“perfect time in Pismo”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Seacrest is the perfect place to relax. Fantastic ocean view rooms- with a mini fridge & microwave (stocked with yummy microwave popcorn)! Be sure to take time out during your stay to enjoy the firepits located on the lovely lanai! The entire hotel staff is wonderful! Girl trip; family time or a romantic getaway the Seacrest fits the bill. ENJOY!

Room Tip: Any ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angela G
There are newer reviews for SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful time over the 4th of July at this hotel. The accommodations are clean, modern and comfortable. Our room overlooked the pool area and the ocean. There were a lot of people at SeaCrest, and the grounds were big enough to accommodate everyone. Loved the pool and the Jacuzzis. The staff were great. If we came back to this area we would definitely stay here again ... and recommend this hotel to everyone! Thank you!!
Carol and Vic

Room Tip: The rooms in the front of the hotel overlooking the ocean are the best. Definitely ask for an ocea...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

On a night that every room is booked. Victor came to the rescue when I came to hotel. He not only took care of me and made me feel welcomed but showed me the room before I paid for it to make me feel comfortable about what I was paying for. To top it all of he gave me a reduction in the room rate. Thanks Victor you made my lady and I feel like a king and queen. We definitely will be coming back to that jacuzzi room.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

In May 2013, my fiancé and I (in our late twenties) stayed at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel for one night on our way down Highway #1. It was our second stop between San Francisco and Los Angeles (the first one was Monterey) and we were quite sad that we didn’t have the chance to stay longer than just one night. Our room (Ocean Front Deluxe King) was spacious and clean, with a nice design (and funny information cards all over the room!). There was free water and popcorn, too. Also, the view from the balcony was fantastic.

There is plenty of parking in front of the hotel and wifi is free. There is an outdoor pool, too. Breakfast is included in the room rate and decent. You can have your breakfast on the terrace with a nice ocean view.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

We paid about 160 € per night for SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel. Considering the relatively high price, we choose to give the hotel 4/5 stars. We would recommend the hotel and if we returned to Pismo Beach, we would definitely consider staying at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Just_us_worldwide
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. The rooms are very nice and modern with comfortable beds and pillows of varying levels of firmness from which to choose. The rooms include flat screen tvs, refrigerators, and microwaves. They also offer a pool, two jacuzzis, a heated outdoor patio, and private access to the beach. They are within an easy (and picturesque) walk along the beach to downtown Pismo, with all the shops and cafes. Add a tray of chocolate chip cookies in the hotel lobby at 3 pm each afternoon and a free continental breakfast, and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better hotel in the area.

With all this, I would have given the SeaCrest five stars. But what really put our stay over the top was the friendliness of the staff. They were pleasant and helpful throughout our stay. However, after checking out, we discovered we had a dead car battery. The front desk immediately offered to assist and within five minutes, a staff member had jump started the car and we were on our way.

Whenever I visit Pismo Beach, I will stay at the SeaCrest!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe H
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Joe H, Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Our staff is wonderful and we certainly appreciate the recognition. I have shared your review with our staff. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our first stay at the beautiful SeaCrest OceanFront was wonderful. I had requested the Happiest Birthday package for my boyfriend's 50th. The wine was there, chilled, in the room with two large glasses and the bottle opener. The carrot cake was decorated perfectly and absolutely delicious! And the Sand Note was just as I'd requested, framed and everything. We were both super-impressed!

The beds were great. I honestly woke up Sunday morning thinking I was in my own bed. We were in the South Tower with a great view of the beach and pier.

Only nit picks are that the 4th floor deck was above us so we could hear things being moved or rolled around. The WiFi was much too weak in our room. A small investment in several routers or Wifi range extenders would be a good thing on the hotel's part. We used our HotSpot.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShellAlvarez

Dear ShellStewart, Thank you for your nice comments. I am glad you shared your birthday with us. I am happy you had a restful time with us. Please come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

SeaCrest in Pismo is a fantastic spot for family vacation. We spent a week here and hated to leave! The whole hotel is family friendly with lots of room to play. Nothing fancy, certainly not a resort, but they've done a good job updating and keeping fresh. The family suites work great for those with a couple small kids - a room with King bed and a small room attached with 2 singles. Rooms are basic but well kept. Nice to have refrigerator and microwave. The pools are clean and fun. We cooked in a few nights using bbq grills on site and picnic area below pool. Continental breakfast is sufficient to get the day started. We had 2 issues. First is the front desk staff. Our room keys were constantly not working throughout the week and when we went to get new ones they never checked ID and only one time asked our name. We could have gotten keys for any room at any time, no questions asked. Check in was very slow and each time we needed anything we had to wait and wait and then inevitably our issue couldn't be resolved without hunting down a manager. Even trying to purchase a few things from their small supply of sundries was an ordeal. Very nice people, just obviously poorly trained. Second is related - on the third day we were informed one of our rooms had to be changed due to carpet replacement. No one warned us at check in that might happen, and we had already endured a few days of early morning noise for carpet installation. It was a scurry to get our stuff out of the room, into new room in the middle of a vacation day. But we will stay here again - the beach access, family atmosphere and nice facilities bring us back again and again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank socaltripster

Dear SoCal Tripster, Thank you for recent review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate the feedback and nice comments. Since your stay, all of our rooms and hallways have new carpet. I have also forwarded your comments to our Front Office Manager. We hope you will consider us again in the future.