“Mid week getaway”
Review of Sandcastle Inn

Sandcastle Inn
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I went to Pismo Beach for a mid week getaway. I had reservations at the Sandcastle Inn in a 2nd story beachside room. We have always wanted to stay there and it was all we had expected. The view is spectacular !!! The hotel is right next to the beach and is only steps to the sand. Nice room with comfy beds, flat screen TV, mini fridge, and a large bathroom with granite counter top. Tile tub/shower, lots of towels and robes hanging in the closet ! Very clean room with a balcony overlooking the beach and Pacific Ocean. Breakfast was well stocked and the staff helpful and friendly. If your looking for the beach front experiance, the Sandcastle is the place.

Room Tip: Lots of places to eat a short walk away. Try Hoagies Sandwiches and Grill. 1 block away. Excellent...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan C
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

As a first time guest with us, my staff and I are very pleased that you fully enjoyed everything about our hotel. We are honored to have been your hosts and look forward to your return visit.
Thanks again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was impressed with the cleanliness of this facility, everywhere I turned there was someone cleaning! Breakfast was amazing, rooms were inviting and comfortable. The location, view, staff and service were more than what we had expected. I would recommend staying every visit!

Room Tip: second floor partial view is still an amazing view, would recommend if trying to stay on a budget.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We are so thankful to have had you are our guest and are so very happy that you fully enjoyed your stay. We too look forward to your return visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was staying a couple of doors down from Sandcastle Inn when I went online just to check prices. I saw that it was a little higher than the hotel I was staying at, so I decided to walk over and ask them if they would give me the room with the view (oceanfront) for the same price. It does pay to ask----they said yes and didn't even blink! The staff was so friendly, the rooms clean, and the continental breakfast very good!

Room Tip: Go for the oceanfront--it is well worth it! Isn't that why you booked on the water???
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad that our rooms and continental breakfast exceeded your standards and that you enjoyed our friendly staff. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.Thanks again.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night and wish we had stayed for longer! Rooms are not large but perfectly adequate. We had 2 queen beds on the ground floor facing the beach. What a marvellous view! I'm glad we paid a little more to have a room with a view, partial view rooms have a very good view too. The bathroom is also small but perfectly functional. There is no air conditioning in the room, which could make a stay in summer more unpleasant. Because we were on the ground floor I didn't feel comfortable leaving the sliding door open to catch the breeze all night - a room on the 2nd or 3rd floors would be better in this regard. Towels for the beach are available. Breakfast is complimentary and there is a good selection of breads, muffins, cereals etc. The staff were friendly and provided a good recommendation for dinner.

Room Tip: It's worth paying for a room with a view, whether a partial view or a room facing the beach. Get...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to your satisfaction and we do look forward to having you with us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our stay at the sandcastle Inn was great. Our room was perfect and great location. We could hear the ocean and just steps away from the beach. We will be returning back. The weather was great and also plenty of restaurants to choose from. We ate at Mo's they had really good sandwiches and that night we ate fish and chips right down the street from the hotel. Then the next day we had breakfast at the hotel contenial breakfast then for lunch we ate at Brads restaurant and we had the blue cheese burger and it was great.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I am very happy that you fully enjoyed your stay, especially our Ocean Front rooms. My staff and I look forward to your return visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Was just impressed from check in to departure . The room was very clean and the staff was great.
The breakfast was good and chose to eat it on the patio. I had never stayed here but will definately
Be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff W
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

My staff and I appreciate you being our guest. We are very glad that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and do look forward to your return visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent the weekend at the Sandcastle Inn while attending the Pismo Beach Clam Festival. The hotel is very attractive and the location is fantastic, right on the beach, near the pier. Our room on the second floor had a nice balcony overlooking the beach- a great place for a glass of wine watching the sunset. The staff was very helpful, giving us tips on restaurants and nearby wine tasting.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

I am so glad that you could join us over Clam Festival weekend. Thanks for your kind review and I am very happy that you had the opportunity to relax and enjoy our thrid floor balcony overlooking the ocean. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again.