“Great location and rooms”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I can't say how this place stacks up in terms of value because I stayed the night free of charge thanks to my Stash Rewards. That said, our stay was fabulous. We chose a Signature Deluxe room, which was on the very end of the property and very private as a result. The room was spacious, modern, comfortable and clean. The best thing about this corner room (248) with double views of the ocean is that it has a private balcony overlooking the ocean and a sunny reading nook. The beds are super comfortable. The property looked like it had some nice amenities - heated pool, hot tub and fire pit - but we were happy to just chill on our balcony with a bottle of wine. Oh - and the service was great.

Room Tip: Get a Signature Deluxe Room if you want a great ocean view and private balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Being retired we like to go on 3 day trips from Sunday through Wednesday to keep away from the crowds and also the hotels have cheaper rates. They also had a special stay two nights get the 3rd night free. We called for our reservations and were told there were no ocean front view rooms available but partial ocean view were available. We arrived on a Sunday checked in. The area to park where our rooms were was blocked because they told us they were having a festival going on and it was reserved for the vendors. So we parked on the opposite side and had to walk with all our luggage to the other side of the property. Our room was in the North Tower #312 facing the pool. When you walked out onto the large balcony you could see the ocean. The room was very clean, comfortable beds, hard as rock pillows. (my fault because I usually bring my own pillow when we car travel but I forgot). Lots of sink counter space in the bathroom and large closet though it seems in every hotel they never give you enough hangers we had 6. They also give you complimentary bottled water every day which is rare in hotels. The problems started the next day Monday. At 8am we heard loud jackhammering breaking up the parking lot near our hotel room area. We found out that they were going to redo the gas lines and to do that had to break up the parking lot go into the area around the pool area so it was quite loud. We went to the area where they have continental breakfast and it was closed. They told us they were remodeling the room. They gave us vouchers to Marie Calendars for a continental breakfast. We went there which is a short walk and they showed us the area where we would get our food. It looked gross. The scrambled eggs looked like powdered eggs all stuck together. The fruit was picked over and brown. We walked out and went to this wonderful restaurant called Huckleberry's for breakfast. We noticed that there were not a lot of guests at the hotel so we wondered why we couldn't get an Ocean View Room. Maybe because we were asking for the special they were advertising they wouldn't give you the good rooms but who knows. After we spent the day touring and got back to the hotel around 3:30pm (jack hammering still going on) we stopped at the office because at 3 they always put out these wonderful fresh made chocolate chip cookies. There weren't any put out. We asked about it and the girl behind the desk said oh we ran out of cookie dough and didn't know when they were getting more. OK no cookies for us. The hotel has access to the beach which is about 75 steps down no problem but was a little winded coming up. Hey I'm a senior :). As I said we just came at the wrong time but its a lovely hotel and we will come again but next time I will asked if construction is going on.

Room Tip: Rooms in the North Tower get the morning sun. The south tower you could see the sunset.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2013

On my way up to pay my son a surprise visit, I was calling everyplace in the book trying to fine a room that would take me and my little dog. Luckily I called the SeaCrest Ocean Front Hotel. Upon speaking to a young man named Victor. I found what I needed. When I arrived that afternoon, Victor and Spencer greeted us at the front desk. Victor even helped my to my room. Later that afternoon, I had a little problem with my TV. Another nice man named Dave came to help me. I can't say enough nice things about these 3 men. each one was so kind and helpful. They made me feel really special. I will definetly call SeaCrest next time I travel. I feel like I made 3 new friends. Thanks again, Victor, Spencer and Dave,

Jo M

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My father just held his 26th annual golf tournament (San Fernando Valley Pismo Golf classic) this past weekend. We had 20 guys spread throughout the hotel. This is a beautiful resort hotel with a very courteous and helpful staff. I met with the manager (Michael) on Saturday night while he was hosting a party on the grounds. Such a pleasant guy .... he will bend over backwards to make sure you feel like home! I love this place so much, I'm going back with my girlfriend this weekend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We arrived into Pismo Beach without reservations and the SeaCrest Hotel was our first stop. The front desk was friendly and confirmed an oceanfront room within a few minutes. Besides the gorgeous ocean view, our room was filled with lots of extra amenities; makeup mirror, complimentary bottled water, refrigerator, robes, microwave and even some microwave popcorn! Very nice touches.

The only complaint was the room heater and refrigerator which continuously cycling on and off which interrupted our sleep throughout the night.

Every morning the lobby offered complimentary coffee and fruit; unexpected but something you would expect from a upscale hotel. All the grounds are well kept and everything is clean and fresh looking.

Great find!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We just stayed at the SeaCrest for 2 nights and were really pleased all around. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. Our deluxe oceanfront room was as advertised and had a fantastic view. Only good things to say and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here seven or eight times and this place never disappoints us. The view is incredible, the rooms are clean and modern, and the location is perfect.

The service has always been good, but this time the service was just outstanding. Dustin and Vanessa bent over backwards to accommodate our early arrival and give us the best possible room for our budget!

We are looking forward to our next visit already!

Kent & Heather

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Kent P, Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel and staff. I have let Dustin and Vanessa know about your review and thanked them for their great service. we hope to see you again, soon.