“Wish I had more time”

Oxford Suites Pismo Beach
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I spent one night here while on our PCH drive north, starting with the desk clerk who cound not have been nicer, every thing about the room was great. He gave us a good recommendation for supper and the happy hour was very enjoyable. The room was great and even though our room was next to the highway it was still quiet enough for us to get a good nights sleep. Breakfast was good as well.
If we had the chance we would stay here again!

Room Tip: I guess try to get away from the highway.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My very large immediate and extended family just stayed here last week and the service was EXCEPTIONAL! It is so nice to get great customer service. All the employees had smiles on their faces and went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. The hotel was exactly what we were looking for-clean, reasonably priced and family friendly. I thought it might cost me a fortune since it was so close to the outlet malls but my wife had self control :). Overall, absolutely I will stay there again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here for three nights at the beginning of May; the staff at the front desk went out of their way to inform us of all the wineries in the area, including making recommendations and giving us free tasting vouchers. We loved the "happy hour" in the bar and Bob the bartender, was most entertaining. The breakfast in the cantina was very substantial and a full hot breakfast. We found that there are three courtyards with the rooms surrounding them: one has a pool, one has a fenced dog area and one has benches under beautiful large trees. Our room faced this last one and was quiet and relaxing. The rooms are very large : the living area has a corner sofa, small table and chairs, a bar fridge, microwave, sink and TV. The bedroom has a king size bed with large closet and sink and the bathroom. This bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on! I recommend you visit Avila beach too - very quaint and great beach and pier. Our favorite visit was also to Solvang - a true Dutch village complete with windmills and Dutch pastries and only about 45 minutes away. The cafes, restaurants and lovely shops make it worth the drive. We truly enjoyed this hotel as it offered clean large suites at a good price. Although this hotel is right off the freeway, we did not hear any traffic; also it was easy to locate.

Room Tip: If you want a peaceful retreat I would choose a room on the second floor in the third courtyard. The...
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed at this property several different occasions. Had a wedding to attend, hosted a girls night out. Nice room, pleasant staff, lovely grounds with pretty cala lillys everywhere.
PROS: Good room selection, helpful staff, nice grounds, close to most central coast attractions, nice breakfast.
CONS: Right off the freeway rooms facing freeway can hear the traffic, rooms could use a "freshening up"
Overall, I would stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on upper level away from freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stopped here for one night on our way north. I agree that the rooms are big, clean and bed comfortable. It is an older property and, therefore, no elevator. We are in our 70's so requested a ground floor room. Did get some noise from above. Would recommend an upper floor room if you don't mind stairs. Staff all nice. There are complimentary drinks in the evening (wine and beer), plus a couple of snacks. The breakfast was fine. If you are on a budget this is a nice place to stay.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Went there for a weekend getaway with my hubby. Appearance of hotel, and inside lobby have a quaint country Spanish style feel, I was pretty impressed from this as a first impression, one that shows some class from this suite lodging. Our room was on the top balcony level, overlooking the pool and it was pretty nice. U liked how during this spring month the sun peaks right into the pool area, which is also decked with iron and resort type patio furniture. More of a park or condo feel. This place needs a elevator though, because its not accessible to handicaps.

Our room was pretty clean and well decorated giving off a beachy but also a Spanish resort type style. They could change (hopefully sooner than later) how "old meets new". This means some old furniture but a modern rustic feel. It works, but for example, the couch looked faded and abused. Not very comfortable either to sit on...maybe if they threw on comfy decorative pillows and a clean throw blanket it wouldve been awesome. What's cool is there's a mint kitchenette area with micro, fridge, sink and faux marble counter. Coffee maker and coffee suck tho! They need to update to a Keurig and K cups. It was nice to see that the living/sitting room area seperates from the bedroom/bath area. What I liked most is their clean bathroom. They passed my clean bathrooom check! Also the hotels shower combo pump station is cool where there is an ample amount of shower/bath gel, shampoo and conditioner that is by the hotel and smells like Italian blood oranges. There are two flat screens which I liked. One in the living/sitting area and one in the bedroom. It could've had HBO AND Showtime channels. Maybe a DVD rental in the Lobby since they had a DVD player but no DVDs. If you don't provide it then its a nusence to have it in the room. I loved theahiga y collected wood feel they had within. The room. Especially the roomy large closet. Bonus like is the small balcony patio you have with a table for two located outside the room. Another area to sit and enjoy the sunlight or fresh air. They only thing is its too close to the other guest's room and doesn't provide some privacy. The next guest over can see you or you could toast beers with them if they are outside their patio:) It was a pleasure to have a free full hot breakfast in their cute breakfast room which was also handsomely decorated with that old county Spanish feel. There also is a cool cantina that serves a complimentary drink and snacks M-Sat nights. The fact that the pool and hit tube was clean and with perfect heated temps was a pleasure to enjoy. Good eateries and beautiful houses to look at in the area. Their staff were all pretty nice and helpful. Also conveniently located by visitor attractions like Pismo Beach premium outlets and their downtown area too. I would definately come Great for families and the romantic couple!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is such a wonderful place to stay.... My cat, Aristophanes (Bud) likes it also (well as much as a cat would). >^..^<

Thank-you Will, Marisela, Bartender Bob (♥), and Sherry....

Everyone is ALWAYS So Wonderful and helpful.... I wish other Big Name Hotels would train with this staff....

The breakfast is wonderful, the Cantina is great, but the food has gone down hill. I would much rather have fresh crudites than a packaged iceberg salad, but I hear they are changing the food this weekend (BBQ).

They have games to borrow & I'm always taking books for their library.

This is home away from home.

ALSO I Always Complain about this One Thing (2-3 times a year): Note for the CORPORATE OFFICE: UPGRADE the Browser & Flash Player on the Lobby PCs Already! Jeezzz.... these are the slowest, and Adobe Never Works, Clean it up! Teach one of your desk staff how to do this, GIVE SOMEONE on Staff the PASSWORD! GET IT DONE!

Room Tip: Rooms in back and far South side are quieter..... Building I opens to the grassy area & has a f...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo