“Claim chowder was great”

Hoagies Sandwiches & Grill
Ranked #17 of 110 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Hoagies is one block off the beach with a fun Jamaican vibe! We have 2 plasma TV's and great reggae mucic. We also welcome dogs on our patio.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Started to go to splash and saw line there. We had been there before and frankly did not find it worth the wait. We were surprised right down the street was hoagies. The claim chowder was just as good as anything else you can find in town. Like the rest of the places in Pismo, it's kinda of a hole in wall place but the food is good and value is great. Try one of their Bloody Mary specials! Would go back there again next time in Pismo.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The food was great! We had the garlic fries, fish tacos, and quesadilla. The are so busy finding a table is a bit of luck.

I just have a difficult time with a restaurant so close to the beach would use styrofoam for to go food. It would be great to see them care about the environment and use something that could be compostable! If there was more room then they would have less use for the styrofoam but since I saw at least half of the orders be to go, I was disappointed in the styrofoam.

on their website they say "At Hoagies we want to nourish your body and your soul." too bad it is at the cost of the environment. I hope they read this and are willing to change there the practices.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you are in Pismo do not forget the Pismo Wrap! Yummy. Went two times while we were in town. Tri tip,fries,bbq sauce,avocado on a spinach wrap with a local brew and raggae playing in the background a block from the ocean. Pretty nice.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Their food here is no doubt good, it's like a mixture of Mexican food and American food. I highly recommend getting their clam chowder, it's hands down one of the best clam chowders I have ever had in my whole life. Also, if you don't know what to order because there are too many choices, I would recommend choosing from their specialties. That's what my friends and I did and we ended up loving EVERYTHING we ordered.
Lastly, you should arrive at around 6pm ish for dinner if you don't want to wait in line. Even if you do have to wait in line, it moves pretty fast and you get served in a timely manner.
If you are at pismo beach this place is the place to go, but make sure you go hungry! Their portion is HUGE!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went here tonight and had fantastic food. Best hot wings ever and boneless too. Pismo wrap incredible. Nachos were a meal in themselves. Very friendly service and reasonable prices. Thoroughly recommended.