“love the view”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed December 19, 2011

For the price and the oceanview from this property - I give it a 5 star! It is really hard to find a nice and clean beachfront hotel with ocean views at affordable prices at Pismo because there are only so many! I booked two weeks prior to our stay and got 20% off, each night cost $205 with tax, so overall 400 for both nights. Other hotels were older looking for the same price or way above our price so we stayed here! I really like that the property has a walkway (staircase) access down to the beach which many other properties do not have. You can take this path down to the beach and walk to the shops near the Pier. The distance is probably no more than 1 mile. They have 2 jacuzzis (one on each side of the pool) which is really nice at night when it gets a little cold. Unfortunately, these areas are closed at 10pm. In the morning, the have a layout of continental breakfast. I like to bring this up to the room and eat my breakfast with my husband on the patio watching the waves in the ocean. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation with the background sound of ocean waves, you can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: rooms right above the lobby are noisier.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Seacrest is in a great location within walking distance to the heart of Pismo Beach and right on the ocean. I was there for a wedding and consequently opted for one of the non-ocean view rooms since it was cheaper and I figured I would only be there at night. As it happened, of the rooms I saw, including two more costly ocean view ones, mine was the largest and nicest. This place has been remodeled relatively recently and the rooms are generally modern, clean and pleasant. Flat screen TV, iPod dock, and Keurig coffee machines were among the amenities that were well selected and appreciated. There were a couple minor problems with sink drains and a shower that drenched the floor no matter what position you put the showerhead or the curtain but in general I would recommend this place for a reasonable price, great location, and very comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: I actually liked my inexpensive non-view room the best of all I saw. I was in the north wing facing...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank pyrprshr
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed here for third year in a row in October. It's becoming a tradition to meet friends there this time of year.
Don't be fooled by the new name "Seacrest Resort" - it isn't a resort but a nice hotel nonetheless.
Rooms are well-appointed, with new furnishings, nice coffemaker, flat-screen tvs, half-height refrigerator. Comes with all you can eat continental breakfast. Even our non-ocean view room had a generous view of the ocean.
They continue to make small improvements every year, this year they updated the entrance and lobby, fixed up the pool area and added more outdoor seating for eating.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We've stayed here several times since the 1980s and never have been disappointed.
Last year, we stayed in the Signature Suite, a very spacious, comfortable room to hang out in, with great views.
I just made reservations for our next year's anniversary, in the Spa Deluxe Suite.
It's clean, friendly, close to some great restaurants.
Fantastic sunset views above the long sandy beach, enjoyed from the pool and rooftop sun deck!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We were driving the coast highway, LA to San Francisco after attending a conference in Anaheim. We did not have a reservation but the desk clerks were very friendly and said they could get us a room in about an hour. They said if we wanted to go have dinner or tour around the city, they would call me on my cell when the room was ready. I've never had service like that before.

The hotel is located right off Highway 1 and is elevated on a cliff above the beach and Pacific. We had a ground floor unit and were able to walk to the edge of the cliff and take the wooden stairs down to the beach. We walked down to the Pismo Beach Pier and back and enjoyed every minute of it. Took many photo's of the rocks and cliffs. I liked one of pictures so much that I had it put on my Visa card!

Truly a great classic California hotel. It was maintained very well and the staff was very accomodating.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor facing the outdoor pool and ocean. We could walk out of our sliding door right...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

For anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor place to hold your wedding.... SeaCrest is the place!! We were married in Oct outside on the patio area overlooking the beach. The weather was perfect and the view was unbelieveable. We were able to include our dog in our wedding since SeaCrest is a pet friendly hotel which meant a LOT to my groom/husband and I.
Thanks to Nicole and especially Jess (SeaCrest event coord) for taking care of all of our needs and working with us to make sure that all of our guests had the correct room types reserved (we made several room reservation changes for our guests but Jess was very accomodating in helping us work through all of the changes).
The patio area (concrete) used for our wedding made it easy for our guests to walk around and for my mom to easily move on her wheelchair. It was also a prerequisite for me in that I didn't want any of the bridesmaids or myself to have to walk on grass. The hotel is great with 3 jacuzzi's and a pool along with access to the beach! All of our wedding guests had rooms at SeaCrest and everyone enjoyed their rooms along with meeting up in the mornings to hang out and enjoy the continental breakfasts. My groom and I had the Signature Suite and the view was breathtaking. The only thing I wish we could change is an earlier check-in (although 4:00 check-in is standard for Pismo hotels) but the hotel did their best to try and accomodate early check-ins for our guests.
Again, special thanks to Jess for helping us with all of our wedding details at SeaCrest. Jess was so friendly, informative and willing to help address all of our questions or requests (Thanks Jess!!!).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have stayed at Seacrest before and always enjoyed ourselves so we decided to stay there for our honeymoon. They have done a terrific remodel and the place looks wonderful. Thank you everyone for helping us find great places to visit while out there - especially Megan and Mike. This would have definately been a 5 star rating if we didn't have a billing mishap after we got home. Part our fault, part their fault, but it's to bad it happened. It seems there should be better systems in place to verify when you leave.
That said, the people were wonderful, the place was gorgeous and I look forward to going back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple