“The best hotel location in Pismo!”

SeaVenture Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you want to stay at a hotel where you can roll out of bed and walk right onto Pismo's unpretentious and relaxed beach, SeaVenture is the place to go! The location, staff, and cuisine pair perfectly with the culture of Pismo Beach. If staying in Pismo, this is THE only place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessika1018
There are newer reviews for SeaVenture Beach Hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Day 2 of our anniversary weekend took us to the SeaVenture. I was a little worried because online pics usually over exaggerate but the pics on Groupon captured it perfectly. With emphasis on a casual romantic beach vibe we could not have picked a better place with the beach right outside the front door and at the heart of all Pismo beach has to offer it could not have been a better location! Everything else fell slightly short of perfect but was still a high 3 stars. The fireplace was nice but with the room being a little small it heated things up a little too much. Jacuzzi wasn't fabulous but was still a great addition. Bed was great! Nice bathrooms. No AC!!!! Kinda sucked but we had a ceiling fan and the weather was nice enough to keep the balcony door cracked so I was able to deal. Breakfast in bed was very nice. All in all, by no means a four star resort but a great little romantic find, and yes, I would stay again. Thank you SeaVenture!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am writing this review on day 6 of our vacation here at SeaVenture. As I write, I am sitting on the balcony of our Full Ocean View Room, watching the sun set over the Pacific. This trip has been an amazing experience. You couldn't ask for more comfortable service. The staff here are very attentive, but in a laid-back, unpretentious way. There is no stuffiness here. From check-in to the spa day; from the breakfast basket every morning to dinner in the hotel restaurant this place has been fabulous!

The Room: OK, so as other reviewers have noted, the rooms are a bit dark. There isn't much light and that coupled with the dark green carpet and walls makes it slightly cave-like. HOWEVER, it has been clean, well-maintained, and the bed is super comfortable. The furniture is white, which brightens up the place a bit. There is a fridge, coffeemaker and sink in one corner, a lovely table and chairs, and a nice sized flat-panel TV. The bathroom has a marble floor and shower and granite countertops. The water pressure in the shower is perfect, though the water here is quite a bit softer than I'm used to.

The Restaurant: FAB. We met several locals on their way up to the restaurant because the food is just that good and you can't beat the view. We ate there 4 times during our stay. Look for my full review on the restaurant's page.

Spa Services: My mother got her first massage here at the resort (actually, she got a full spa package) and loved every minute of her 3 hour treatment. Larry was perfect! She went on and on about how comfortable she felt the whole time - which was particularly nice, since she went into the whole experience feeling a bit apprehensive. PLUS I've never seen her so relaxed as she was afterward.

The Noise: Maybe it was the time of year, we were here for spring break, but this has been SO peaceful and quiet. We left the sliding door open every night and were not awakened by any noise from the beach except for the sound of the surf.

The Private Jacuzzi: perfect. I was a little unsure how "private" it would feel since we had an ocean front room, but it really was because of the balcony wall. It was a lovely size for 2 people so long as you are comfortable with the person you're sharing it with.

The View: I wouldn't stay here without an ocean view room - it's just that good. You are literally 3 steps from the beach and 3 blocks from the pier. It makes for beautiful pictures from the balcony.

Overall: I think we'll bring a few lamps next time we stay, but there will definitely be a next time. My mother says this must be a new annual vacation for us and I couldn't agree more.

One item of note: While this is a non-smoking resort, they DO allow smoking on the balconies. As a smoker myself this was a very positive thing, but for my non-smoking mother it was one of the few things she didn't like because if you are on your balcony while your neighbor is smoking and the wind is blowing just right...you get to breathe in their second-hand smoke.

Room Tip: Ocean view room or bust!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LadyNimrodelle
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of the SeaVenture. I absolutely loved reading all your comments, and the review is even that much more special since you were writing it from your ocean view room on-site. There really isn't anything quite like our Pismo Beach sunsets caught from the ocean view rooms and restaurant!
Your review touched on so many great amenities of our hotel; it sounds like you had a full service experience here. Larry, in Massage, has been working here for a long time, and guests come back time and time again requesting him as their massage therapist. We are very lucky to have him. And you are correct, we have a great local following in our restaurant. With employees that have been here for many years our guests enjoy seeing the same faces each time they dine with us.
As for the lighting in the room, no need to bring a lamp with you next time. Just request an extra one with a reservationist next time you are reserving a room; we'll be happy to provide you with one.
Thank you once again for your review. It has been shared with all the staff and management. We truly look forward to your next visit at SeaVenture!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

What a great place to stay in Pismo beach. We stayed in an ocean view room with a jacuzzi on our balcony, just wonderful. The room is small but nice and the beds are great and you don't really spend time in the rooms when there's so much to do in town and at the beach. They have free bike rentals so you can make your way around town without having to drive. And if you get there this month you can see the Monarch butterfly's which is an amazing thing to see. They have a great ocean view dinning experience on the 3rd floor with 4 star food but there are many places in town that are just great. Look for deals on line but you can stay in a spa room for about $150 if you shop it and it's well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yukedaddy
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is an awesome place to stay! We had the best time here. It's the perfect location, the bed is so comfortable and the hot tub on the balcony is the best! Our 4 year old had a blast!!! Can't wait to come back! Meghan the rooms manager meet all of our needs-she was great!

Kristine

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Krisric75
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hi Kristine,
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and all your needs were met. I can't wait to welcome you back to the SeaVenture!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Pismo Beach is a little bit bucket-and-spade (UK readers will know what I'm talking about) so if you have to stop off in the rough-and-ready seaside town, the SeaVenture is probably the place to stay.

I wouldn't bank on getting one of the fabled balcony hot-tubs, though. Our room was nice, with a lovely fireplace in the corner and a huge bed, but our view was of the car park, and the only result I'd get for stripping off and stepping out the window would be a night in the cells. Or, more accurately, the hospital, as there wasn't even a balcony. So it probably pays to check in advance if the presence or otherwise of a hot-tub is going to be the clincher as to whether you stay here or not.

Otherwise, the SeaVenture was fine. The hotel is literally right on the beach and the room itself was clean and tidy with a nice bathroom. There was no safe in the room though, and the fridge had a lock and key, which was a little odd, only serving the purpose of giving me something else to lose or forget (which I did, costing me about 30 bucks in a fine).

The staff at reception were pleasant and helpful, although the service in the restaurant was a little more rudimentary. While the food was adequate, the junior members of the team could stand a little training in customer service - instead of showing my partner to our table as I requested, one waitress just vaguely waved her in the direction, leading to an unfortunate incident involving a collision with a waiter, broken glass, a booze-soaked dress and a simmering temper.

As others have noted, Pismo Beach isn't the warmest place in California, but it's quite a cute town and probably worth an afternoon stop. You probably don't need more than a day and the nightlife looks non-existant, but if you're staying more than a few hours, you'll do worse than pitching up at the SeaVenture.

Room Tip: Ask if you're getting a room with a hot-tub. And don't forget your key for the fridge before...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank boygav

Thank you for your thorough review. I'm sorry to read you didn't get the opportunity to stay in one of our spa rooms; 43 of our 51 rooms have private balcony's with personal tubs. Depending on what time of year you stay and our general availability, we are usually happy to upgrade to a spa room for a nominal fee.
It seems as though you were still able to take advantage of our beachfront location, and even dine in our restaurant. I'm sorry the service in the restaurant fell short of your expectations; I can certainly understand why the hostess's failure to show your partner to the table and the spilled beverage would lead to some frustrations. I hope that the food quality and setting made up for the unfortunate start to your dining experience.
I look forward to an opportunity to host a future stay, should you ever be in the Pismo Beach area again!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Originally, we were sent a Groupon email for SeaCrest hotel in Pismo Beach, but the reviews for this place looked a little low. I wanted a place with ocean view, and SeaVenture seemed like the perfect solution, including a hot tub on the balcony with ocean view! Wow!

We checked in right at 4pm, and the room ready... no wait necessary. When I booked via phone (no discount), I decided on their North corner room which was their most expensive. It had a separate "room" for the kids to sleep, which was actually perfect as they're two small kids. The room was clean and had all the goodies that you'd expect from a hotel room. For the price (over $300/night), I was a little disappointed that there was only 1 bathroom and that the room was quite small. With two young kids running around, it really felt small. The hot tub was small and quite shallow. Overall, I can't say we were hugely disappointed, but for the price we paid, we could have gotten a palace in Vegas.

The biggest disappointment was the hot tub. It was really dirty, with an oily scum floating on the top. Nasty. We only sat in the tub for about 5 minutes, then all got out and took showers. The housekeeping must have noticed that as well, as they cleaned the tub after our first night.

Upon checkout, the front desk staff never asked us how our stay was, or I would have volunteered this information. By not asking, I have to assume they knew how dirty the tub was and didn't want to hear our complaints.

Room Tip: Unless you get a discount, i wouldn't pay the rack rate at this place. While the location was g...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family