“Great place for a mini vacation or to visit cal poly!”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Was looking for a 2-3 day trip from bay area while my daughter was on spring break. Looked at napa, Monterey, sf, etc. finally decided we could go visit my son at Cal Poly, have some sun, ocean and massage time all at one place. This is an older.place, which just means it has primo real estate! Has been totally updated, rooms are nice, balconies overlooking ocean, 3 hot tubs, firepits, beach access, etc.

1  Thank casanramon

Reviewed March 29, 2012

It has been a few years since I have been to the central coast and was so impressed by the remodel the Sea Crest has done. Very welcoming and comfortable, excellent job. Love the new tented entrance, the cookies in the afternoon, fresh coffee in the morning, and the rooms were wonderfully decorated and clean. Can't wait for my next visit back to the coast! Highly recommend this location.

1  Thank LindaKayC
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Beautiful location. Amazing sunsets. Semi-private beach below the cliffs. Modern decor, clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Overnight getaway with husband last Friday. I know that this hotel has had mixed reviews, but wanted to try it since it was oceanfront. Most rooms do face the ocean and it is a beautiful view. Can walk down paths to the ocean. However, this is the nosiest hotel I have ever been in. They placed us in a 2nd floor room close to the lobby. People out till 11pm using pool, jacuzzi and tables outside our door. In the morning, lobby area was packed and loud with people eating and talking beginning at 7am. Could not sit outside on balcony due to the looky lous even if we wanted to. Could not have drinks outside or leave door open to hear ocean due to the proximity of lobby. Ask for a room near the sides (same view). Thermostat did not work and bathtub drain did not work. When I complained, they gave me a $30 coupon off the "next visit"...as if. There are lots of nice ocean view/front hotels in Pismo. Won't be back to this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the sides of the u-shaped configuration. DO NOT get a middle room if you want any...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank berniez
GMSeaCrestPismo, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to relay your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry your stay was not peaceful and relaxing. I completely understand how the noise from others can interfere with your time as well as your privacy. It is our intent to provide a wonderful and exceptional lodging experience and I apologize that this did not occur for you.

I do want you to return to see us and experience the magic and serenity of our unique location. Please contact me personally so I can help facilitate this. I can be reached at 805-773-1808 or jamie.wallace@seacrestpismo.com.

My best,
Jamie Wallace

Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife and I planned a last minute get a way for our wedding anniversary. Reservations were easy on line, check in was quick, and our room was great. Amazing location perfect for a couples get a way and for families. We knew about this hotel from a prior trip with our kids.
If you are looking for a hotel in Pismo this hotel has it all.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Justin J
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Beautiful clean rooms and so quiet even with the sliding-door open all night long all we heard was the waves...

2  Thank Stevesgirl74
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The SeaCrest hotel was very modern and cozy. The access to Pismo Beach was very convenient and provided great picture opportunities. The staff were very helpful and catered to our every need. (They even lit the fireplace for us, we didn't even ask!) The hotel is a short distance from the Outlets, boardwalk, and downtown. The hotel also offered continental breakfast, but there wasn't much food choice.
Our rooms were a little pricey but we had a beautiful view, comfortable beds, a clean bath/shower, a Keurig coffee maker, and a flat screen TV. The sleep quality was OK due to the loud noise of footsteps on the floor above us. Our floor had a terrace that provided us with a place to sit while looking over the ocean.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. In my opinion, I hope to come again! :)

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool or ocean on a high floor for great views. ;)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family