“Great Food!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you are looking for authentic mexican food, this is the place! You can order out or stay in. Their burritos are huge and excellent and their combinations plates are fantastic.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

BEST breakfast burritos EVER!!!!!
They are huge & if you do not share...they are great left-overs later!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

After reading the reviews we decided to finally try Tio Alberto's today. We were very unhappy with the whole restaurant. They have little staff (2), the service is slow and the food taste and quality did not appeal to any of us. The beans tasted like LARD! Something I never consume. The Fluatas tasted old and the rice had no flavor and was mushy.
I realize we all have our own idea of what is flavorful and excites our taste buds, but this restaurant was nothing like we expected.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

While there is not an abundance of Mexican food in Pismo Beach, this place is good enough to fill your stomach. While I expected more from this restaurant, it is the type where you order your food at the counter and then they bring it to you. While it is not a fancy restaurant, it could use some new furniture. The table with the leather chairs looked worn and one of them had a huge tear. I think if the owners invested some money to update the place it would be more appealing to tourists. The food was sufficient and the prices were average for the quality that you get. The kids chicken nuggets were the frozen type you get a Costco but hey I guess that's what you get for a Mexican restaurant. While the staff was friendly I would say the food is good for takeout.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I wanted to like this place so bad because I love mexican food. Also, most mexican shops do not have such an extensive menu for vegetarian items. I was really excited about my order. Also, they have a sticker saying "yelp likes them", so I knew this must be pretty decent to get that sticker for their business. I ordered a breakfast burrito vegetarian style which included eggs, potatoes, beans, cheese, bell peppers and onions. The girl who rang us up was really friendly and told me that was her favorite too. By this point I know this burrito is going to be amazing. My husband ordered a carne asada burrito. We took our order to go because we were driving home. I opened my burrito while already on the 101 freeway heading home to find a bean burrito. I was so shocked! Why would they do this to me? No bell peppers no egg. The burrito was all beans and a couple pieces of potatoes. My heart sank and I looked at my husbands burrito. His wasn't any better. No meat in it, It was all beans and lettuce. I ended up throwing out the burrito and he drowned his in hot sauce. We both were really disappointed.