“Filthy Dirty! No Customer Service!”

Edgewater Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed May 5, 2009

My husband surprised me with a trip for our fifth wedding anniversary ... and staying at this hotel offered numerous surprises - but none good!!

The only positive about this property is the location - it's right next to the beach, which is very convenient. However, the owner/management must think this is all they need.

Our room was VERY outdated - furnishings mismatched, very poorly cared for. We had a room with a ktichenette - we were afraid to use the stove/fridge due to filth and age! We happened to take Clorox wipes with us on this trip, and we used nearly the entire container! EVERYTHING WAS DIRTY! The kitchen had food everywhere, the bathroom smelled, and the sheets HAD BLOOD AND BODILY FLUID STAINS ON THEM!! Our first night there we had to sleep on top of the blanket! AND, the heater didn't work!! The next day, after two calls for maid service and finally a trip to the front desk ourselves, we got two more blankets. Even the top shelf of the closet was covered with dirt - probably hadn't been cleaned in over a year! What are they paying their maids to do??

The front desk staff during our stay was very young and seemed put-out to even be there, let alone speak to the guests or try to solve problems. We politely told our problems to one girl who said nothing - not even a simple sorry! If even the littlest thing was done to remedy our problems, we would have been ok with it - but nothing was ever done!!

At nearly $200 a night, this place is the biggest rip-off I've ever experienced in my lifetime!!! I left feeling absolutely robbed!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lprdgrl

Reviewed March 31, 2009

Excellent staff, clean rooms, pool was hot, best location for the money! You can walk everywhere from here. Got really good restaurant recommendations from the front desk and excellent directions too. a good place, will come back!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2009

This motel was so gross the only good thing was walking distance to the beach. I cannot begin to tell you about room number 139 disgusting we should have gotten our money back but i guess since we had to stay there don't think we didnt call around.
The bedding was so gross i felt dirty just being in the room is stunk so bad good thing i brought some lysol spray and i am not kidding. I will never stay there again it needs alot of cleaning and upgrades we couldnt even watch t.v. because the picture was to fuzzy and it had no internet. The kitchen table was so gross. All in all if you want a dirty room and don't care by all means stay there.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank GORDONFAN24Ca
Reviewed August 13, 2008

They've tried to update some of it: the kitchenette in our suite was new and nicely done, a couple of cabinets were new, the a/c looked new, but there are plenty of things that still need work. Our bathroom was in serious need of updating, the doors inside our suite stuck like crazy, and one of the light fixtures was broken (not the bulb, the fixture). It's not terrible, just a bit old and used.
The up-side is that it's just a walk across the parking lot to the beach. Way cool, that. Also, it's very close to restaurants and such downtown.
If we could find another hotel with as good a location in the same price range, we'd give it a try. If not, then we would likely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I really have to say that the front desk clerk was extremely friendly and professional. I booked directly with the hotel for a last minute family getaway. It was the only place that did not require a 2 night minimum for this particular weekend... so I thought great! but not really, the main problems at this place... absolutely no ventilation in the room! Even after opening the windows it was the most hot and uncomfortable night of my life. I could hear people laughing and screaming through 3am in the pool, but who could blame them? It was a hot weekend and they probably had no air in their room as well. The other issue was the bedding smelled horrible.... good thing it was too hot to use blankets, I just put my towels on top and we slept like that...but either way they obviously needed to be washed. The last issue I have but cannot fully confirm is that I think I found rat droppings by the bed the next morning. Unless they were old raisins or something... it didn't look appealing either way. I do have to say that the convenience of being adjacent to the beach and the view was absolutely wonderful, but would I stay there again? No I don't think so. I have 3 small children and those issues are not acceptable to me. I plan to check out the other locations adjacent to the beach. For me, this place definitely needs some improvements. I made no complaints while I was there (perhaps a mistake)... but I'm just one who will take the experience and not return. I also felt the need to share these concerns with other families who have small children. Also if it makes a difference I was on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Dark_Choc-a-holic
Reviewed February 25, 2008

My husband and I stay here EVERY time we are in Pismo Beach. We firt booked this hotel site unseen for our Honeymoon. We stayed in the Suite that over looks the ocean with the big balcony. At this time I cannot remember the room number or the name of the suite. WE LOVED IT!!! We come back all the time. The last time we stayed here was for my birthday in April of 2005. Now if you are expecting the Ritz, your looking at the wrong place. This place is a Motel. They are a bit on the older side, but hey, the rooms were always clean when we went, the staff was extremely friendly, the view was SPECTACULAR, the beach is literally steps away. I mean you cannot ask for more! And the price! WOW! Again we stayed in the suite so we had full ocean view, and the huge balcony out the two seperate sliders. This suite is like a little apartment. The bedroom is seperate from the living room. The living room has a couch and extra seating the kitchen area has a dining room table and refridgerator etc. Really this place is great. Book ahead that is for sure. I am still looking for my pictures from the two times that we stayed there to post them here. You will see they are great. You really can walk to just about everything if you need to. Try horseback riding also! We had a great time riding on the beach! I think the other reviewers were probably expecting a glamorous hotel, and that is why they were disappointed. I certainly hope the word DOESNT get out about this place and it will be the best kept secret in Pismo Beach!

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2007

The person on the phone was professional and very peasant. The staff when we checked in were very friendly. The rooms were very clean and tidy. Edgewater Kicks [--]!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)