“Stay here and enjoy”
Review of Spyglass Inn

Spyglass Inn
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed in the ocean side section on the 2nd floor. Views are spectacular. Room is nicely furnished and spacious even with king bed. Great value here. Highly recommend. We enjoyed breakfast each morning at the attached restaurant, even received discount for staying at the Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank dale17589

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Get a view room, worth it. Great gardens. Awesome area. Spyglass restaurant definitely worth the time-- get the fried fish. Staff at Spyglass is very picky, they keep the place NICE. I loved my week there. Will return!

Room Tip: spring for the view room. Facing the ocean is so nice!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here twice, one the way to and from San Diego from San Francisco.

I had a Partial View King (301) and a Queen/Queen Ocean Front which was $10 more. I would definitely recommend opting for the Ocean Front Room. While both rooms were nice, the Partial View room was quite near the freeway and I had a lot of traffic noise when I opened the balconey door (although it was fine with the door closed.)

The Ocean Front room was very nice, balconey with nice chairs, overlooking the lawn and ocean.

Free WiFi -- always a plus.

Checkin was courtous and quick.

I'm sure the prices go up substantially in summer but in February the rates were around $100.

The location of this property is on the north end of Pismo so unless you're dining at their restaurant you'll need to drive. If you stay there, they offer breakfast for $5 although I didn't eat there.

Room Tip: The property is close to the freeway so opt for an Ocean Front room to be away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank WhiteDahlia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I'm a local here and stay here about once a year or so. The view is spectacular, there's a good restaurant/bar onsite (lobster/shrimp tacos are great), and the rooms are comfortable and have everything you need.

Room Tip: I usually pick an upstairs ocean view room with a balcony -- rooms farther to the north are farther...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jannio7
Reviewed January 31, 2013

this place is far from what they advertised, they advertised as the rooms being renovated, not true, unless they did it with the help of a thrift store, the comforters is out dated, looks like something from the 80's, the pillow shams were ripped at the zipper, yet they still put them on the bed, the chair was dirty and stained, and coushion was ripped, the walls are a deli mustard yellow, something from the 80's,

The staff never smile , and they don't as for id for duplicate keys, pretty scary they can give out keys to any one who ask, and you can be wiped clean!! Even motel 6 ask for id!!

they have no direct beach acess, you have to walk like 4 hotels down, to get to the beach,

They have bottled water avaiable in the room for a charge, you think when you splurge on a ocean view rooms they would offer them for free to their guests!!

house keeping needs to pay attention to details, my glass closet door was dirty, as well with my sliding glass door,

the room has poor lighting, they need a lamp near the chair so you can curl up next to the fire place, and enjoy a good book!!

the spa was really nice and hot, but only half the jets worked, they advertised a heated pool,, not sure about that still felt cold to me!

the hotel really need to renovate their rooms before they loose more customer, i happen to over my up stairs neighbors looking for a new hotel because they were also disapointed in the decor

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ACER_PICKLES
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Spyglass Inn. We apologize that your stay was an unpleasant one. I do assure you that we are looking into your comments to make sure that we do our best for every guest in the future. We pride ourselves on our great customer service scores and always do our best to provide a quality product. We hope to be your hospitality provider in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed here many times, year after year and never been disappointed. The rooms are clean, the beds are exceptional for a truly restful night and the staff is always helpful and friendly.
The location is very con venient if you are visiting the college (Cal Poly), going wine tasting (there are over 300 wineries in the area) , attending meetings, or just planning a get-away, this is the place. They have an excellent restaurant on the premises for your convenience.

Room Tip: If you love the ocean, choose an ocean view room!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SNICKERS098
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had many choices of properties to choose from for my special weekend getaway for my sweetheart and myself. I live 2600 miles away and could only rely on the websites and phone conversations with the hotels when I was trying to choose one. The staff at the Spyglass Inn were very helpful, friendly and went out of their way to insure all my questions and concerns were answered. From the moment we arrived to the time we checked-out everything was better than I expected. Beautiful property, great staff and great rates! We drove around and looked at the other hotels I was considering and by far the Spyglass was the best choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple