“Restaurant Closed!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Chele's closed and has been replaced by the Cool Cat Café. Cool Cat is better than Chele's, but is not yet great. In time it will probably improve.

3  Thank Futuremauian

Reviewed June 4, 2013

You would think that in a near-empty restaurant, the service would be somewhat quick. Not here. Not only was the waitress very slow to take our orders, but she was very rude as well. While we were ordering, she walked away to talk to some guy at the door. When we finally did put in our orders, it was a twenty five minute wait for two breadbowls, which were very bland and cold! Very convenient location and reasonable prices, but not worth it.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Chele's is a diner across the street from another restaurant called "Splash". Splash had a line out the door, so we opted for Chele's. We should've waited in line.

Our breakfast was standard diner fare, very bland. My Denver omelette came out as a bacon omelette, but I didn't want to send it back. My friend's food didn't arrive because someone made a mistake. 20 minutes later when his food did arrive (just as I was finishing my breakfast), the server said "I hope it's not cold". Nice. It wasn't cold, but apparently it was just as bland.

The only reason it gets two stars instead of one is because it is right across from the pier, so it is convenient. That's all.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We walked in and the person who seated us wasn't very nice it appeared he was in a bad mood. The clam chowder tasted like it came from a can. The prices were too expensive for the poor quality of food that we received. The man who I'm assuming was the owner just wasn't very friendly. The waitress tried her best to help us. I just don't think we will be back. We were all disappointed in the overal experience and especially the food.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Was in Pismo Beach on a Friday night, looking for a simple place close to the pier. There is nothing wrong with the food per se, but nothing right either. We ordered a Burger, Clam Chowder, and Potato Skins. The burger was clearly a pre-packaged pattie, like you would buy from the freezer section as Costco or Walmart. the Menu claimed the Clam Chowder was made their, but tasted bland, the equivalent of something you'd get out of a can. Even the potato skins were fairly flavorless. Prices a very reasonable though for a touristy area. I would only go here again if I need a quick bite and all the other places around had a long wait.