“Perfect !”
Review of Sandcastle Inn

Sandcastle Inn
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Perfect location directly at the beach. Nice Rooms and a perfect patio in the third floor. Also the patio in first floor with hot tub. Restaurants and shops in walking distance.
The staff is excellent and friendly.

Room Tip: Also the standard rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thanks so much for being our guest. I am very pleased that our location, rooms and outdoor patios suited your needs perfectly. My excellent staff and I look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This place is first class at a value price! You cannot beat the location! You can walk to the shopping , restaraunt areas! However, the highlight is the third floor patio! Lounge chairs, firepower gas heater! You can sit for hours and people watch as the hotel is on the boardwalk! I will stay longer next time! Did I mention, free cookies! Kids loved it!

• Stayed: April 2014
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our third floor patio. My staff and I are quite proud of it as well. Thanks so much for being our guest.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The location is perfect. It is the only hotel right on the beach. Travelled with a 5 year old who enjoyed the swings on the beach right by the hotel, and of course, playing in the water. The surrounding area is wonderful with many shops and restaurants in walking distance. Although we had a room with no view of the beach, there is a patio on the third floor that all guests can use with amazing views and comfortable outdoor furniture. The staff was outstanding. The included breakfast was great. And the afternoon fresh cookies were amazing! I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rochelle H
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

My outstanding staff and I truly appreciate having you as our guest. We are very happy that you fully enjoyed your stay with us, including our third floor observation deck, breakfast and afternoon cookies. We can't wait for your return.
Cheers,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed on the 3rd floor family suite they told me there was no view but you can see the ocean a little from the balcony The room was large we had teenage boys with us and we all fit comfortably the balcony was big too. Every night they went downstairs to get cookies. This hotel is close to everything. it is worth the price to be that close to everything. I need to mention the beds are comfortable I have a sleep number at home and I slept better at the Sandcastle Inn

Room Tip: The 1st and 3rd floor has a sitting area for the best ocean views for a big family the family suite...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

I am so happy that you and your family found that our hotel suited you to a tee, from our location to the comfort of your large suite with attached balcony. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were very pleased with this hotel. There seemed to be many good options, but this is the only one that had direct beach access - no cliff, nor stairs down to the beach. This hotel is is right on the beach. It is near the pier and bustling activity. The desk staff were very professional at check-in and check-out. We did however see the gal who checked us in sitting on the floor in the guest hallway with her boyfriend - not real professional. The room was very clean and even had the extra touches of a Keurig machine, robes and upgraded shampoos. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was very good. We enjoyed the hot tub. The roof top patio had heaters, a fireplace and was beautiful. They have bikes and surreys for rent. They also have complimentary use of binoculars that you can check out from the front desk. This is a hotel that I would want to come back to.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

And we would definately love to have you back as our guest as well. My staff and I are elated that enjoyed everything about your stay with us, especially our extra touches throughout the hotel. We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Just returned from our second extended weekend stay in three months. We enjoyed more breathtaking views from our Ocean Front King and private balcony to include the beach, pier, scores of talented surfers, and the rocky coastline beyond for very reasonable nightly rates. No hidden fees or price-gouging here where location, location, location makes it worth every penny --- and even their partial ocean view units deserve a lot of praise. Every day gave us a spotless room and we slept in a very comfortable bed, all to the steady sound of the crashing surf. The hotel is well maintained and certainly well managed, while the staff was attentive and eager to please, especially at the front desk where one can always find crunchy sweet apples, etc. during the day and fresh baked cookies in the evening. Breakfast choices are plentiful and of good quality. If you don’t wish to partake, many delicious eateries await within a few short walk-able blocks. Want to relax outside of the room? Try the large open patio located at the top of the hotel that overlooks the beach and pier. Perfect for sunset wine and cheese. In-room amenities include full-length mirrors, Keurig coffee service and real patio furniture. And, incidentally, you will find that good customer service is also the #1 priority for area businesses as well. So what are you waiting for…

Room Tip: Most Ocean Front Kings are on the top (3rd) floor, while many Queens are reportedly on the first and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I am very pleased that you fully enjoyed your extended weekend with us, and that you enjoyed local wine and cheese while relaxing on our rooftop observation deck. My staff and I can't wait for you to join us again. Thanks so much for being our guest.

Cheers,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Really a great hotel. On the beach, fresh rooms and a staff that sets it apart.
I used to live in SLO and never used the hotels at Pismo. In the years since I moved, I discovered the Sandcastle Inn and always stay there when in the area. It has even become a destination for long weekend trips to the beach. Their staff is always pleasant and the rooms, while not large, are always comfortable and clean. Their included breakfast is popular and sometimes too busy; though, you can always take a tray back to your room and have a quiet breakfast watching the surf.
The surrounding area has a kind of laid-back beach feel.

Room Tip: "Beach Front" room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thanks so much for your honest review of our great hotel. I'm pleased that you found our beach front location and fresh rooms to your liking, and that our staff is what sets us apart. I happen to agree; they are the best. We look forward to having you with us again soon.