“Horrible! ”
Review of Motel 6 Pittsburg

Motel 6 Pittsburg
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pittsburg
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

The first room I got still had dirty towels in the shower floor. I wish I had read all the reviews because the beds DID NOT have clean sheets, hair in the so called clean towels, door didn't latch properly good customer service but terrible housekeeping. The next day room wasn't cleaned, all that was done was towels placed in bed and one trash can emptied. Bed weren't made. Horrible experience!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Another pet friendly hotel, the usual Motel 6. They tried to update it but the craftsmanship was terrible. the bathroom was not as clean as it could be, The floors were made of linoleum designed to look like wood. It was a lot cleaner than dirty carpet and probably reduced pet odors. (We had a dog with us and so weren't aware of dog smell). I went to check in and provided my ID and credit card BUT they insisted I also provide my husband's ID. Did they think we were illegal immigrants? Likely to steal the place? Who knows - they gave a lame story about access to the key. Also it is hard to get into if you are headed west because you have to go up and make a U turn in a poorly marked intersection.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quietest
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here while I was working on the freeway in Pittsburg because it was right next door. It was cheap, but really dirty.

The first room smelled like dog urine. The maid sprayed a ton of freshener to mask the smell, but they never cleaned it. It burned my nose when I opened the door it was so strong. The pet odor set my allergies off. So I got a different room and they gave me a hardwood floor.

The clean towels were full of hair. The blankets were not washed, the beds were just remade with the same blankets. I spilled a drink and asked them to change the blankets, they just took them and threw them in the dryer then brought me the same blanket which still smelled like the drink.

I could not sleep at all. I was itching all over and in the morning I had tons of tiny red bumps all over my arms, legs, and back and chest. They either have bed bugs or fleas here, I don't know which one, but there was definitely something feasting on me at night. It was a nightmare and something I never want to experience again in my life.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 11Mark22
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I like the service clean rooms and price. This place has been change a lot big different than few years ago I was there in 2008 was do bad and had so many safety issues now big different I don't have to say anything more about price it is motel7 they leave light on for us they have good service everywhere again there has been big change in this particular location because I am regular guest for motel 6

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Ghimiremadan
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I have stayed in Motel 6's when in need of motel en route to somewhere else and when I didn't need any amenities. Usually this chain provides a quiet, clean and unpretentious room at a fair price. Not this time. The Pittsburgh location is noisy, the rooms are dirty and the place is just creepy. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank briano52
Reviewed July 4, 2006

The previous reviewer is right, sadly I didn't read his review until after the fact. I'd guess you could add prostitution to the list of activities in the parking lot. I parked my car next to the security guard for safety and walked to my room alone despite the offers of help -- not from the motel staff. The next morning I realized I had no towels and went to the front desk where I was handed two wash cloths with no apologies whatsoever. Coffee urn in lobby was empty early and clerk made no move to refill it.

Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank RealDonn
A TripAdvisor Member
Redding, CA
Reviewed May 18, 2006

BAD SCENE AT THIS MOTEL 6. I should have known with the gaurd house at the entrance! The room was OK, but with the yelling & the police cars in the parking lot, it was an adventure I would not choose to have again.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg
2 mi away
Days Inn & Suites Antioch
El Dorado Motel
El Dorado Motel
#2 of 6 in Pittsburg

Been to Motel 6 Pittsburg? Share your experiences!