“The best hotel we've stayed at on the California coast.”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed October 7, 2009

The recenly remodeled rooms are beautiful. Decorated in very tasteful muted tones, There is a small breakfast bar and refrigerator along with continental breakfast. Every room has a full or partial ocean view. There is a sliding door that opens to a full view in the room we had. There is a small patio and chairs just outside the door. There is also a beautiful pool and two hot tubs. I am a wheelchair user and the accomodations are absolutely outstanding. The bathroom access was great! I'll never use another place at Pismo Beach than the SeaCrest Resort

Reviewed October 5, 2009

We arrived at the SeaCrest on a Saturday afternoon without a reservation. I asked to see a room before checking in and my request was cheerfully accomodated. They allowed me to look at a couple rooms. The first room was very well furnished, very clean and offered an ocean view. The second room was in another building and was a spacious suite on the second floor. We decided to pay the extra money for the larger suite. We had a king size bed, wonderful balcony, separate sink and dressing area from the toilet and shower. We enjoyed our continental breakfast on the balcony the next morning. The shower was great with extra jets. There are steps down to the beach and we loved the easy access for a morning walk on the beach. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. I have been a travel agent for several years and have looked at hundreds of hotels and hotel rooms. We will definitely stay at the SeaCrest again.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2009

The SeaCrest has made major changes since we had been there three or so years ago. It is clean and new and beautifully decorated. They have added so many nice little extra touches that make it so enjoyable to stay there. The staff is very helpful and pleasant, especially Jacob at check-in. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful location,..overlooking the ocean. Their continental breakfast has so many choices, again with little extras like flavored creamer, cream cheese, peanut butter, different cereals for kids, along with bagels, muffins, juices and coffee. We think it very reasonable for as nice as it is, especially when they run certain deals. It will be where we go when we visit the Pismo Beach area, which is about 3 times a year, because we love this place.

Reviewed October 2, 2009

I have stayed at the Seacrest for the past 15 years, at least 10 times a year. Always received exceptional service. My little getaway. I haven't been in several months(like last late summer aug 2008), due to illness in the family. Sometimes I only stayed for one night and sometimes more. I now understand that your hotel "seacrest resort" does not accommodate a one night stay which makes me very disapointed .I do not understand the new policy change.I have highly recommended your hotel to many of my collegues in the past. I can't believe that your hotel is willing to turn down loyal guests who have had so many wonderful memories at the sea crest for a mere( new policy 2 night stay). If you could send me some feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. I guess I won't be recommending the sea crest in the future.[--]

Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank cruzinkelley
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Called last minute and was offered a discount of 10% and was allowed to check in an hour and a half early. Compared to the other hotels on Price St., this one was the most affordable and I was surprised at how beautiful the hotel is. It's undergone major renovations and looks very modern/contemporary. Rooms were very spacious, beds comfortable, Keurig coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, wall mounted flat screen TV, ALL BRAND NEW! Direct Tv offered tons of channels. Staff was super helpful and gave my daughter a cookie when we arrived. Continental breakfast in the morning was stocked and fresh, coffee from Seattle's Best. Will definitely be staying here next time.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2009

My husband & I recently spent a Friday & Saturday night at the SeaCrest thanks to a lovely gift from a family member. We had not expected all that much, just a nice quite getaway - what we got was friendly & efficient service( the hotel handyman is easily seen throughout the days doing little things to make the guests stay more enjoyable – getting extra towels for the pool, lighting the outdoor heaters, restocking the cookie supply – just to name a few), lots of little extras and conveniences (a small fridge & microwave in the room, new flat screen TV, free coffee/tea available 24/7 in the lobby (right next to the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies - still warm from the oven!). The property has 3 spas, 1 heated pool, & more places to sit, relax, & enjoy the view than we could count! There is access to the beach via about 100 wooden stairs & a nice grass area with a barbeque & tables where you can create your own little fiesta if you so choose. You have the option of ordering "room service" from the Marie calendars across the parking lot - but save yourself the extra 18% that they add on & just go up & get the food to go. Breakfast is available from 6-10am daily – fruit, bagels, muffins, cereal are n the standard fare available. If you enjoy wine - Paso Robles & the 200+ wineries are a short 30 minutes drive away. Bring back a bottle of wine (which the front desk will gladly open for you) & sit and enjoy the sunset next to the fire pit. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys the sound of crashing waves. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

Our room in the South Wing was great with a lovely view and all the conveniences.We liked everything about the resort until we discovered that the airconditioner/heater from the room next door vented directly on to our balcony. It was loud,obscuring the sound of the ocean and meaning we could not leave our deck door open. It also exhausted warm air on to the balcony which was very uncomfortable. We would return to the SeaCrest but only if we could be guaranteed that we would not be in the South Wing. All other wings appeared to be o.k.