“a great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
nyc
“a great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sea Crest for a week in June while visiting friends in Pismo Beach. It is right on the beach- (about 3 flights of stairs down), and I loved my morning walks, followed by a tasty breakfast.. The room, facing the ocean was very clean and comfortable, and the staff, especially Kim, was so friendly and helpful.
The Central coast is beautiful. A lovely spot to spend some time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear MJNNyc, Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. I truly appreciate the praise you gave for Kim. She is very much an asset to our hotel. It is a great place and we hope you will come back to see us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went with my husband during the week the first week of June. We were hoping that it wouldn't be busy during the week, but it was all sold out. We were given this room on the second floor of the middle building to the right of the lobby. So our balcony was facing the pool but with a full view of the ocean, and our door was facing the parking lot. I read in other reviews that it could get noisy in the middle building, and that the south building on higher floor is quieter. However, when we were there, they were changing carpet on the top two floors of the south building, and the room they showed us only have partial view of the ocean. So we'd decided to keep the room in the middle building. It did get noisy a couple of time - tour buses loading and unloading tourists in the parking lot right outside of the lobby, business meeting and party on the terrace next to the pool, kids shouting by the pool. It did drive me crazy a few times since I am very sensitive to noise. The little refrigerator in the room was also making a lot of noise, so I turned the dial to off.

We enjoyed the hot tub very much. There were three hot tubs. One of them was for adult only. I only wish they provide better beach towels. They looked used and old. The ocean view was great. You have a room on the south side, I think you can see the sunset better. The south building also has a rooftop terrace on the fourth floor.

It was nice to have free Seattle's Best coffee everyday in the lobby. They also offered free chocolate chip cookies. The free continental breakfast was nice: waffles, boiled eggs, pastries, oatmeal, fruits... The hotel also offered discount vouchers for hot breakfast at Marie Calendar's, which is right by the hotel.

The beach access was steep. Lots of people jogged or walked their dogs on the beach. I personally did not like the beach there - it had a lot of seaweeds on the beach with lots of flies everywhere. I would rather drive to Avila Beach.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear 101Aloha, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I truly appreciate the comments. All of our guestrooms now have new carpet. We hope you will return to see us again.
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Rooms nice, location fantastic but a lot of loud guests. Even kids screaming at the pool at 23:00, they should be in bed at that time.
Also loud talking on the patio causing nuisance to the rooms in the proximity (about 6 rooms are within meters of this patio).
Would stay here again but not in the weekend.

Room Tip: Not in main building!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear J Dordt, Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am sorry the noise from other guests inconvenienced your stay. It is unfortunate that others are not more considerate. We do hope you will come back to stay with us during the week.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked 8 rooms for a family reunion. The grounds were perfect for all ages - pool, hot tubs, nice lawn area, steps to the beach. I read the other reviews about the noise. Some members of our group were pretty noisy but from our room (2nd floor) ocean view, facing pools, we did not experience the amount of discomfort that others mentioned in the review. We went to our room fairly early in the evening and some of the younger family members stayed until the pool closed at 11 PM. While we could hear people outside our room it was not disruptive; and we had our slider open. The sounds of the ocean coming in our room in the morning were awesome. We saw a pod of dolphins swimming close off shore each morning and evening. A great place for families. The staff was also very friendly. The breakfast could have had a few more options - waffle maker instead of frozen waffles, etc. but overall it was OK. The beds were comfortable. The rooms were nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Laurene R, Thank you for your wonderful comments in your review. I am glad your family reunion was a success here. The grounds are very nice and great for families and gatherings. We hope to see you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay here @ Sea crest. The staff made me feel special celebrating my 50 th birthday. Amazing view,fell asleep with the sound of the ocean. Clean rooms, great time by the fire pits at night, close to San Louis Obispo. Great time would recommend it to anyone!! Fantastic time Thank you!!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear DivaDebster, Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. We are honored you spent your 50th birthday with us. I am glad your stay was relaxing and fulfilling. We hope you will find your way to us again.
Sherrill NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We booked this through orbitz and upon checking in they asked for my credit card and liscence. Thinking they needed this for incidentals, I gave it to them and
they swiped it for over $1200.00 I told them it was already paid in full.They said the hold would fall off in 4 days. That was fine but what if I was traveling on a budget?The breakfast, cleanliness, housekeeping, location, and beach were all good. However if you want a peaceful vacation, this hotel is NOT for you. I traveled with my husband and twelve year old twins and we were constantly disturbed by the people staying here. Loud obnoxious children during the day and pot smoking, drinking-drunk adults making a lot of noise during the night~have fun

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Miss Beth, I am very sorry your stay was disappointing. I apologize for the noise issues you experienced. I am also very concerned about the billing issues you experienced. I am glad the hotel was nice for you beyond the noise from others and the billing problem. I hope it has been taken care of, if not please contact me personally at jamie.wallace@seacrestpismo.com. Thank you.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a beautiful room and loved staying there. Until checkout time when I checked out they ran my card twice charging me twice I was stuck sitting there for two hours trying to get it fixed and I had my 3 very tired kids who were ready to go home. We finally got it all sorted out they gave us a free nights stay anytime till Dec 2013. Well two days later. My card was ran AGAIN now tell me how that was a mistake? I was pretty upset and to really upset me I called to reserve my room and they had nothing in the computer. If u stay there be cautious they might drain your bank account!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear DTennelli, I am very sorry about the credit card issues you experienced at our hotel. That is horrible considering as you say, you had a nice stay at our beautiful hotel. I do hope it was taken care of. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I can be reached personally at jamie.wallace@seacrestpismo.com. Thank you.