“Managment problems”

New Mecca Cafe
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburg, California
“Managment problems”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We been eating hre for 25 years. The Owner Bill Munoz is ill and new managment is in place. The New Patron has no idea what Customer service is. Arrived @ 5:30 pm, asked to be seated in the old section, only one table was occupied, I asked
for the big table in the rear as there were 5 of us and I have a hearing problem, Place get very noisey. The patron came out no can do reserved for a party of 10, table was dirty and no reserved sign, I told his BS. So we got a booth with a table pushed up to it in the walkway. Had dinner $70.00 plus, 1 1/2 hours later gee no party of 10. So I looked up Patron, oh they will arrive any minute. I said BS, you just lost a customer, he said ok see you next time. I said there will never be a next time. I had them cater a family get together in Dec for $300.00. Guess the Patron is living off from Bills Reputation. I hope Bill get wind of this and set Patron right and teaches him some CUSTOMER SERVICE..

• Visited March 2013

Auburn, California
“Fun historic place”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

The Mexican food is average. The place is cool. According to our friends the establishment is known nationwide / perhaps even worldwide. Bit is in the revitalized old Piitsburg area across from the harbor. Nice place to visit.

Mason, Ohio
“Best ever Mexican restaurant!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were regular patrons for the 20 yrs we lived nearby, and now reside in Ohio where authentic Mexican food is rare. When visiting family, we always plan a lunch or dinner at The Mecca. I'm happy to report the food is as awesome as ever, bean dip to die for, great crane asada, enchiladas, and my favorite, chile relleno like you've never had north of LA. Call ahead for a "big" table for parties of 6 or more. Love, love, love this place. Great to see the same familiar faces 10 yrs later...

• Visited December 2012
Bay Point, California
“Great value for 20 years”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ive been going here for more than 20 years. The food is a great value ; I love the chicken enchiladas. You get LOTS of chicken inside. Usually I can't finish it. They gladly give a doggie bag and offer you chips and salsa for you, too.

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the enchiladas they are very delicious!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Never had a problem at this restaurant. And they give a lot of food! The waitresses are all so very nice. And they give free been dip, salsa and tortilla chips after been seated.. They're doing a great job!