“Best View In California!”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Tansz
“Best View In California!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed here for Memorial Day weekend. From the outside, it looks like a basic 2 star hotel. The common area's were kind of messy, because of the long weekend. There were a ton of kids running around...not very romantic.

However, once you enter the room and open up the balcony......all of that is forgotton! We stayed in the north tower in an ocean view king room. The room was very clean. The bed was super soft. The bathroom was updated and shiny--most important.
However, the view was on par to that of Cancun or Acapulco. It was too cold to go swimming...but enjoying the view from the balcony was great! I will return for a during the week visit....I am sure the rates are better then, too.

The free breakfast wasn't worth getting up for. However, the free all day coffee was great!
The Splash Cafe for chowder in a bread bowl is a must do! The Ventana Grill is pricey, but try the fried halibut and chips...super!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I thought we had a great stay. The room smelled kind of smokey but we were happy to get a room on the coast for 4th of July weekend. Problem, I just got my credit card bill and I was overcharged $100. I called and front desk told me a manager would have to call me back. Next day I got a call saying house keeping said we had smoked marajuana! SERIOUSLY??? I am outraged! I told him my husband and I don't smoke. He said he would connect me to another . manager. It was a voicemail. I left a message. No return call. My husband tried calling. No return call. We have stayed at countless hotels where this has NEVER happened to us. For the past 21 years we have stayed at The Cliffs at Shell Beach. I highly recommend staying at The Cliffs where you are not falsely accused!!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Pxcardi
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
On behalf of the management of the SeaCrest Oceanfront Hotel, we are distressed that your July 4th weekend stay with us proved unsatisfactory. Smoke residue or scent in any of our hotel rooms is an issue we take very seriously. We pride ourselves in being a 100% non-smoking facility, inside and out. Our Housekeeping staff conducts a check-list examination for smoke each time a room is prepared for an arriving guest. Your room passed the test completely. You also did not report smelling any lingering smoke aroma after settling into your room even though you had just signed our non-smoking registration clause that informs you of our policy to charge your account for the cost of any necessary super-cleaning due to smoke.
We apologize for the delay in returning your phone calls and informing you more promptly of the reason for the extra charge. Please give us the opportunity to host you again and provide you with a completely satisfactory and enjoyable experience on the Pismo Bluffs.
Roger Corwin, General Manager
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We booked in here as part of our West Coast tour as we liked the idea of an 'ocean front' hotel. I assumed all of the rooms had some sort of sea view. Ours did not. It had a view of a brick wall...! I immediately went down to reception who could only offer us a family suite at a cost of £200 a night (so £600 for our 3 night stay!). We went for it as we were tired after driving all the way from LA and being so near the ocean we wanted to see it! It was a lovely suite but so it should be for that price! The breakfast was very basic and the breakfast room over busy at times, people had to take it away or eat by the pool. The staff were just ok could have been a bit warmer/friendlier. We enjoyed the pool and it was lovely and warm. Quite a walk into town, though no problem for us as we enjoyed walking along the beach. Highly recommed Marie Callenders restaurant in the car park lot, lovely food, friendly service and great value.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a sea view!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Took my 8 year old daughter with me on a mini-vaca and we loved the SeaCrest Hotel. Magnificent views, nicely appointed rooms, awesome pool, hot tubs, and a bed of family activities (giant chess board, badmiton, volleyball). People were BBQing in the available pits -- just a real friendly place. The continental breakfast was a good variety and plentiful. Coffee was always available and not your crappy cup of watered down goo.

It's walking distance (a wonderful stroll) to downtown pismo either down the street or across the beach to the pier.

Only reason I gave 4 stars was because we had the room right next to the elevator on the entrance to the tower and IT WAS LOUD!!!

Room Tip: Stay off the second floor where the majority of the traffic seems to be.
3 Thank Funnier1
California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband, son, french bulldog and I stayed at the Seacrest for my son's baseball tournament. The location and facilites are perfect for families traveling. It was also very easy to travel with our family dog. We stayed at the hotel with a few other families and the kids had a great time going from the beach to the pool and playing on the grassy lawn. The rooms were average. Although the furnishings were updated it looked like there were some missed details in the remodel. The improvements that are a must would be a better breakfast and towels out by the pool. We throughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Seacrest to any traveling families.

Room Tip: If you have pets the best room is the one with the patio that goes out to the lawn.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I visited the hotel with my husband and two small children. We are regular guests at the Seacrest. We always choose the Seacrest because it offers the most expansive grounds for our children to play and wear themselves out. Our kids also love the direct beach access and spend hours on the beach. None of these activities break our pocketbook. The Seacrest offers an incredibleand affordable family getaway. We'll be back soon.

1 Thank beatricebeauvais
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I had the pleasure to stay again at the Seacrest. The hotel never lets me down. Its staff is always very friendly & helpful and the beach bluff location can't be beat. I appreciate that the ownership continues to make improvements including the landscaping & makeover of the front of the hotel. I've never seen the hotel more alive with several weddings being held during my stay. Keep up the good work and I look forward to getting back to the hotel soon.