“Just Okay”
Review of La Pinata

La Pinata
Ranked #9 of 86 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of my favorite foods is Mexican. So my girlfriend and I decided on this one because the other place was closed. Well, I could tell it was a busy place by all the tables that had not been bussed. Well, it was just after the noon time crowd. Hostess seated us at one of the clean tables left. I had need to use the facilities and it wa very clean, just like the inside of the restaurant. The waitor took our drink order an brought some chips and a salsa. The chips were magnificent, quite delicious. We passed on the salsa! Drinks came, now they take the order, I asked if I could have somethig changed and I was told "yes" so, as we sat chit chatting, it wasn't too long before we were served. When the meal arrived and we started eating, I called the waiter and asked where was my substitution? He tated at the bottom. That was very interesting. I ate the meal, but the chips were the best! This was an experience, but, no a place I will go out of my way to make another trip. But, hey that is my thoughts, you have to chek it out for yourself, it might be more appealing to your taste buds then, mine!.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

The food here is excellent and they have a great variety of choices, service is also excellent and I've never been disappointed.

Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

La Piñata is a fun place to gather with friends but it lacking the authenticity of old school Mexican food. It's a few steps above Chevys in my opinion . It's good but not great. I had the Sopes and the corn meal cake was not fresh , it was hard and rubbery. Disappointed!!! I will stick to my local Mexican restaurant where I know they do it right .

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

We were delighted when we saw that they served breakfast, so this morning, actually almost noon, came for breakfast. Needed something nearer to us than Sylvia's which we like over in Antioch. Breakfast was ok, but not spectacular. Eggs, done medium, came out with hard yolks. Waffle was hard, and sausage links over cooked. My wife likes her toast hot, but even twice, could not get hot toast. So, back to the drawing board.

Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

We came for a late lunch, however the service was a bit slower than I would have liked. I ordered the steak fajitas and they were really tough and stringy. I won't do that again. However my husband ordered an appetizer of mini chimichangas and he loved them. So will come back for other choices. We also noticed that they are open for breakfast so we will probably try them for our morning meal.