“Excellent location right on the beach and close to town.”
Review of Sandcastle Inn

Sandcastle Inn
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Sandcastle Inn is perfectly located on the beach. We loved stepping right outside to sit on the beach or to walk to the pier and town. We stayed in a queen double room on the ground floor. The view was very good, but I wasn’t comfortable leaving the slider open at night, so it did get a bit stuffy in the room. The first floor patio is the perfect place to have breakfast. The third floor deck was great for happy hour – and watching the sunset.
We discovered a few excellent restaurants nearby… Zorro’s in Shell Beach and Gina’s Italian in Arroyo Grande.
We will be back!

Room Tip: Be aware that some rooms(less expensive) are in a separate building adjacent to the main building. T...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

My staff and I appreciate having you as our guest. We are so happy that you enjoyed breakast in the morning and our beautiful Pismo Beach sunsets in the evening from our uniquely situated patio decks. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is the perfect place to be able to sit back, relax and enjoy the beauty of the ocean. We had an ocean front room and spent our mornings and afternoons on the patio overlooking the beach. The breakfasts were great and served in a very nice room with lots of windows. A special treat was the afternoon cookies. The only drawback is the lack of air conditioning. Our room got a little warm (even though it was December), but there was a fan available in the closet. All in all, we had a great time and will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thanks so much for being our guest and for letting us be your perfect relaxation spot in Pismo Beach. We are glad that you enjoyed your special afternoon cookie treats as well and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Sincereky,

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Sandcastle Inn in Pismo Beach over thanksgiving week. When we arrived the air was very cool and crisp. You could hear the waves crashing and I was already feeling so relaxed.

We check in and they had a special going on so we got to pick from a small list of wines. They gave us two wine glasses, wine bottle and a little box of candy. It was just such a nice treat to receive. So we go to our room and I was happy to see how nice it was. Then I walked. over to the glass sliding door and opened it and looking over the ocean and people on the beach was so great. It was great to just hear the waves as I was sitting on the balcony with my iPad.

We had a great time over the 3 days we spent there. For November the days were warm it was in the 70's and we were able to walk along the beach and around town. There were so many sea shells and sand dollars along the beach. It was beautiful. The nights were colder and windy but so wonderful.

They had a nice farmers market along the sidewalk towards the beach. I bought the best and freshest carrots there along with lettuce and strawberries. There was salsa and chips and different jellies too. We bought many things even jewelry too.

I know my family enjoyed the time we spent there as much as I did. We were relaxed and enjoyed our stay and can't wait to go back next thanksgiving.

• Stayed: November 2013

I am happy that you were able to fully relax and enjoy your stay with us. It's so great to see folks on vacation take advantage of all that our hotel and Pismo Beach has to offer. We truly appreciate having you as our guest.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Nestled in a residential area of Pismo Beach is the Sandcastle Inn, where you will find everything you need. From gorgeous sunset oceanfront views from your balcony to full American Breakfast each morning. The jacuzzi has a beautiful view of the ocean as does the fireplace lounge area on the 3rd floor. Each room comes with a mini fridge so you can bring your own snacks since there is no restaurant on the property. This is, by far, my new favorite hideaway.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank JulieC255
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

We appreciate having you as our guest. We are so glad that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and do look forward to having you as our guest again at your new favorite hideaway.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had a non-ocean view room. I was surprised by the large size of the room. The room was clean, the breakfast was pretty good, the internet worked quite well. The elevator was slow and I had trouble with the key cards not working all the time. This was a bit of a problem because I had to wait for the elevator to go get a new card from the front desk or walk to the end of the corridor and down an outside stairwell, but other than that I have no complaints. It was nice to be able to walk right from the hotel along the boardwalk and then out to the pier.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the size and cleanliness of your room, and the proximity to the boardwalk and pier. We do look forwward to your return visit again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I went to Pismo Beach for a mid week getaway. I had reservations at the Sandcastle Inn in a 2nd story beachside room. We have always wanted to stay there and it was all we had expected. The view is spectacular !!! The hotel is right next to the beach and is only steps to the sand. Nice room with comfy beds, flat screen TV, mini fridge, and a large bathroom with granite counter top. Tile tub/shower, lots of towels and robes hanging in the closet ! Very clean room with a balcony overlooking the beach and Pacific Ocean. Breakfast was well stocked and the staff helpful and friendly. If your looking for the beach front experiance, the Sandcastle is the place.

Room Tip: Lots of places to eat a short walk away. Try Hoagies Sandwiches and Grill. 1 block away. Excellent...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan C
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

As a first time guest with us, my staff and I are very pleased that you fully enjoyed everything about our hotel. We are honored to have been your hosts and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was impressed with the cleanliness of this facility, everywhere I turned there was someone cleaning! Breakfast was amazing, rooms were inviting and comfortable. The location, view, staff and service were more than what we had expected. I would recommend staying every visit!

Room Tip: second floor partial view is still an amazing view, would recommend if trying to stay on a budget.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We are so thankful to have had you are our guest and are so very happy that you fully enjoyed your stay. We too look forward to your return visit. Thanks again.