“New and Improved” 5 of 5 bubbles

New Mecca Cafe
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburg, California
“New and Improved”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

New Mecca has always been a staple in Pittsburg. It's a friendly place, busy with all the local characters in our city. I like the new outdoor seating on Railroad Ave. It's always been known for it's bean dip, at least to me. The rest of the menu is good, but I'm almost always too full to finish my meal because I've eaten so many chips with the bean dip. And, of course, I use that bean dip on anything else I've decided to eat. If I have any complaint it is there's too many people coming here to eat!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

San Francisco, California
“A good place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Living in Pittsburg I am always looking for new and different places to eat. I tried the New Mecca Cafe and it was very busy on Sunday. the atmosphere is casual, but I was quickly seated and served. The service was very good quick and it did not take long to get my food even though it was quite busy.

I had the the chesse enchiladas with rice and beans. It was good but my personal opinion is its a little too salty. Perhaps that was just today, perhaps my taste buds are off today, but it is certainly worth another try.

If you are in downtown Pittsburg I would suggest you give it a try as well. They are very busy and it is a very popular place.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Hometown Favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Having lived in Pittsburg all my life, I frequented this restaurant a lot. Now that I live in Arizona, I go there every time I am in town. The food is great and the staff is very attentive. Downtown Pittsburg has changed a lot for the good and looks beautiful!! I can't find chilequilas here in Arizona and I miss them so much!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Our standard for all Mexican restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We've been going to this restaurant for 40 years, and it is the standard by which we judge all Mexican restaurants. While there space has doubled in the last few years, and Pittsburg has cleaned the neighborhood up immensely, the friendly and attentive staff, the prompt service, and the great food is still wonderful.

Pittsburg, California, United States
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

One of the best places in the whole San Francisco/Bay Area to get the best Mexican food with the most reasonable price. Staff are very cordial and attentive to the customers' needs and wants and of course, there is no comparison with regards to their delicious meals.

A must place to visit when you are within 50 miles of Pittsburg, CA It is worth the drive to savor good food and enjoy the ambiance of the City of Pittsburg.