“So glad this hotel has been built in this area”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pittsburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
point reyes, california
“So glad this hotel has been built in this area”
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Hubby and I go on two boat trips on the Delta each year through the Point Reyes National Seashore Field Association Classes. For the last ten years we have stayed in other hotels in the Antioch area because nothing else was available. I was never happy with the local lodgings because IMO they were run down and dirty. They may be cheaper than this Hampton, but for the extra thirty or so dollars this new hotel is so worth it. I was ecstatic to find this new Hampton Inn this year. I try to stay in Hamptons when I can because of their strict no smoking policy and their overall cleanliness and value. My experience is as follows:

I was actually sick on Saturday morning so my hubby went on the trip and I slept in the car. I called Hampton to see if I could have an early check in because I was sick and they kindly accommodated me. The hotel was easy to see from the freeway and a good spot to drive to as far as traffic, because it is right off the exit. I asked for a quiet room on the top floor and I was given that. The room was cool and clean and welcoming. The first thing I always do is open the window in a hotel just to get fresh air. The window was jammed shut, so I called reception and maintenance was up in two minutes flat. I got a kick out of the maintenance guy because he was so clean and impeccably dressed. I often feel uncomfortable letting a strange man in a room with me, but I felt fine with him, as he was all business and very polite. The window was opened quickly and he politely left. Here was my only problem; the windows only open about 4 inches. There is a good fan/heater system, but I like fresh air. It worked out okay because it was winter and the air was cool. The room is layed out smart. Two queen beds. The furniture fits and doesn't hog up the space in an odd manner like some hotels. The closet has a safe and it's door is a mirror. The bathroom is away from the bedroom area and is nicely appointed. The faucets, etc. are nice and easily turned and the shower had perfect spray. The room was very clean although I did notice a couple pieces of plastic on the floor, so they are not vacuuming perfectly, which will take it's toll in the long run, but for now it's nice. The elevators are a new design, fast and very quiet. The hotel doors and all side doors are operated by plastic cards and work perfectly.
I was dismayed to see that in order to connect to the internet in my room, I had to be tethered to their cable, which was not long enough to allow me to lean back on the bed and relax. It only stretched far enough to the end of the bed. What I discovered on my own (they had no instructions for this) is that after I logged in thru their Hampton system and the provided individual code, I could use my laptop without the cable. (a hint to remember.)
The breakfast was stocked with the following: fresh batter that you can pour yourself onto the griddle for fresh waffles with individual sized syrups and butter. Dried cereals, milk, coffee, juices, fresh bananas, apples and fresh fruit salad. Freshly made omelette and sausage (although I don't know if they are fresh or just prepackaged items heated up). Oatmeal you add hot water too. Breads and bagels. The food area was clean and watched over by an employee who obviously took pride in her job and was helpful and polite.
In fact, all the employees were helpful, courteous, friendly but not overly friendly and very much proud of their job and their hotel. Very pleasant experience.
Only thing I didn't like was the garbage can near the dining area that was catching water drips from a wayward A/C pipe or something. It looked like it was set that way for a while, so they need to realize people don't want to sit next to garbage cans while they are eating. It was a clean garbage can.
There is also a nice rectangular shaped pool and a gym here.
With my AAA rate, it was a nice experience and FOR ONCE, I didn't dread going to Antioch and I will look forward to next year's triip and will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fastidious_traveler
spatel405, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Thank you for taking time to write your review. We are also glad our hotel is here and we think it will be a great addition to the Pittsburg area. I'm very happy to hear that you had a great stay and we hope that you will stay with us again. If there is anything you think that we can improve on, please let us know. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
jaimal
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I experienced a great customer service while i was there ,they went out of their way to take care of my needs and did their best to help make my plans successful.I was organising a big event in the hotel and being a organiser i had so much to take care of but with the support of the hotel members i managed to make my event a success.An outstanding customer service was provied to me,rooms are equipped with all new technology devices and definately you wont miss your own bed.On top of everything ,the energy of the place was so warm and welcoming that even though i had an option to stay in a house closeby but i preffered to stay in the hotel.I highly highly recommend this place for your stay and then it will make you write a good review like i am doing.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jaimal
Thank you for your response and we appreciate all our our customers that take time out to leave us reviews. I'm very happy that you had a great stay and please let us know if there is anything additional we can do to make your stay more pleasant. Thank You
Fresno
Reviewed January 17, 2010

This hotel looked and smelled new. The lobby and rooms were clean and decorated very tastefully. We stayed because of an athletic event that took place in a nearby city. This hotel was conveniently located near the freeway and some major family restaurants (Red Lobster, Outback, Olive Garden), so it really served our purposes well. They also served a breakfast, which was a plus since we have small children. We would definitely stay here again. I gave the location fewer stars because even though it is certainly convenient, it's not in an attractive area. Keep in mind, however, Pittsburg is a small city.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank travelingfamily_10
spatel405, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this review, January 19, 2010
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your wonderful review. We know that you have many hotel to choose from to stay, so we thank you for choosing us. We hope that you will stay with us again.
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Pittsburg, CA, while attending a reunion in the area. I had made a reservation for an accessible room with a roll in shower several months ahead of our arrival. When we arrived, the hotel desk people were very nice and welcoming. We were immediately given our room, after my query to make sure it had a roll in shower. Upon being assured that it did, we went to check it out. It was accessible, it did not have a roll in shower. We went back to the desk, and were pleasantly, and efficiently, given another room. We went to that room and it, too, was accessible, but did not have a roll in shower! We dragged back to the desk, and the manager was there. Upon hearing of our problem, he sent someone to look at the next room, which was also not suitable. He very nicely allowed us the accessible suite that they had, to make up for our trouble, which did have a roll in shower, and gave us a gift basket. At no time was anyone frustrated (except us :), or out of sorts. The desk person and the manager were both very accommodating, and we appreciated their time and trouble. Our room seemed to be about twice the size of a regular room, had a sofa, a desk, a large bath, and a wet bar type set up with a microwave, refrigerator and sink. I think the regular rooms also had refrigerators and microwaves. Interestingly, though, two couples that were part of our group, and staying there at the same time, able bodied, both had rooms with roll in showers, and hadn't asked for them. The staff was going to have a bit of an inspection to find out exactly which rooms were what!
The housekeeping staff was wonderful, and the rooms were immaculate. The pool seemed to be unheated, but the hot tub was on and occupied for some of the time we were there. There was a small fitness center. I loved the automatic doors into the hotel, but they were locked in the evenings, and you had to use your room keycard to get in. I felt safe and welcome there. We had complimentary wireless internet, which we really appreciated. There was a complimentary breakfast each morning. The breakfast consisted of sausage patties, eggs, yogurt, cereal, bagels, toast, english muffins, assorted muffins, biscuits, and sweet rolls. The sweet rolls changed daily, and on Sunday, there were French Toast sticks. There was some fresh fruit and there was juice, milk, coffee, tea and cocoa. It was fine, fresh, and the breakfast room was clean and nice. There was a soda machine and ice machine available as well. The hotel was next to a gas station and convenience store and not far from a shopping center with restaurants.
I would stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DesrtDrmr
Phoenix
Reviewed October 14, 2009

The hotel is new and nicely appointed. Staff are very courteous and helpful making the experience very pleasant. I am on the road every week and the Hampton in Pittsburg is very comfortable which helps me focus on the business at hand.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
pittsburg
Reviewed October 8, 2009

friendly staff, clean hotel. very pleasant stay. The desk clerk kathryn was very nice and helpful, she always remembers my name when I come in.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I stayed here a while ago for a few nights for work. I'm from Atlanta and never been here before. The staff is very helpful and very comfortable and clean hotel. I like that they have manager's hour during Monday night football. Free FOOD and DRINKS! can't go wrong...I think its brand new too....highly recommended!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
spatel405, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this review, December 3, 2009
Thank you for your kind words! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything we can do, please feel free to contact us. We hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Best Western Plus Delta Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#2 of 8 in Concord

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg? Share your experiences!