“Nice place”

Oxford Suites Pismo Beach
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Everything was pretty good! Staff and service was excellent! Full breakfast in the mornings and beer/wine reception at night was nice. Price of room was very affordable. My only complaint would have to be the noise coming from the boiler room next to our room. Noise sounded like metal tumbling around in a dryer....so next time, I will make sure room isn't near any of the boiler rooms. Won't hesitate to stay at Oxford Suites in Pismo again.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank SDFDFireman

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was initially disappointed because I thought we would be close to the beach. However I am glad we did not change our reservations because the staff to a person (but especially Will) went out of their way to make our stay great. Same as other reviewers have noted, the full breakfast and free happy hour/appetizers were good, and money savers. Room was clean, large, and quiet. About the beach.... not that far away and the rooms we looked at for next time were not up to the value of the Oxford Suites. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Notmyname2
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were on a road trip heading north on 101. We have stayed at other Oxford Suites and been very happy. They are not all the same! Very tired after a long day of driving, we decided to stay here. As we are walking to our room (after parking in the back of hotel next to the dumpsters in the dark), we are greeted group of young construction workers drinking beer and hanging out outside of our room. They "politely" moved to stand in front of "their" room to continue drinking and talking, about 2 feet away. I felt uncomfortable, so I called down to the desk and asked for another room. They came up with new keys and moved us to the end of the outdoor hallway. No thanks...as we looked around more, there were about 3 different groups of workers all hanging out smoking and drinking in the outdoor areas. Now, I have nothing against construction workers at all, but don't like them, or any large groups on men, hanging out feet away from where I'm sleeping. So, we promptly checked out and went to another hotel. I can't comment much on the room, as we didn't stay. They were accomodating when we said we were leaving. Didn't seem too surprised really...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank travelers1008
Reviewed October 30, 2013

the personnel were very friendly. the rooms are large with separate sitting rooms, 2 TVs, micro, frig, coffee etc. the separate room has a pull out bed so sleeping 6 people would not be a problem.

the full breakfast was excellent and the drinks and appetizers in the evening were very good and included in price of the room

the location is perfect - near the outlet mall and lots of great restaurants.

we were very impressed with everything this hotel had to offer.

Room Tip: The 2 queen beds rooms in the back are off the main road and very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Audrey R
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Really a great place to stay. I have been there with my family on several occasions, but this time I went with my elderly mother. Making the reservation was wonderful, as they let us book for one night only and made sure we had a first floor handicapped room for easy accessibility for my mom, as well as myself as I am still recovering from knee surgery. The staff is very professional and courteous, especially Will who made our reservation and was always so friendly and went over and beyond to make my mom and I comfortable and so welcome. The room was spacious and very clean, but my mom especially enjoyed the happy hour they provide in the evening and the full breakfast in the morning. We had a wonderful stay and my mom showed her appreciation by passing out Sees candies to all the staff she could find on our way to check out. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracy K
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently on a business trip Great hotel , made up by an even better staff look foward to returning and staying here for a weekend trip to the beach the rooms we're nice with all the basic amenities , fridge, two flat screen hd tv's, microwave, iron & ironing board etc.etc.etc.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ERIC C
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The accomodations at the Oxford Suites of Pismo Beach were excellent! The suites were very spacious ( separate living room and bedroom) and were very neat and clean! I can't say enough good about the service and staff there. Everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating. We stayed for 6 nights and I'm sure we'll stay with them again, the next time we're in the area. They also had a great hot breakfast and evening reception that we took full advantage of.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, just to make sure we didn't have any "lead foots" above...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family