from start to finish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just received a delivery from Tony's Little Italy Pizza. Everything about this transaction was horrible and I usually do not say that about a food place. The staff when taking my order was very uninformed about the delivery zone, minimum and I felt really rushed when placing my order. 45 minutes later I received my order of Olive oil/ chicken/spaghetti and Beef sandwich with BBQ sauce. The price was phenomenally higher then the amount that was on their website so I decided to call in and talk with Tony. Before I say anything else, I would like to re-state the golden rule of business... "The customer is always right." Tony does not believe in this rule and will go as far as to belittle his customers for not agreeing with him. I told him that on his OWN website (http://www.tonyslittleitaly.com/lunchdinner.html) there is a menu with prices listed which did not match what we were charged to which he informed me that their are no prices listed. I even had the page open and explained to him what I saw to no avail. Starting to feel like I was arguing with a 5 year old I brought up the fact that I was not informed of the $5 delivery charge and there was no napkins/utensils with our food to which Tony in his infinite wisdom told me that EVERY business does that and it is to be expected. Finally, when I asked if anything was to be done about me being wronged by his business, he flat old told me no and patronized me when he said goodbye. I would expect horrible customer service from a weekend manager but from Tony himself, it is just uncalled for. Do not give this place your time and money.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Catkins144
San Francisco, California
“Can I give negative stars?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

It hurts me to do this because the people working there were friendly.

However their food was disgusting. I got the deep dish pizza, and it was sickening. That's a heart attack in a box right there. I picked up the box and my arms went down as if I'd just picked up a 200 pound dumbbell. That's a heavy pizza right there.

Way too much cheese, the toppings were nowhere to be found (Likely hidden inside the mountain of cheese). I took one bite, and decided to throw it away (Actually I gave it to a friend).

This is deep dish pizza gone horribly wrong. $18, down the toilet.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank KumarRUSA
Depoe Bay, Oregon
“Best deep dish pizza in OC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

This isn't a pizza, it's a pie! If you've ever had pizza in Chicago, then you know what I'm talking about. You don't pick up a slice of this pizza, you eat it with a fork & knife! Delish!!!!

Visited October 2012