My cousin got married this past weekend to his girlfriend of a few years and all of my family and their friends were invited to come to see the wedding. They have been down there many times before and did some research into the places for their guests to stay.
My boyfriend and I were looking at places to stay since we didn't want to stay with my parents & sisters, just too many people in one hotel room. So my cousin told me about the advance reservation rates at Seacrest. It was an awesome deal, if you book 21 or more days in advance, the price is just about cut in half. The only catch is there is no cancellations and they charge your card as soon as the reservation is made. but since I knew we were going for a wedding, I went ahead and booked a partial view ocean room.
it was late when we got there, so i didn't see much of what was around there. It did look to be one of the nicer places on the strip of hotels along the freeway in Pismo Beach. I went ahead and checked in and came to find out that my room was among the worst placed rooms available. We were on the bottom floor... already not my preference and I came to find out there was little insulation from blocking noises, because first thing on Saturday morning, I'm awoken at 7:30 from a kid right outside the lawn area yelling and screaming and running in and out and down the hallway. Not to say that is the Seacrest's fault because it's obviously a lack of respect for others and the parents really should have handled it. Next, we were about 2 doors from the ice machine & right down the hall from the housekeeping dept and the laundry rooms. So needless to say, we didn't sleep past 8, which is not my preference when I'm on vacation. The room was nice, but the bathroom needed to finish being retouched as there was about 2 different shades of white on the ceiling from where a repair must have been made and the fan was the noisest fan I've ever heard in a bathroom.
Overall, we didn't spend that much time here because a lot of my family stayed at the Pismo Lighthouse Suites, but when we did stay at the hotel it seemed to be noisy from every angle. The beds were nice and the DirectTV was nice to have, but I could have done without a LOT of the noise.
Once again, I'm not blaming the hotel for all of the noises, but just making everyone aware that maybe a nice pair of earplugs would be something to bring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a 5-acre oceanfront bluff top our iconic hotel features direct access to the beach, outdoor heated pool and three hot-tubs. Guestrooms have Free WiFi, iPod docking stations, flat-panel HDTVs with DirecTV, complimentary Continental Breakfast and meeting and event space including our roof top terrace with spectacular views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seacrest Hotel Pismo Beach
- Sea Crest Pismo Beach
- Seacrest Pismo Beach
- Sea Crest Motel Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Sea Crest
- Sea Crest Resort Pismo Beach