“Great service and great food!”
Review of Gino's Pizza

Gino's Pizza
Ranked #20 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have been to the Gino's locations in both Pismo Beach and Buellton on numerous occasions. Our family loves their food. Great pizza, salad and spaghetti. It is self-serve ordering, but the food is brought out to you nice and hot. The staff also brings you plates and utensils. Very nice!

We always stop by anytime we go up north!

Reviewed October 19, 2011

My fiance and I went to Gino's Pizza last night and we both enjoyed it. The service was very friendly, and the price was reasonable. It was about $20 for a large, two topping pizza. It wasn't the best pizza we had ever had, but it was good.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

Typical cheap pizzeria with self serve ordering counter, utensils and drink machine with a few pinball and video games, unadorned tables.
When my son and I came mid-afternoon there were only 2 other middle aged customers. We ordered to go but said we eat part of it there.
My son started playing a pinball machine and left it in play when the food came, planning to return after he'd eaten unless a customer wanted the machine.
Instead, a worker, wearing an apron came from behind the counter to the machine, did not move from it when my son told him he had a game in play, and so my son acquiesced to his taking over the machine.
I brought up my to go container of oil and vinegar salad dressing having found there was too much oil (I'd ordered Italian). The worker offered to add vinegar saying they mixed it there themselves. Instead of just letting the worker handle it, the pinball playing worker came behind the counter to interject that I needed to shake the container. I said I had and that there was too much oil. He then wanted to know why the worker had given me a to go container, so this had to be explained. Then he moved to the counter and started handling my now opened salad dressing container. I told him that he should Not be handling my food items as he had been playing a pinball machine and had not washed his hands. His response: "You complain about everything."
Knowing that most workers would never respond to a customer this way, I asked, and the worker confirmed that he was the owner.
So...... an Owner who takes over a paying customer's pinball game.....and one who goes from handling the pinball machine handles to handling a customer's food items and then gets angry when the customer points it out.......Can't do much more to take away an appetite than that!
I wonder what the Dept. of Health would say?

4  Thank j s
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Just returned from ginos. Gotta say it was the worst pizza I've had as far back as I can remember. Trader Joes margherita is 100x better. If your criteria is hot- it was hot. Cheap, pretty cheap for a meal out (except TJ's is far superior value.) quick- yes. So if quick, cheap, hot & Awful (pies though) will satisfy go, otherwise go elsewhere.

1  Thank jeffdiver
Reviewed July 24, 2011

A quick summary: eat somewhere else. Anywhere else. An explanation: We walked in at about 8:50 pm or so after a long day in the car. We ordered, and it seemed like any other place. However, after we ordered we were informed that because they were closing at 9 (I checked afterwards and could not find this posted anywhere) they were only doing carry out orders and that we would have to take our food elsewhere to eat. A family after us was informed of this policy only after they had ordered, sat down, and gotten up, retrieved plates and began to set the table. In the end, I ate some of the worst pizza I've ever had (I picked it up, it flopped down because it was undercooked, and the toppings fell off) in a hotel room. Thankfully, I live nowhere near this restaurant and will never have to return.

1  Thank thomas377