“Another Excellent Stay at the Seacrest!”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Gurnee, Illinois
“Another Excellent Stay at the Seacrest!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Once again, on our annual vacation to Pismo Beach, we had an excellent experience at the Seacrest. This hotel is awesome. The staff are very friendly and accommodating--a special thank you to Victor at the front desk for his assistance with our reservations. The hotel is so clean including the grounds. We love the gas fire things outside while having the complimentary breakfast and coffee in front of the ocean. What a relaxing way to start the day! We will be back again, that is for sure.

Room Tip: Love the ocean front rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am in the hotel business and I traveled with my girlfriend who is as well. We are both in management at a 5 start 5 diamond resort and spa. I understand that this is not a 5 star hotel but yet I have to say initially my expectations were beat! Yet the one issue that really would question if I come
back or recommend this hotel to my friends and colleges, was that when I asked if the hotel provided robes the answer was 'we only provide robes to guests who book ocean views.' This made me feel like a 2nd class citizen and guest. I understand your policies and decisions, but PLEASE word it different. I would be happy to discuss further if requested. I stayed on 4/8

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank CaliforniaSB
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear CaliforniaSB, Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I truly appreciate the feedback and comments from your stay. Especially since you are in the Hospitality industry. Wording to a guest and how you make them feel is critical in our business. No one likes to feel like a second class citizen. I am sorry this occurred during your stay. I have taken your experience and am using it as a tool for coaching for improvement. I do hope you will return to see us again. We are a wonderful location for a tremendous lodging experience. I hope you will reach out to me personally at 805-773-1808. Sincerely, Jamie Wallace.
Brenham, Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

This old landmark hotel has been remodeled in the last several years. Not everything, but most things. Clean room. Good location. Self Serve breakfast items. Keurig in room. Beach access at the hotel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear TexasStreetwalker, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for noticing our improvements. We have recently upgraded the direct beach stair access as well as our new SeaMist Terrace with natural gas BBQ's and custom fire pits. We are always looking to improve and upgrade the hotel for our guest's experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed in the family suite for one night. We were on the first floor with a gorgeous view of the Pacific! The hotel has a retro cool vibe. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. We asked for a Pack n Play for the baby and it was delivered. The man who brought it even offered to set it up.
The shower is huge! No bathtub which can be a bummer with little ones - but was fine nonetheless. I would most certainly stay here again if we're ever in Pismo.
The only weird thing that I noticed was the lobby smell. I have sort of a sensitive sense of smell. When I entered - there was a significantly strong body odor. Not pleasant, but I wasn't worried since the room was fine.

1 Thank CAgrand
Joseph S, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about the SeaCrest's staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your view of the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Ocean is magnificent. Not sure about the body odor, our guests and staff are smell good people. Recently, we had contractors in and out of the lobby doing a bit of improvements. Now that we are aware, we will schedule the workers away from lobby when guests are present.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had a very good experience at the SeaCrest. It's well located in Pismo Beach, a mere 10-15 minute walk from the main pier and 'downtown' area. Obviously an older motel that has been renovated and expanded, they've done a good job of it. Our room was well appointed and nicely decorated - and it had a balcony with a view of the ocean, pier, etc. A very relaxing place to be!

Hotel staff were helpful, and the grounds quite nice. Three hot tubs give options in case one or two are crowded. The included breakfast was decent, and you get those views again when you eat. There is a staircase (93 steps) down to the beach right next to the pool, giving this hotel an edge over others nearby.

One tip if you're in town on a Thursday evening - make the 15 minute drive up to San Luis Obispo for their evening Farmers Market. Lots of produce to buy, restaurant food to eat, and a fantastic atmosphere.

I would certainly stay here again if in the area!

1 Thank Tizmania
Wow! You really took full advantage of the SeaCrest's location during your stay. You outlined a perfect getaway; walk to the Pismo Beach Pier or to downtown Pismo Beach. You are right, the San Luis Obispo Farmer's Market is quite a bit of fun, worth scheduling a visit to include a Thursday night.

Thank you for your review.
tulare
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I received a last minute deal here for $132.00 for a Friday night, just my four year old and I. Don't get room 104 it is in a dark corner and the patio is open so some drunk guys decided to get comfy there at 4:00 a.m. But the inside was very nice and extremely clean. The grounds were my favorite part beautiful views during the day and plenty of grass for kids to play and fire pit seating areas for cozy evenings. The continental breakfast was basic, I expected a little better. Overall I would stay here again for this price or a bit more but not more than 200.00.

Room Tip: Just say no to room 104.
2 Thank ibkatg
Joseph S, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for the nice review. Please like us on Facebook; we have great deals for our Facebook fans throughout the year. For a heartier breakfast, check our web site for Enhancements, or with the Guest Service Agents at check in; we have an option for breakfast at the Shell Café. Hope to see you again soon.
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel from Sedona AZ and drove 10 hrs, made check in at sunset. What a beautiful surprise!! We were booked into a nice 1st floor pet friendly room that included an adorable orange pet bed that our Scottie fell in love with instantly. There are always going to be situations out of your or hotels control and the mark of a great hotel is how they handle the issues when they arise. We were lucky to have Spencer on the front desk that handled issue promptly and professionally and as promised the manager Rachel contacted us at 9:00 the next morning including a little gift pack for the pooch. We ended up staying 3 days and are looking forward to our return. They are a great team from the front desk to the maids they have a great facility in a lovely and relaxing setting and you couldn't ask for a more relaxing place to unwind after 10 days on the road. Cant wait to return. Special thanks to Spencer, Eduardo and Rachel.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank oldscottydog
Love your pictures! Thank you for sharing. After a 10 hour drive from Sedona, we are delighted to know we exceeded your expectations. Looking forward to seeing Scottie and the family back at the SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, Pismo Beach again soon.