“Great for a night”

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
pinner england
“Great for a night”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is great for a night. Room was clean but very dark (not unusual I know!) we had a sea view which is great. Very overpriced for what it was. Restuarant was friendly and food was ok! Stay for a night if you like but why not stay somewhere else cheaper and put money into a great steak meal or something else..better value

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lionel P
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Spyglass Inn. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms. I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally and discuss your recent stay with us. Please feel free to reach me at 805-773-4855

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Instead of fighting for a mediocre room during WOW (Week of Welcome) for Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, we decided to retreat to Pismo Beach so we could wake up to the beach. We booked a month in advance but when we woke up we regretted not having insisted on a room facing the ocean. The weather was clear and the walk along the beach glorious. The hotel was a good value although not very inspired in accommodations. The room was dark and the mattresses were not very comfortable. The pancakes were very doughy in the hotel restaurant - but the ambiance of sitting outdoors for that view rates the full experience 4 stars.

Room Tip: Face the beach, not the parking lot.
1 Thank Scott M
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 23, 2013

rooms are outdated. Toilet in our room ran all night, popcorn ceiling had dirt all around the ceiling fan in my nieces room. Our room needed paint in various areas on the walls, where the paint or wallpaper was coming off. The bed was so-so.. overall I do not think it was anything to brag about and I've stayed at much much better quality hotels for 1/2 the cost and on the ocean as well. Restaurant is good though, but not really affiliated with hotel, different owners. Air conditioning in the rooms would be a suggestion, just because your on the ocean doesn't mean its going to be cool in your room. They say the hotel was recently renovated, but I don't see that.

JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. We strive to provide our guests with the best hospitality experience of any hotel in Pismo Beach. Please contact me directly so that I may address your concerns to your full satisfaction.
Granada Hills, California, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I have been to Spyglass Inn several times. The last few years they did some upgrading of the grounds and ocean view terraces. This visit it looked much better. We stopped by this time for only one night because it wasn't a planned vacation. We had to make a stressful trip to Northern California and wanted to unwind afterwards. So we stopped for just a night, to take in the beautiful view and have a nice dinner at the Spyglass Restaurant. There is another hotel in Pismo we also like but Spyglass Inn is less expensive and just as relaxing. Of course, we always book an ocean view room. It costs a little more, but the view is the reason to be there, isn't it?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I did a stopover at Pismo Beach for one night. The room we had was on the 1st floor with no ocean view but facing the car park. The room was large and it has a reasonable size LCD TV, fridge, bath robes and comfortable nice beds. They have a restaurant too. It comes with free WiFi. Since our last visit, the price has gone up. The property has a really nice ocean edge cliff walk with a path down to the sand at one end. Pismo is a lovely town.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park and main road can be very noisy.
CA
Reviewed September 7, 2013

very good value, especially if at a discount, great views from 2nd floor 200 series ocean front rooms, balcony with comfy chair's, quiet w exception of who may sit outside and chat loudly or squeals of children.

Clean rooms, plenty of space and sitting areas. Refrigerator is a plus. Excellent free WiFi and free parking.

Easy access to 101 & Shell rd
Only minuses are lack of microwave and it is too far to walk to downtown Pismo.

Recommend a visit to Dinosaur caves park while you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. At the Spyglass Inn we enjoy having pets stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming all guests and their traveling companions.
Fresno, California, USA
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My dog and I were in the area for an Odor Recognition Test in Arroyo Grande. Many other hotels in the area have weight limits to the size of dog they allow to stay. My dog is 100 pounds or so. We had a very nice stay of two night. Originally I had booked only one night but was too pooped to drive back home so asked if there was a vacancy for one more night. The front desk gave us the same room, ocean view with patio, for the second night. The room was clean and well maintained. The patio had two chairs and a table. The short wall was low enough to see over unless you were to sit on the ground. The front desk helped me find a vet as my dog had gotten car sick. I needed his pills for his stomach which I had forgotten at home. They also pointed me in the direction of the Old West Cinnamon Shoppe for a quick breakfast. When I am back in the area of the Spyglass Inn I will stay there. You can not beat the price.
Plus their restaurant allows dogs on the deck and has great food too.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 116. Great views and close to the restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo