1,400 results
All reviewssea venturehot tub on the balconybreakfast basketpicnic basketbreakfast deliveredprivate jacuzzifeather bedrestaurant upstairsbeach chairsfree bottle of wineocean viewcovered parkingresort feeour honeymoongas fireplaceromantic getawaythird floor
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This hotel was everything it promised and then some. Came to Pismo from So. Cal to meet my brother from Nor. Cal. who was staying at an RV park nearby. I picked the hotel because it was closest to the RV park (easy walking distance) and was so pleased with the hotel. I got the standard, king sized, town view room and was so surprised at how nice it was - and so comfortable. We loved having the continental breakfast delivered to our room every morning which we ate at the little table under the skylight. It was just enough for us and delivered at the exact time we asked. The restaurant was so nice, we never ate a meal there but we sat on the patio of the bar for happy hour with good drinks and appetizers and watched the sun go down, it was just beautiful. We could walk anywhere from the hotel for food or drinks. And being on the beach, we could take leisurely strolls down the beach every morning and evening. My husband and brother went golfing at Avila Beach golf resort which was only about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mausand
Reviewed April 5, 2011

There were a couple of things that sold me on the SeaVenture over some of the other hotels with similar amenities: the location (it is ocean front and within easy walking distance to town), and the amenities (complimentary use of beach cruisers, and the hot tub on your balcony).

Location:
--it is right on the actual beach (which is beautiful: wide and sandy), instead of up on bluffs with just a view of the ocean. We had also been considering either of the two nice looking Pismo Beach Best Westerns, but upon arrival we were so glad we chose the SeaVenture.
--an easy walk to bars, restaurants, and stores, while some of the other hotels were a little north of town.

--private hot tub: emptied and cleaned after each guest departs
--ocean view balcony: the chairs are pub-stool height, which is perfect since the balcony front and side railings are built high to provide the most privacy
--spa on site: didn't use it this time, but the front desk gives you coupons on arrival
--free parking: don't even get me started on this...I'm looking at you, San Diego
--complimentary use of beach cruisers: just wish Pismo had a little longer boardwalk.

Room was spacious, clean, and nicely furnished. Bathroom was large and nicely appointed.

We did not eat in the restaurant or visit the restaurant lounge, but it is up on the 3rd floor so it has terrific ocean views.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We called as soon as we got to the room because we couldn't see any lights on the hot tub console and couldn't get the jets to come on. Maintenance came within minutes and had it solved.

We will definitely be staying at the SeaVenture again!

Room Tip: partial ocean view room: less $$, great view
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NativeNYer39
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Great place to relax. Everything to feel pampered from soft robes, a fireplace, semi private balcony hot tub, breakfast of your choice delivered in a picnic like basket and a place for massages on site. Walking distance to the pier, beach, and downtown Pismo.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank billehrman
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I've stayed at the Sea Venture many, many times and always enjoyed my stay. The cottage on the beach is a special treat and roomy. The guest rooms in the hotel are also very nice, but you need to stay in a room closer to the beach to have an ocean view.
The restaurant is great! The food terrific. I've never had a bad meal.
My only regret is that I'm usually there for business, and haven't had time to make use of all of the great amenities.
Whenever I am in the area, I stay at the Sea Venture.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Adrenlen
Mego68, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the SeaVenture Hotel. You are very lucky to have had the opportunity to visit our Beach House. It really is a rare gem on the central coast and we are so lucky to have it part of the hotel.
Hopefully soon you'll be able to get away for a leisure stay with us so you can sample all of our additional amenities and treat yourself to some rest and relaxation!

Reviewed March 12, 2011

My husband and I have been coming to the SeaVenture for at least 8 years or more. Lately, we've been going two to three times a year. Although we have stayed at other places in Pismo over the years, but our favorite is the SeaVenture. Mostly because of the location - we can walk to everything and it's on the beach, but also because of the hot tubs on the balconies and it's privacy. No matter how full the hotel is, it never feels that way.

If available, I would recommend the full ocean-view rooms. You not only have the oceanview, but an unobstructed view of the sunset. They are also the quietest rooms, in our opinion. If you're looking for a quiet, private, romantic, oceanfront hotel then the SeaVenture is the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RenaeInCA

Words cannot express how grateful we are for years of loyalty to the SeaVenture Hotel! We hope to continue to provide you with years of memorable experiences in Pismo Beach.
And we agree; the views of the ocean and sunset can't get any better than they are in our Full Ocean View rooms!