“My new favorite beach spot”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed May 22, 2010

This is my second visit to SeaCrest, but certainly not my last. I came here a month ago mid week and based on the TripAdvisor reviews, decided to give it a try. I had a late arrival but the hotel wasn't full, so they upgraded me to a king deluxe oceanfront room. The room and hotel surpassed my expectations. I enjoyed it so much that when i returned with my husband, decided to cancel our reservations at our usual favorite SLO location (San Luis Creek Lodge) to stay on the beach at SeaCrest. We booked a signature suite and once again, the resort surpassed expectations. At night, you fall asleep to the sound of the waves below. The beds are very comfy (I'm a stickler for that detail), the corner window seat in the suite is the perfect spot to curl up with a book...but then forget the book, because the view is too captivating. There is Keurig coffee in the room -- a huge step up from the usual coffee in a hotel (yes, I'm a coffee snob). The three hot tubs never seem to be crowded and are a nice finish to the day. You can take a walk on the beach that goes on for miles which I can never resist. Yesterday, the tide was so low that we ended up collecting about 50 complete sand dollar shells...will post the photo. I was on a mission to find 1 single complete shell and was truly shocked at the easy collection of our booty! We had to find a bag in town to carry them back to the hotel!

The grounds of the hotel are immaculate and the stairs to the beach are great exercise. The beach itself is beautiful, fine sand and very conducive to a good beach nap :) The location is great for Edna Valley wine tasting as well!

The Cracked Crab in Pismo has very tasty Alaskan crab, Steamers food is decent, but a great bar and view. Tonight will splurge for dinner at Lido. In SLO, try Chow restaurant for really good small plates.

If I had any suggestions at all for the new ownership, it would be to upgrade the towels to softer, fuller towels and get rid of the styrofoam coffee cups. Styrofoam is not consistent with the "green" approach of the hotel. But for the price paid, these are such minor details. The staff is extremely attentive, accomodating and friendly which is very welcoming.

In my regular visits to the area, this is my new favorite place and where I will be staying.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,100)

Reviewed April 30, 2010

Loved this hotel. The room seems to have been updated recently. Very clean and comfortable. The views are spectacular. Free cookies, coffee, breakfast. I would absolutely stay here again. There is a nice little grassy area for kids to run around out back. There are two hot tubs. Great time in Pismo!

Reviewed April 28, 2010

After a lot of research of Pismo Beach hotels, we made a reservation for a oceanfront deluxe king room for four nights to celebrate my birthday. We arrived late, so some of the better rooms were not available. When the staff learned that it was a special birthday, they upgraded us to an incredible suite at no extra charge. It was a fantastic, spacious room with endless breathtaking views of the ocean. This is one of those hotels that you return to often. We can't wait for our next visit.

1  Thank 666,111
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We recently went to th "North Meets South" car show. SeaCrest Resort hosted all the various car clubs three night stay. I work in a hotel and have certain expectations. I must say the staff, from the GM down to the groundskeeprs were very profesional, helpful, were willing to lend a hand and always had a smile on their face and willing to say hello to all.
The location is WOW, the rooms very clean and hotel was well maintained. We never had a want for anything. The price was reasonable and the value was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank ldympr
Reviewed April 24, 2010

The Seacrest Resort is a decent hotel for the price. We stayed during some terrible weather so we did not get out much, but the views of the ocean are outstanding. This is an older hotel that has been updated very well. However, the walls are thin so you hear your neighbors and those walking in the unit above you.
The beds are comfortable and we had a partial ocean view which was nice.
The only issues I had was the TV was difficult to operate with the remote. You had to be in one spot on the bed to get it to work. The bigger issue were the small ants that came out in the sink area. You need to keep your food sealed during your stay. When I mentioned it at check out I was told that is a common problem in this area for everyone when the weather gets bad.
Overall, it was ok for what we paid during this off season visit.

Reviewed April 19, 2010

From the busy 101 Pismo Beach looks a bit rough but how wrong could we have been. The Seacrest resort is amazing, amazing rooms with sea views and lots of pool pace and jacuzi. 15 mins walk from the bars and restaurants of the resort. But there is a restaurant in the hotel car park if you cannot be bothered to walk too far for food. A good ontinental breakfast is offered by the hotel if required. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

2  Thank Nathan D
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I first stayed at the Sea Crest about a year ago while they were doing the reservation. I was searching TripAdvisor for a hotel on the Central Coast and noticed that the manage had responded to each of the reviews, good and bad., so I decided to try them out and found a good price on Orbitz.When I arrived I was still in uniform from my Reserve weekend. The hotel wasn't full so they upgraded me to an ocean front room, which certainly made it a much nicer stay. Mark them as Veteran friendly if that matters to you.

Since then I have stayed about half a dozen times and while they have not always been so accommodating with the ocean views, they have mostly done a very good job of taking care of me. Not all of the rooms are completely renovated, but I find the place very comfortable. The views from the tower rooms can be spectacular and those in the main building aren't bad, either. I haven't made much use of the amenities, but the place seems well maintained and the staff helpful.

They have a deal for take out with Marie Callendars, but I'd give it a pass. Not all the costs are made clear.

Overall, and very good place to stay and a good value. I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Misterhawk
SeaCrestManagement, Management Company at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2010

Thank you for your service, we honor your commitment to our country's safety.

On behalf of the management and entire staff of the SeaCrest Beach Resort, we are delighted you enjoy your times in Pismo Beach and your regular visits to the SeaCrest Beach Resort.

We appreciate your return stays and will always try when possible to upgrade our "frequent fliers", especially those serving the US Military. Please return again soon, now that the SeaCrest has completed its renovation in both its rooms and exterior grounds.

Take advantage of our new amenities such as our summer-time poolside food service.

Your excellent Trip Advisor SeaCrest ratings and recommendation to friends mean a great deal to us.

Thank you.