“Love the Seacrest!”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed March 18, 2011

My family had two rooms at the Seacrest this week. We opted for the cheapest, non-view rooms at $89. Yet we discovered that our balconies overlooked the beach. It wasn't a direct view like the most expensive rooms, but we could sit on our balconies and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Pacific. Rooms looked great, the upgrade was done well. Only downside was that our Keurig coffeemaker didn't work. Will return here again!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank DellaDidDisney
Write a ReviewReviews (2,103)

Reviewed March 15, 2011

This was my second stay at Seacrest and I have stayed at a couple of other hotels north of here in Shell Beach. This is a great value for families, but is not a "resort" by any means. I will stay here with a friend or my husband for a night or two on our way to Paso or Big Sur and it is adequate. My first stay in February was good, but this one not so good. Without going into great detail, I was assigned a sub-par room with carpet stains, odor,etc...
I had originally posted a very poor, detailed review and was contacted by the hotel on another matter and I explained to them why I would not be a repeat guest. She apologized profusely, looked into the facts of the matter and contacted me again to make it right. Because of this and to be fair, I removed my post and am submitting this one. As far as the customer service aspect goes in this instance, she went above and beyond to make it up to me and made me feel like a valued guest when all was said and done. I give them 5/5 for customer service and guest retention efforts.
The bottom line in my opinion is that this place is geared toward families and there are lots of them here. As a result, the rooms take a lot of abuse and should be monitored as far as quality control more often. It is still a good value when you consider the location, continental breakfast and coffee when you have several people in your group. They have an excellent pool area, common areas, and several spas.
I would recommend paying more for a ocean front room on a higher floor if you want privacy and less noise.
Thank you to Seacrest for valuing my comments. I will be back for another visit this summer and hopefully will have another positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2011

This a very beautiful hotel. We stayed in an ocean view room and was beyond satisfied. The room was very clean and we loved the contemporary decor. The hotel ground was picture perfect . The hotel patio was my favorite place to unwind with a glass of wine while listening to the ocean. We also love the simple yet delicious breakfast .
We are planning a second trip next month.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Beautiful, clean, peaceful. Modern and clean. The views are spectacular and the hot tub and spa-perfect. The breakfast is small and simple, but sufficient for most.
Will pick an ocean view room the next time we stay!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My husband and I spent this last weekend there on our babymoon. We weren't able to get an ocean view room, but we hadn't planned on staying in the room much anyway. The hotel ground are beautiful and there is a path right to the beach. The room was very modern and clean. The bed was big and comfortable. There was a Keurig coffee maker with yummy coffee, a little fridge and a microwave. Breakfast was oatmeal, boiled eggs, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit and cereal. Enough to fill me up. Marie Callenders was also right next door. We had dinner there our first night were blown away by how fresh and delicious the food was. Desert was the best!

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Positive:
I liked the room decor - contemporary.
The view from the rooms and the property is very nice.
The hotel was completely sold out over the long weekend but it wasn't too noisy or crowded in the morning.

Negative:
The bedding especially the bedsheets and the blanket need to be updated. The blanket was worn and scratchy. The mattress and pillows were good.

Bottom Line:
Overall a nice, pleasant stay, if I visit the area again I will consider staying at the Sea Crest again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Spacious rooms, many with amazing views, good value, great location, quiet for sleeping make this a place we will come back to next time we are in the area.