“Not fancy, but functional”

Edgewater Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed January 5, 2013

How can you complain when your room is steps from the beach? This hotel is not fancy, but it was clean. Beware that there is not really a "continental breakfast." Some coffee and a few muffins was all. The cookies in the afternoon were really good though. We got a King size room for $89. I must admit after staying the previous night at the Inn at Morro Bay, there was no comparison of the quality of the rooms, but it was ok. I may check around for other hotels to see if I can find just a little better quality for a similar price.

Room Tip: We were too near the pool, but the noise wasn't too bad. I like to be able to open the windows...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RAIDERKEV
EdgewaterInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Raiderkev,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel. I’m sorry the fresh baked muffins, orange juice, coffee and tea were not what you were expecting. I am glad you enjoyed our fresh baked cookies- everyone seems to love that special treat! You may be interested to learn that we are consistently upgrading our rooms and amenities, so the quality of our hotel will be constantly improving. I do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and keep going back. The price is reasonable for being so close to the beach, pier, shopping and restaurants. Staff was exceptionally friendly this trip. Room was clean and quiet. We had a relaxing time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Smilinhart
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the amenities our hotel has to offer. We appreciate your continued business and look forward to your future vacations with us.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

In town for a 1/2 marathon, and I tried to book elsewhere, but EVERYTHING was booked! Room was small, there were loud partiers right outside our door, and it was very outdated. Next time I'll choose to drive down the morning of the race if I can't find a room. Leaving town at 4:30 am would be better than staying at the Edgewater again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Momofgrlz
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your review about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We try our best to ensure that each of our guests stay is enjoyable and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I hope you would reconsider us the next time your in Pismo Beach.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Outdated, poorly maintained. Location is near, but not on the beach. Highway noise. We were in town for a 1/2 marathon and requested a late check out, due to not being able to get back to the hotel from the race in San Luis Obispo until about noon. Despite 3 requests for a few extra minutes to allow us to shower before our 4 hour drive home, they refused to accommodate us. Seemed very unreasonable considering it was a Sunday in October (not tourist season) and their check-in time for arrivals is not until 4 PM.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I do apologize that we did not provide excellent customer service and did not meet your expectations. We try our best to accommodate all requests for a late check out and unfortunately there are times when we are not able to. I hope in the future you would reconsider us, I'd be happy to personally assist you.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was conviently located @ beach front & short walk to local highlights. Drawback is that it's an older outdated hotel. The "ocean view" sales pitch is just that a pitch. If you want that view you'd have step outside & turn west to get that "ocean view". If you're looking for the "ocean view" go next door to the sea gypsie. They have rooms w/ back sliding doors that open w/ full ocean view.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you were able to enjoy our location, being able to walk to the beach or Downtown area is one of best amenities. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations regarding our Northern Coastal view and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I intended to stay in this motel for one night but we stayed for three instead. The motel is excellent value and situated right on the beach. Rooms are clean and comfortable, with complimentary coffee and muffins every morning. I must pay special mention to the staff who were most helpful and welcoming to us [you were brillant and part of the reason we stayed on]. Pismo Beach is beautiful and we have noted it for our next visit to California.
Keep up the good work.....

Room Tip: enjoy the pool, we had it to ourselves
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you were able to experience the great customer service our staff provides. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This motel is nice and close to the beach. Yes the decor is a little dated but the room was clean and the staff very nice. It is a short walk to the pier and they are dog friendly. Stay of the third floor with a high room number for the best view.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor, ocean view higher the room number the better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bubblesmom2009
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your review about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your future vacations with us.