“Great Weekend Visit”

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
San Francisco, California
“Great Weekend Visit”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Beautiful Beach located just below the hotel. My son attended the Cal Poly Soccer Camp and we had a weekend on the beach. The temperature was perfect. The beach was clean, minus the kelp and a little smell near the caves. It was not too crowded when we were there. The hotel staff allowed us to park there while our room was getting ready for us. The breakfast was continental more or less. Boiled eggs, pastries, bagels, make your own waffles. The pool/spa was nice when the beach was dark. The room was clean but no air conditioning. There is a fan and you have to open your windows to get the beach breeze. A couple tiles in the bath room was cracked. Otherwise great stay.

Room Tip: Beach view rooms are nice but a bit more expensive. Can lounge in a chair in the area overlooking th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Djn067
CottageInnGM, General Manager at Cottage Inn by the Sea, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give a review of your stay at The Cottage Inn. Pismo Beach is the perfect stop for people who come for business or pleasure in San Luis Obispo, but also wish to spend some time at the beach. Thank you for letting us know about the tiles in the shower. Our team will have those replaced immediately. Please come and see us again soon.
Regards,
Jed Bickel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night passing through. Staff pleasant and helpful. Very nice room. Chintzy!!! Bathroom good. Lovely fire - although not needed in May but would be nice in Winter. Right overlooking the sea with access to beach. Lovely location. Small pool but pleasant enough. There was some small bottles of water on the table in room you could purchase for $1.25 I think. Very expensive as not the cheapest accommodation around!!! That was my only criticism an otherwise lovely hotel!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alison g
We appreciate the comments about your recent stay with us during your stop over. While we do offer bottles of water in the room for purchase, we also provide complimentary water, coffee, tea, apples, bananas, and cookies in our lobby which is open 24 hours per day.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My mom and I went to a wedding in Cambria but wanted to stay in Pismo (for the outlets!). Cottage Inn was one of the only hotels that had rooms available that weekend and neither of us had ever stayed there before. So glad I booked it! It's a cute little set up! Staff was friendly, room was clean, had your basic amenities. We loved the fireplace and ceiling fan - you don't see too many ceiling fans in hotel rooms but it made a world of difference. They didn't have any ocean view rooms left when I booked but I would definitely stay there again with the husband and book an ocean view room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
The outlets in Pismo Beach are another great reason to get away to our little beach town. The Ocean View rooms do fill up quickly so I encourage you to reserve in advance so that you will have the best selection.
Regards,
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We decided at the last minute to make a trip to Pismo from Fresno. We got online and found the Cottage Inn. They said we got the last two rooms, and they were ocean front. I thought the price was a little high but I'm not used to getting rooms here so it might be the going rate. Not sure. The rooms were very spacy, the windows opened from the top or bottom. It allowed the sea air to fill the room. It got a little chilly at night and we started the fireplace. It was perfect. I wish they left a little more coffee condiments in the room. Of course, it's great waking up to a cup on watching out onto the ocean. If I had any negative comments at all it would be there was a dirt film above the bathroom doorway, and I think I noticed one carpet stain on the floor. The question is would I stay here again for the price, and the answer is yes.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the ocean front, to me it was worth it. I would also ask for a second floor ro...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are so glad you choose our hotel for your weekend getaway. It’s the perfect spot to escape from the heat of the inland valley areas. I sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations. If you ever have concerns during your stay, please bring them to the attention of our 24 hour staff so we can resolve them immediately to your full satisfaction. Please visit us again sometime soon.
Kind Regards,
Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's a very romantic homely type setting. Get the higher #'ed rooms. We were in the 200's and you can hear the highway traffic. No a/c unit. But the fireplace is nice. Rooms are slightly smaller then we are used to. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast is great. Heated Pool is small but it was good enough. Fresh cookies at 4:) great shampoo. Very friendly staff. Good wifi.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Soccergive
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also glad you mentioned the cookies as they are always a warm welcome for our valued guests. Please come back soon.

Jed
Lancaster, California
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here... Lovely location with an amazing view of the ocean. The room was large and very clean (Queen Double) with a fireplace/heater and windows good temperature. Love the Philosophy Toiletries!! Extended Continental breakfast kept us very satisfied till our next meal... Afternoon fresh cookies... The location is very close to downtown pismo, shell beach and very quick driving distance to Avila Beach, Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo just to mention a few cities in the area. Bring a light jacket or sweater as it cools off significantly in the mornings and evenings. I paid in advance so I found that was a pretty good rate ... I am a shopper and I checked many sites for the best price and found the hotel website prepay best rate...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank KLQ15
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed our Philosophy line of personal products. Our other guests will also appreciate your traveling tip on bringing a light jacket. Thank you again for your recommendations.

North Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We loved this place! It was clean and tidy, the temp can be controlled by the fireplace and the windows that you can open. We listened to the ocean all night and loved the room. The only complaint I have is that, when leaving, I found someone else's sex toy in the table side drawer. I thought we'd get a little rebate, but none was offered.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica L
CottageInnGM, General Manager at Cottage Inn by the Sea, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Pismo Beach. We are very happy that you enjoyed the room, location, and cleanliness of the hotel. Regarding the item that was left behind in your room, I sincerely apologize. Please contact me directly so that I may address your concerns to your full satisfaction. .

805-773-4617