“Lots of Beef”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Encinitas, California
“Lots of Beef”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our cousins took us to this BBQ restaurant in Shell Beach while we were there visiting. We arrived about eight o'clock on a Thursday night and the dinner crowd was just clearing out. The server was friendly and funny. The menu had mostly beef items with one highly priced fish dish. I would have preferred a chicken option, more to my liking. Two of us had the Tri-tip and two had steaks. All were good. My tri tip was cooked to my liking, but a bit tough. Guess it's the cut of meat. My husband had the mac and cheese for a side dish - absolutely delicious. My coleslaw was tasty and not too sweet, just how I like it. Prices were moderate.

Visited June 2014

“Amazing!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This quaint little restaurant is perfect for anyone looking for a delicious dinner off the beaten path. Just north of busy pismo, Alex bbq offers a small, but beautiful place with a cozy atmosphere and excellent service. The plates were affordable, the portions were large, and everything tasted sooo goood! The food was fresh, and served up hot and fast! Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
southern california
“Poor service”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were seated and a large party come in after us and got seated. The server waited on them first. When she realized we were there 1st she was very much in a hurry with us. Not a "I'm sorry" just pretty much hurry, hurry

Visited May 2014
Clovis, California
“great liltte place to relax and have fun”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

great food friendly people and just love the place can't wait to go back there and I would take my grandkids there its a place were that the whole family can enjoy great food and great people and the prices are great also

• Visited June 2013
“make sure you're hungry, great food, huge portions”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Wow. Great place to eat but make sure you're hungry. The main courses and sides are huge and the local beer is very pleasant and cheap. I had beef ribs and they were enormous. The burgers come on fresh bread and are very nice too. Our waitress was friendly and attentive and ordered us cabs back to the hotel very quickly when we asked.

Visited April 2014