“can't wait to go back”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My family and I went here last spring break on the recommendation of friends. They enjoyed their stay so we thought we would give it a try.What a great surprise. The hotel is beautiful with an amazing view. The room were very large, clean, and tastefully decorated. The hotel has a complementary breakfast which had a lot of variety. They had a nice pool and a few hot tubs, all of which were very clean. Our favorite part was they have a staircase down to the beach and is in easy walking distance to town. We have already booked our trip back for this spring break. We are driving 18 hours straight to get there-soooo worth it!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and book a room with an ocean view or coastal view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Kathi W, Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very impressed you drove from Washington state to stay with us. I am glad it was soooo worth it! I hope your travels make your way to us again.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The MOTEL iS in a beautiful location. Our room was clean. We reserved a Signature Suite and loved the sitting area and balcony. It is not their fault that the temps were about 20 degrees below normal, but the facility has no preparation for that. The lobby is not connected to the rooms. Complimentary Continental Breakfast is nice, but when its 35 at 7:00 am I dont want to go outside to get my coffee, and I definitely dont want to drink it ouside by a firepit!
The hallways are freezing because the doorways to the parking area are always open.
We were there to attend a wedding and were told there would be blankets and space heaters if necessary, since the entire day would be outdoors. There were no blankets and the heaters did not work.

Room Tip: Friends room was in a different building, on the first floor Their "view" was a walkway. T...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Janet A, Thank you for your recent stay at the SeaCrest. Thank you for your nice comments regarding the room. I do apologize that the weather was chilly. The hotel is very outdoors oriented with firepits and gas heaters to keep warm. We hope you will return when the weather warms up.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stopped here on our way up the coast to San Francisco. I wish we could have stayed longer here! The hotel is terrific, mini fridge, microwave, keurig coffee maker in every room. We had our own private bacony which was really nice. We did not have an "ocean front" room, although we were still able to see the ocean from our room. A lot of hotels would have classified our room as ocean front and charged more.

The beach is amazing, you walk down a lot of stairs to get the the beach... great exercise. Amazing views. The little down town area with all the shops ect is withing walking distance.

The Monarch butterfly grove is only a little over a mile away, and that is amazing as well.

I wish I would have known what a special place this was before I booked as I would have stayed longer.

Love the heaters and fires outside by the pool, it was nice to sit out there with the family and talk, laugh, and stay toasty warm.

Next time I would love to stay for a few days, and come back in the summer when we can enjoy the beach in bathingsuits. :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Diane C, I am glad you had an awesome time at our hotel. It is a great stop along the coast but a better experience when you can stay longer. There is much to do and explore not only in Pismo Beach but the entire area. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel back in 1994 and returned because of its great location. Back then I would have reviewed it as clean and comfortable. Now it is a wow! Redone rooms are beautiful and the grounds are stunning. But the staffs attention to details what really sets it apart. I had mentioned it was our aniversary while making the reservation. On arrival we found a lovely, handwritten note in our room. The staff was always ready with suggestions on places to go. But my favorite was being asked at checkout if there was anything they could do to make our next stay better!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kathleen C, Thank you for your nice compliments about our hotel. I appreciate the Wow comment. You are right, attention to detail is very important in our business and I am glad we accomplished that during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next anniversary but hopefully earlier.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here on December 23rd through a Groupon special and it was an excellent deal. The hotel is very clean, and the location is amazing, you just walk down this long stairway to the beach and walk to the pier. My son loved flying his kite on the beach. They have 3 jacuzzis unfortunately we forgot our swimsuits. hey have a nice little continental breakfast included which you can eat outside looking at the ocean with heaters warming you up. We will definitely be back over the summer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Lovetospend, Thank you for your nice comments in your review. I am glad you had a nice stay with us. This is a great location to unwind and as your son did, just fly a kite! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is an excellent beach hotel. Most beach hotels simply rely on the location and put no effort into creating a comfortable stay. This hotel, however, has wonderfully updated rooms and heated outdoor patio seating . . . in addition to easy access to a gorgeous beach. The only item lacking is a restaurant on site, but the continental breakfast is pretty good. Overall, I generally book a beach hotel reservation while repeating to myself, "You only need this to sleep," and I steel myself for cheap towels and scratchy sheets. Not so at the SeaCrest. This is the type of place where you won't mind (too much) if the rain keeps you inside.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joe H, Thank you for your wonderful comments. As you mentioned a hotel can not just rely on its location, it also must be a comfortable place to just stay, even if it does rain. We are close to several restaurants and have a Marie Callenders on property. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you take a trip down to Pismo you have to stay at the SeaCrest our original plan was to stay 1 night when we got there we had to stay another night because it was so beautiful and the kids just loved it..... We took a walk down to the beach and to the pier at night it was just plane fun..... I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!!!!!!!!!! It was a trip with my sister and each of our two kids.

Room Tip: Room 211 is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lily B, Thank you for the "WOW"! I am glad you stayed another night. This is a great hotel for everyone and families. And as you mentioned we are close to the pier and downtown Pismo. We look forward to seeing you again!