“A different experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Toronto, Canada
“A different experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Pismo Beach reminds me of a Myrtle Beach on the Atlantic side of the country. Pismo is not the warmest place I have been (including Myrtle Beach for 9 months of the year). A little more blue collar (than the San Diego to LA corridor) but in a good unpretentious kind of way.

This hotel is the best in this setting. The cold nights are offset by a warm fireplace in the room. Ocean front rooms have a soft tub on the deck. Well worth the extra price for a romantic getaway.

The hotel restaurant is amazing for the price. A $25 dinner (main course per person) here is as good as a $75- $100 meal in LA or SF.

Don't expect magazine photo quality rooms but very clean and updated. I actually enjoyed this hotel as much as the Coronado in SD and more than the Surf and Sand in Laguna.

I look forward to returning some day soon. A nice stop along a LA to SF trip driving along PCH.

Room Tip: Would only stay in oceanfront room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Beachesarethebest
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the SeaVenture. I enjoyed reading your description of Pismo Beach and your hotel comparisons! I'm glad you were able to enjoy not only a hot tub room (43 of our 51 rooms have them) but also an ocean view room and our restaurant; three of our finest features. The Chef loved your compliments of the food quality!
We look forward to hosting your stay the next time you're traveling the coast between Los Angeles and San Francisco!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Korean first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is quite a basic hotel but it rises above average by some great points - it is right on the beachfront so you can wake up to the waves crashing. The hot tubs are a bit cheesy but actually sitting in there with a glass of free bubbly looking at the stars takes some beating. Great for a cheap but romantic break.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Clarita, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I grew up in San Luis Obispo and had eaten Sunday brunch at the Sea Venture many times. I thought it would make a great vacation spot when I got married. I finally got the opportunity to stay at the Sea Venture and I was not disappointed. I booked the Deluxe Spa Room for my wife and I for her Christmas gift. First the location is amazing, right next to the beach. Getting out of my car and hearing the crashing waves was a nice welcome. Very easy to park, no valet which is not necessary, parking is very close to the entrance of the hotel. We got our room and headed up. The room was very comfortable, it felt a little cramped, but not to be a real problem. The room had a fireplace and jacuzzi on the patio. The bed was very comfortable, lots of pillows. Loved soaking in the jacuzzi at night under the stars, very relaxing and romantic. The complimentary bottle of wine was a nice touch. Had breakfast delivered to our room, cost was only $5 for each of us, nothing real fancy. We rode the complimentary bike rentals around Pismo, which was a lot of fun. Spent the day visiting wineries, got some great recommendations from the front desk. Then spent another night in the jacuzzi and in front of the fire place. A very relaxing trip for both my wife and I. The only two things that I had an issue with was the Wi-Fi was very spotty, sometimes it worked great and other times it didn't work at all, that was very frustrating. The second is the walls are not very sound proof, I could clearly hear a conversation the people were having next door. But my wife and I had a wonderful time and plan on returning next year at the same time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Beautiful views, spot on service, and private hot tub on the deck was perfect even in December! Both hotel restaurant and bar were excellent and staff both knowledgeable and friendly. Loved all the local wine on the menus, and provided in the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We were staying here for a family reunion. I had called in advance to make the reservation and talked with the Manager Meghan Hamill. I had a few questions about handicap rooms, due to my mothers mobility issues. She had us set in the handicap room with walk out of the room and onto the beach access. Check in was quick and easy. We got to the room and there was already a shower bench in the bathroom. Talk about details. At check I had asked if there where only real glasses in the room, yes they are real glass. Oops not good with a 4 year old, so they gave me a stack of plastic cups. Made my life a bit easier. The room was wonderful. Huge patio, private hot tub on the 2nd patio. Couch bed that fit 2 people just fine. Ask for an extra feather bed for better comfort. My 72 year old mother slept very well on it. The Staff~ so friendly. Heidi and Brittany were smiles and hellos every time we walked in. They would ask if every thing was fine, how is your stay, how was your day ect and mean it. Did not feel like it was just part of the job, they really wanted to know. Would I stay here again? I think I have too, the 4 year old is already making plans to go back to the handicap room where she can go straight to the ocean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pdxtender
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on the way up the coast to San Francisco. It's in a great location, with parking included on the nightly resort fee and we were given a voucher for a free bottle of champagne when we checked in. Right on the beach and with a ' holiday feel' in terms of the overall ambience, the rooms are a little dated and we had about 10 pillows on our bed which did seem a bit over the top. However, the deluxe spa room we stayed in was very clean, bathroom very small but manageable, good mini bar ( not extortionate prices) and we made good use of the hot tub which we found worked really well and it was lovely to relax in while looking up at the stars. We'd booked for Thanksgiving Dinner which was lovely and we were in time to watch the sun set over the sea as we ate our meal (which was delicious). Overall, a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed November 2012
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I drove from San Francisco on Hwiy 1 and this was our first night stay. We showed up a little before sunset got checked in quickly and had a drink at the bar to watch the sunset. Check in was easy, my wife loved the room. Up at the bar, outside on the terrace they had music playing. Spectacular view, good drinks and appetizers at reasonable prices. We made use of a lot of what they offered, room service, hot tub, free cruising bikes to go see the butterflies! If I pass through again, I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We were actually glad we didn't have an ocean view room. We had privacy when using our hot tub!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple