We stayed one night at the SeaCrest resort as part of a 3 week trip to California in September / October and out of all the places we stayed, this was one of our favourites.
Accommodations are divided between several different blocks ranging from 2 - 4 storeys around the central reception / pool area. We were in one of the larger blocks in a standard king room - I seem to recall rooms with a view were available for a supplement but as we were only there for one night we didn't parktake, however we did have a partial ocean view from our balcony (also a partial car park view, but I'm a glass half full kinda gal!).
The hotel is located on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, so is not right on the beach, but the beach is accessible by way of a couple of flights of steps (quite steep, not for anyone who has issues with walking) down from the hotel.
The hotel is, I believe, a fairly recently refurbished property, and it really shows. The style of the room was kind of modern retro - shades of orange, brown and cream, cool patterned wallpaper - we thought it was really funky but not sure whether it would be to everyone's taste. The room included a large and comfortable bed, sitting area, desk and large flat screen TV with various HD channels which was a nice surprise. There was also a fridge in the room but no microwave that I recall. The small balcony area had two comfortable chairs / loungers and a small table, perfect for sitting out with a coffee in the early morning watching the sun come up.
Breakfast was served in the reception area, with food in a separate room off to one side and seating on the outside patio. During our stay a large wedding party was at the hotel so breakfast was fairly busy, but everything was kept well stocked and there were plenty of places to sit and eat. Offerings included the usual toast, bagels and fruit as well as some very tasty muffins and pastries, a selection of juices and some very good coffee.
Free coffee, newspapers and internet access were all available in the lobby. Soda, snack and ice machines were located on each floor.
The hotel was fully booked due to the wedding and reception being held at the property that Saturday night, but although staff must have been busy they were friendly and courteous when we checked in and out.
We paid just under $130 (inc taxes etc) for our stay here which for a Saturday night in September compared well to other properties in the area - this was by far the best value place with any kind of proximity to the beach. Note that if booked directly with the hotel, a Saturday-only stay was not available at this time of year, but we booked via hotels.com where there was no issue - worth considering for anyone experiencing similar problems as I believe 2 night minimums are not unusual at that time of year on the coast.
I would definately recommend this hotel to a friend, to a stranger, or to anyone on Trip Advisor wanting a well priced but great little hotel in the Pismo Beach area. My only 'complaint' was that we had to leave after just one night, as we would have loved to stay longer - if we ever do a similar trip to the west coast again I'm sure we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a 5-acre oceanfront bluff top our iconic hotel features direct access to the beach, outdoor heated pool and three hot-tubs. Guestrooms have Free WiFi, iPod docking stations, flat-panel HDTVs with DirecTV, complimentary Continental Breakfast and meeting and event space including our roof top terrace with spectacular views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seacrest Hotel Pismo Beach
- Sea Crest Pismo Beach
- Seacrest Pismo Beach
- Sea Crest Motel Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Sea Crest
- Sea Crest Resort Pismo Beach