This is my second visit to SeaCrest, but certainly not my last. I came here a month ago mid week and based on the TripAdvisor reviews, decided to give it a try. I had a late arrival but the hotel wasn't full, so they upgraded me to a king deluxe oceanfront room. The room and hotel surpassed my expectations. I enjoyed it so much that when i returned with my husband, decided to cancel our reservations at our usual favorite SLO location (San Luis Creek Lodge) to stay on the beach at SeaCrest. We booked a signature suite and once again, the resort surpassed expectations. At night, you fall asleep to the sound of the waves below. The beds are very comfy (I'm a stickler for that detail), the corner window seat in the suite is the perfect spot to curl up with a book...but then forget the book, because the view is too captivating. There is Keurig coffee in the room -- a huge step up from the usual coffee in a hotel (yes, I'm a coffee snob). The three hot tubs never seem to be crowded and are a nice finish to the day. You can take a walk on the beach that goes on for miles which I can never resist. Yesterday, the tide was so low that we ended up collecting about 50 complete sand dollar shells...will post the photo. I was on a mission to find 1 single complete shell and was truly shocked at the easy collection of our booty! We had to find a bag in town to carry them back to the hotel!
The grounds of the hotel are immaculate and the stairs to the beach are great exercise. The beach itself is beautiful, fine sand and very conducive to a good beach nap :) The location is great for Edna Valley wine tasting as well!
The Cracked Crab in Pismo has very tasty Alaskan crab, Steamers food is decent, but a great bar and view. Tonight will splurge for dinner at Lido. In SLO, try Chow restaurant for really good small plates.
If I had any suggestions at all for the new ownership, it would be to upgrade the towels to softer, fuller towels and get rid of the styrofoam coffee cups. Styrofoam is not consistent with the "green" approach of the hotel. But for the price paid, these are such minor details. The staff is extremely attentive, accomodating and friendly which is very welcoming.
In my regular visits to the area, this is my new favorite place and where I will be staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a 5-acre oceanfront bluff top our iconic hotel features direct access to the beach, outdoor heated pool and three hot-tubs. Guestrooms have Free WiFi, iPod docking stations, flat-panel HDTVs with DirecTV, complimentary Continental Breakfast and meeting and event space including our roof top terrace with spectacular views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seacrest Hotel Pismo Beach
- Sea Crest Pismo Beach
- Seacrest Pismo Beach
- Sea Crest Motel Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Sea Crest
- Sea Crest Resort Pismo Beach