“Ripped off for a horrible buffet” 1 of 5 bubbles

La Veranda Restorante Italiano
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburg, California
“Ripped off for a horrible buffet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I made reservations two weeks early for Easter Sunday, when family was coming from out of town. I told the woman that took my reservation that I had read the great reviews online, and saw what a wonderful menu they offered for both lunch and dinner, and was looking forward to a great dining experience. When we arrived, I was surprised to find that the menu was not being offered, but instead they had a luncheon buffet set up. I figured that with their great menu, this would be probably OK. Wrong. Here is what they offered for $25 per person: a mixed green salad with one choice of dressing (honey mustard herb), cold "antipasto" consisting of baked garlic, olives, crumbled cheese, and roasted peppers (no meats), sliced melons and pineapple, COLD slivers of garlic bread, and in the warmers, scrambled eggs, sausage, steamed mixed vegetables (zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower), cut up roasted potatoes, steamed tilapia, overcooked thin slices of tri tip roast swimming in mushroom gravy, steamed chicken breasts in tomato sauce (laughingly described as "chicken parmigiana", but it had not been fried first, nor was there any cheese, and it certainly had not been baked!). No beverages (coffee, tea, etc) were offered with this plain, insipid tasting meal - those were an extra $2.00 each. A better cooking and more flavorful meal could have been had at the local IHop or Denny's! Obviously the food had been prepared the day before, then simply reheated as necessary for the warming trays. I was embarrassed to have brought my family here, expecting great Italian cuisine! Nowhere on their website was or is there any mention of any change of their menu for Sunday Brunch or for Easter. I was robbed!!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Tish F

Sequim, Washington
“Great great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

The customer service is great and the atmosphere is very beautiful and romantic. My husband brought me here after when he proposed. The food was amazing! Go here

“Fantastic food and incredible service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

I would revisit this Italian restaurant again. I had the fish special and it was fantastic. The special dip for your bread was absolutely delicious. The level of service from the staff was attentive but not overbearing.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Antioch, CA
“This is one of our favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

We have been to this restaurant several times. The staff is amazing. Our waiter is friendly and professional and makes you feel at home. The owner/manager is very helpful and suggested a nice wine to go with our dinner. They have a rabbit dish on the menu that my husband asked if he could try a piece-they were very accomodating. The next time in we both ordered it. We enjoy everything about this restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
Pittsburg, California
“Good Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Good pasta, classy restaurant, plenty of street parking.