“Best Views”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My girlfriend an I stayed at the SeaCrest during Spring Break 2014. We stayed in their Spa Deluxe Room and the view was breath taking. I recommend the higher floors. The room was terrific and clean and included a large spa tub next to the bed. The bed was a bit firm for my taste but I slept well listening to the sound of the ocean. It was a relaxing time and the hotel staff were friendly and responsive to our needs. I'm looking forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
TheSeaCrestTeam, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear usrican,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the SeaCrest. We look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,073)

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great hotel and great service. We stay every year and wouldn't stay anywhere else. It has everything you ever wanted for family or just a couple. The views are breathtaking. My grandkids love this place and so do I.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in this hotel.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My family and I (hubby, kids 10 and 12 and dog) checked in FINALLY on Sunday, April 13th. This was by far the most horrible hotel experience of my life. I don't know if it was the full moon or what but I would have rather stayed ANYWHERE else. The service was HORRIBLE and Pathetic!, we arrived at 4:05, check in is 4. The little lobby was packed with miserable faces and I knew it wasn't gonna be good - A woman next to me had been waiting over 2 hours! another couple came back and said the room they were assigned to ALREADY HAD PEOPLE IN IT! I was asked to stand to the side (with about 15 others) and said it would be about 5 minutes. at 5:10!!! they said they were just STARTING on our room! when we finally got the keys, which we had to replace literally 6 different times becuase they didn't work, I said "well it comes with a complimentary bottle of champagne right?" the girl said "well if it was THAT much of a hassle for you I'll send something up." I said YEAH it was a hassle waiting over an hour and half for our room after traveling for 6 hours to get here..ALL BASED ON GOOD REVIEWS! apx 45 min later, housekeeping shows up with an $8 split of wine. Attempted dinner at Marie Calendars in the parking lot to find out they were out of half their menu and coincidentally everything we wanted to order - mozzarella sticks, french dip, chicken pot pie and tuna melt ALL gone. Walked back to the hotel apx 9:00 at this point and were told as long as we ordered something by 11:00 we could get room service. No phone numbers on the menu, called the front desk they said" well they should be on there". I searched the numbers on my phone and each place I called said we had to call before 8:45 to get an order in! Finally called roundtable and we were able to eat at 11:25 that night. Next day, called to get some champagne in the room (which you can only get between 2-10pm)and when I asked for a specific one from the MENU housekeeping said we dont have that, I don't even konw why it would be on the menu"...I said well I'm looking at it with my own two eyes"...so I chose a different one and guess what, they were literally out of half of the wine menu and asked me if I wanted to get a higher priced one which I said only if its at the same price as the champagne I'm requesingt- which surprisingly they agreed to. We stayed 3 nights there and as beautiful as the location is, the service ruined everything. I'll NEVER go back- my kids were miserable, we got locked out of the room nearly everytime we left and it seemed as though no one gave a damn. It's a shame, I've seen nothing but great reviews which is again, why I chose to bring my kids here for spring break and my daughters 10th birthday but someone needs to know how horrible things were 4/13-4/16/14. Good luck all! And goodbye forever Seacrest hotel.....We won't miss you

4  Thank bwilk74
Joseph S, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear bwilk74,

At the SeaCrest, the owners, management and staff work very hard each and every day to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. When the hotel is sold out thru the weekend, Sunday departure guests often tend to linger as long as possible with us, given the wonderful weather. And yes, this was one of those Sundays. Housekeepers were not able to get into the rooms to ready them for the next guests in a timely fashion.

When rooms are not ready for check-in right at 4:00, we make a point of suggesting any waiting guests avail themselves of our complimentary coffee and cookies, available all afternoon. There is water and local ice cream available in the lobby as well. It is never any fun to wait, but what an amazing view there is to enjoy with a snack and cup of coffee, on one of several comfortable Terraces around the five acre property. And, there are games for the kids too to play on the expansive lawn in front of the lobby.

We are thankful TripAdvisor posts all the reviews, so potential guests can see 89% of the reviews for The SeaCrest are positive, the hotel is in the top 10 of all hotels in Pismo, and our rating is 4.5 of 5.

We wish to learn about all our guests’ experiences, even when it’s bad news. When we miss the mark, it breaks our hearts, and we make every effort to make it better during the stay and for the next visit. We are looking into the issue regarding the keys, and will fix whatever is broken with the system. We are adjusting the “Thirst Aid” offerings based on guest comments, our apologies, the correct menu was not yet placed in your room.

We do not have Room Service at the hotel, but in the room are booklets (Café Runner and Menu Club, each listing several restaurants in the area providing delivery service to the SeaCrest. We were unaware of the 8:45 PM deadline to order meals. Thanks for letting us know, we will advise our guests.

We hope you reconsider your comment about never visiting the hotel again, we will miss you, your family and the dog.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with my room at the SeaCrest after checking out of the Cliffs Resort. The decor is chic and modern, the views are pretty nice. In the room there's a fridge with free aqua, microwave, speaker to play your music on, free WIFI that actually works, a balcony with a partial ocean view.

Denise and Michelle as well as ALL of the front desk staff are very welcoming and gave me great insight on local restaurants, ordering a little somethin' somethin' to drink and having it delivered to my room, beach access on the best time to catch the sunset as well as the best place to see it.

Only con so far, is my neighbor continually slamming the door the walls are thin ...very thin or the door is loud very loud. Either way that is pretty minor.

I'm really a 4-5 star hotel type of gal but took the recommendations of fellow tripadvisors and I'm glad I did. I also saved some $$$ staying here almost 50% less than the Cliffs Resort.

Oh yes, it is a dog-friendly establishment!

Reserve your room tonight!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Lani H
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed last month in the deluxe king ocean view for our anniversary. The view was breathtaking. The room was spacious, clean, and had all the amenities I wanted (ipod docking station is an absolute plus). The staff were courteous, the free breakfast they provide is very satisfying. The beach is wide, the sand was firm (good for running), and though the water was still cold, it was quite calm. I just booked to return again in August - this time with my dog.

Room Tip: the deluxe king ocean view is spectacular
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dabugs
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Wow! The upgrades are terrific since our last stay (Dec. '12). Room 439 beautifully appointed. Bedding, bathroom and new bathroom wooden floor, TV, reading/relaxing chair all outstanding. And the view from our balcony of the lush grounds, majestic coastline and ocean added to the enjoyment of our stay. Long walks on the beach below took us to the pier and back. Breakfast function great. Very good selections. New areas outside for breakfast seating and new lifestyle chairs outside lobby entrance exceptional. Strolled into town (another walk) for dinner at our favorite Cracked Crab. Wonderful stay. Perfect for breaking up a long drive from San Francisco to San Diego.

Room Tip: Request south or north tower rooms that face ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We only stayed on night but we should have stayed longer. This was a great hotel with easy parking and check-in. Free coffee, tea, cookies in the lobby. They have free continental breakfast in the mornings. It seems the hotel and rooms was recently upgraded. We like they have private access to the beach which was nice. We will probably book SeaCrest the next time we come up to Pismo Beach area.

1  Thank BLKR1234