All reviews room was clean location is great cinnamon rolls within walking distance ocean view close to downtown downtown pismo would stay here again bit dated san francisco cookies pool and hot tub coffee maker stayed here for one night road trip steps pier
Reviewed October 9, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for a night on the way up to San Fran. We went off season in September and paid £41 for a double room. At that price we couldn't really complain. Location is great, right on the beach front. Other reviewers are correct in saying that it looks like it's had better days and was quite tatty round the edges. The staff were very pleasant though and the room was clean with a working fridge. I don't know what they charge on peak season but for somewhere that cheap, we really couldn't complain. Pismo beach off season is a really great place to visit by the way.

Date of stay: September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Zelda_T
Reviewed July 10, 2006

Upon arriving to the Edgewater we were happy with the location. We spoke with a hotel clerk to see if we could park our vehicle in the parking lot and enjoy our day at the beach before checking in. We arrived at 11am and check in is at 3pm. The said no problem and it looked as if every person who was not staying at the hotel was doing the same thing. Taking up parking for guests.

Anyhow, we spent the day at the beach. We have 2 small children (age 4 1/2 & 2 1/2) so the flight of steps leading down was much better than the Tiki resorts down the way. The beach has a public restroom however there is not a lifegaurd station in front of the hotel. There are 2 that are located on either side of location about 1/2 mile down the beach. So do keep your eyes open.

Checking in at 3pm was very simple. We stayed on the beach for a few more hours before packing it up and heading back to our room. 331. It is the last room on the 3 rd level that you can still see somewhat of an "ocean view". Ridiculous!!! You have a better view of the pool then you do the ocean. So, don't bother if you are really wanting a view. The room was also located next to the vending machines, elevator and of all things a "Courtesy Smoking Station". OUTRAGEOUS!! The 2nd floor rooms are all smoking rooms, put the "Courtesy Stations" on that floor. The icing on our cake was at 6:30 am we were woken up to the sounds of stomping. It sounded like a group of people were doing jump and jacks above us. Low and Behold we found out that it was the "Continental Breakfast" being served above us in the Sky Room. DIRECTLY ABOVE US! Also, our room did not have a working a/c or fan. It was horrible at night. Especially after spending a day at the beach. My two kids were sweating all night so I finally opened up the bathroom window and prayed that we would be safe.

The continental breakfast is a joke too. They ONLY served coffee, orange juice, hot chocolate/tea packets w/ ONLY blueberry muffins. Couldn't go any further and purchase fruit or such for guests. A WASTE OF MONEY!! Ripoff as well!!!

LIke I said we were woken up at 6:30 am after FINALLY falling asleep at 11pm (you hear everything on the walkways, pool closes at 10:30, etc) so we checked out early. My husband spoke to a hotel clerk and mentioned our displeasure and all we got was
"Sorry your stay was not great".

Couldn't even get a coupon for a percentage off a next trip or even a slight discount being that our room was HORRIBLE and the management must know it. Considering they do see clearly where the location is.

Don't waste your money. The Sea Gypsy is right next door and looks like a great place. I have a lot of friends and family that have stayed and they give the Sea Gypsy a great recommendation. They were booked the night we wanted to stay so we thought perhaps the Edgewater would be great too considering they are next door to one another. HOW wrong we were.

If we do decide to stay again we will splurge and take the Luxury Suite with a balcony. At least that room has a "REAL" ocean view.

P.s Sea Gypsy rooms that state "ocean view" really do. You are not at an angle/etc. Plus you have a balcony!! A plus for families!

8  Thank mrstuckey
Reviewed November 20, 2005

This is simply a budget motel. We stayed here last week and really enjoyed our stay. The location is great, the pool and hot tub were just what we wanted and the price was right. Staff were friendly.

The room was big and clean. Slightly dated and not very glam, but we slept well and had a great time here. You can probably get nicer, cheaper and better located if you try, but we've got no regrets,

Date of stay: November 2005
2  Thank Boasty
Reviewed October 31, 2005

This hotel was a family favorite as I grew up. It always held fond memories so I took my own children there. It seemed that the hotel hadn't been updated since my last stay in 1990. Carpet was really worn, room was dark and musty. The other hotel guests were very loud both nights and we slept very little. I would have changed rooms the second night if I could have found a vacancy. (Even though my husbands company paid for the trip, I would have put out my own money for a decent room). The only nice thing I can say is that it has a great location on the beach. I would suggest the Sandcastle Inn for a nicer hotel, at a comparable price.

Date of stay: September 2005
6  Thank Traveler13599
Reviewed September 17, 2005

This hotel was in a good location for the beach, but was very noisy with lots families staying there. Rooms were rather tatty, our bathroom had a bit of mould on the wall and the tap kept dripping. A bit over priced.

Date of stay: September 2005