“Going down hill...”

Add it.
Vallarta Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I've eaten here over the last 30 years and can honestly say that this has never been my favorite restaurant, but has never been disappointing...until now. I don't know if they gave up on a Wednesday night or the economy is affecting them, but between the one cook and one waitress the service was ok but the food was nothing to write home about.
The beans were very bland (and the lady in an another booth was complaining about this to the waitress) and the presentation was low end.
If nothing else, I usually go for the chicken fajita...this time it was very poor. The ingredients were served in the standard fajita pan, steaming and sizzling at the table but the chicken, onions, and peppers were dry and tasteless. I tried stirring them around, but no seasoning or sauce in the pan just made them stick and burn. I'm sorry to see this level of food showing up at a table in a restaurant, but it happened. Maybe they'll improve if the economy improves but for now I'll steer clear.

2  Thank CaAz-JT
There are newer reviews for Vallarta Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The food is always good and the servers on Saturdays (man) is fabulous, but the Sunday servers used to be terrible. We went this past Sunday and the service has greatly improved. Previous visits there were three waitresses and all that they did was talk amongst themselves (one waitress was very pregnant - she must be out on maternity leave), this past sunday, 7/24/11 there was only one waitress and it was crowded and she was very attentive. Food is always fabulous. The same lady cook was in the back - she has been there for many many years!

2  Thank CaboGal1995
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stopped in about mid-afternoon, without having any expectations one way or the other. I ordered the tamale, and without a doubt, it was the best tamale I have ever been served, on either side of any border. If there is such a thing as a "home made" meal found in a restaurant, this was it! I will most definitely return.

2  Thank drmarv036
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The food was good but the service was horrible!!! I wouldn't go back just b/c the service was so bad. Once we got our food the server never came to check on us or anything. I had to actually hand my glass to the server as they were walking by in order to get refills. Not great customer service. Also, I thought the prices were high - enchilada lunch was $14!

1  Thank KittyHawk29
Reviewed July 27, 2010

All the bad reviews are rubbish! The margaritas are made strong for a reason....to get you buzzed my friend! lol Food is amazing....that is why it is the restaruant of choice for all the employees who work at the outlets across the street! They must be doing something right. Try thier Chili Verde, Cheese enchiladas, and their Bean, Cheese, and Rice burritos! MMMMMMMMMMM! THE BEST! Their Guacamole Tacos and Salsa are amazing too! PS. Just because something isnt loaded with sodium, does NOT mean it has no flavor!